I was very hesitant to book a room at the Cape View because of the extremely low rate but after reading reviews on Trip Advisor I decided that the overall reviews were not too bad. I wasn't expecting a 4-Star property but I was expecting a decent, clean room.
The rooms in my opinion are horrible. They are extremely dated, smell very musty, the carpets are dirty & sticky and the bathrooms have clearly never been renovated. But the biggest problem was the line of ants that started to crawl out of the ceiling crack in the evening. Not just one or two ants ... a line of ants. After calling the office we were told that they could "spray" and the ants would go away. Not exactly what you want to hear as you are about to fall asleep at night. We were told that they have never had this problem before so it could have been an isolated incident - but I would venture to say that it's a consistent problem! Do yourself a favor and look at other options before booking a room at the Cape View and end up like I did searching for another hotel room in sold out Cape Cod at 11:00PM!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We've made exciting improvements to enhance your stay at the Cape View Motel. There are new plush mattresses in every room with colorful new bedspreads and bed skirts, full coverage black-out drapery and plush white towels. One guest told us, "I had the best sleep of my life!" The building has a fresh coat of nautical gray paint. The outdoor pool is now heated. A new Cape View Motel sign brightly greets you at the entrance. You can also watch your favorite cable shows on new flat-screen TV's or stay connected with free WiFi. Some details you've come to expect from the Cape View Motel will always remain, like spectacular sunset views of Cape Cod Bay from every room. All of our spacious and comfortable rooms have air conditioning and a private bath. Kitchenette and Deluxe rooms have large sliding glass doors that open to a furnished private balcony. It's the perfect place to enjoy a delicious meal prepared in your efficiency kitchen. Take a refreshing dip in our heated outdoor pool after a day at the beach. The beaches of Truro, located within the Cape Cod National Seashore, are unmatched for their beauty and natural terrain. Ample parking and miles of white sand and dunes provide a relaxing experience unlike any other in the region. Miles of hiking and bike trails await the adventurous and sport fishermen come from around the world to cast their lines from the shore or aboard a ocean going charter boat. The Cape Cod Light, the oldest continuously operating lighthouse on Cape Cod and the Highland Links Golf Course are here in North Truro. Payomet Performing Arts Center offers live musical performances by world renowned artists in an intimate outdoor setting under the stars. Provincetown the entertainment and cultural hub of the Outer Cape, is a short ten minute drive from The Cape View. For your convenience during peak vacation season, Cape Cod Regional Transportation Authority operates a Flex Bus shuttle every half hour departing just a "stone's throw" away at the entry to our next door neighbor, The Atlantic Spice Company. While in P-town you may wish to visit one of the many art galleries, museums, or restaurants. Take a stroll down Commercial Street and you'll find a selection of delightful boutiques, unique shops and attractions. Those with a sweet tooth will want to visit one of many stores specializing in homemade ice cream, candy and chocolate. Fans of live performance will want to check out the scene at The Provincetown Playhouse or listen to music at Preservation Hall, one of several clubs or stop for a street performance. Provincetown is the best place in New England for Whale Watching - an unforgettable experience not to be missed. . Charming Wellfleet village, home of world famous Wellfleet Oysters, is only 10 minutes south of Cape View. Catch a movie at the Wellfleet Drive-In Theatre, play a round of golf at Chequessett Yacht Club, gather local edibles at the Wellfleet Farmer's Market. Savor steamed lobster dripping with butter at the original Mac's Seafood while you watch the sunset over picturesque Wellfleet Harbor. You'll find great shopping at the many art galleries and quaint boutiques throughout the town too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Cape View Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape View Hotel North Truro
- Cape View Motel North Truro, MA, North America