“Time capsule”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in North Truro
Plymouth
“Time capsule”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The location is only 5 mins from Provincetown, our destination. The view from our room was beautiful, overlooking the beachy vegetation and the ocean beyond that. They really need to refurbish their rooms I felt like I was staying in a 70s time capsule. Nice touch though being pet friendly ( my dog enjoyed herself) and having complimentary continental breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kathleen M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed May 27, 2014

When we first pulled into the driveway I must say I was disappointed. On a cliff overlooking the beach is not really accurate. Yes, you are on the top of a hill, and about a mile away is a beach. This property is rundown and dated. But, I would stay again! You will need a car as this place is a bit of a drive to anything, but you are close to some trails and such. Even through the rooms are old, they are spotlessly clean and include a fridge, microwave and enough counter space to make sandwiches, etc. Our room also had a table to eat at and a balcony. There is an enclosed play yard for the dogs and lots of things to do with the kids. The breakfast was far superior to most "light breakfasts" with good coffee, and an assortment of cereals, fruits, and breads. All the staff we met were friendly and helpful and overall this was a very pleasant experience. About $40.00 cheaper than other places we priced, and a nice break from the busyness of most of the cape. Wifi never did work.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy D
Bedford Hills, New York
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Twice a year my husband & I visit Ptown for a week, and EVERY TIME we stay at Outer Reach. The rooms are comfortable, well maintained, and pet friendly. They have a dog park right on the premises, and now a newly constructed pool (which was still awaiting town approval when we visited at the beginning of the season).

Continental buffet breakfast served in the main building with coffee, juice, bagels, muffins, cereal. Pets are welcome at breakfast as long as they are under control.

Trails on the property connect to other trails which eventually lead to the ocean beach. I've walked it with my dog, and to say we were pooped when we returned to the room would be an understatement...we BOTH slept like logs that night!!! Be aware there are ticks, so check yourself & your dog frequently.

The staff are more like family, and remember returning customers by name (at least in our case).

DEFINETELY recommend Outer Reach!!!!!

Room Tip: We prefer the waterview with deck rooms - looking out over Provincetown Bay!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel S
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I love the views, the service and food was great, so people friendly. The rooms were clean, had a small ref ridge, and microwave, plenty of ice. Beaches were close. The price was good. If you have a pet that is great, I don't. They have a nice fenced in play area for dogs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Konstanz, Germany
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Outer Reach Resort is located in an unique spot with convenient access to everything that's best about the Outer Cape. Truro's spectacular beaches and Provincetown's dining and culture are easily reached, and the views are as good as they get. It's an aging property, but the price reflects that, and they are kept well. Internet service was spotty, and the breakfast was worth skipping, but that's not why I went there. I enjoyed the sunsets on the bluff overlooking Pilgrim Lake and took a walk in the dunes- everything I love most about Cape Cod.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank GlobalSkiSurf
Waterville, New York
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was our first time at Outer Reach Resort, and we will be back next year, hopefully with family and dogs in tow! I have never stayed in such a clean room and well maintained, everything worked and looked great. We were in the 30's and had the most amazing view of the lower cape and sunsets! Breakfast was good, staff is friendly, dogs at front desk are adorable. Can't wait to see the extended deck and new pool next year. Thank you to Bonnie and Francesca!

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view, the sunsets are incredible
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I chose this hotel because it is pet friendly. I didn't know what to expect as I have stayed at other pet friendly places that were less than desirable. I was pleasantly surprised. At the front desk we were greeted by two very happy dogs and a very friendly clerk. Even though we didn't book it, she gave us a room with a deck so we could enjoy the nice weather. The room was a little outdated but spotless. The grounds are just lovely to walk around with your dog. There are several paths that lead to wonderful views. Our dog loved the dog park. There were places inside the park to sit, enjoy a drink and watch your dog have fun. The only drawback was the time of year we went. Most of the restaurants in the area close in October, although in Provincetown most were open and several allow your dog. One restaurant we found on route 6 called Savory Pizza was open and the food there was delicious. We would stay here again. It's a great place to stay with your pet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
#14 of 15 in Provincetown
Top Mast Resort
Top Mast Resort
#1 of 11 in North Truro

Been to Outer Reach Resort? Share your experiences!