“Good place to take a Pet”
Review of Outer Reach Resort

Outer Reach Resort
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in North Truro
Reviewed September 26, 2007

We've stayed here 3 times in the last year+. Same room each time. Room is aging, but acceptable. Beds comfortable and clean. Bathroom, etc are all fine. Refrigerator and microwave work just fine. TV is quite limited.
Views are impressive...up on the bluff overlooking Cape Cod bay. Good walking/running/hiking trails in the National Seashore. Minutes to PTown. Nicely quiet...above the Route 6 traffic sounds.
Pet cat is perfectly happy watching TV or snoozing in the afternoon sun.
Front desk staff is helpful...no problems at all.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank grommit

Reviewed September 7, 2007

I called the Outer Reach in the morning on the day I was leaving CT for a 4-night visit . Even though I had booked a room on July 31st, they had no record of it, but they happened to have lots of rooms available. First thing I realized was that it had no beach access - it was located on the other side of Rte. 6 high on a bluff. At check-in it was difficult to talk to the front desk clerk because a dog was barking loudly. The room had a beautiful view but the windows were dirty. There was rust & mold in the bathroom. I just kept wondering why they didn't purchase a can of paint and some cheap pictures for the walls. Everything was literally unchanged from the 70's. The pool looked great but it was too cold to swim.

I asked if I could move to The Provincetown Inn (same owner) and I had to wait 24 hrs. but I was able to spend the last night there. At least it had a better location!

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank ohmimi719
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I booked this hotel last minute through Expedia. My husband took my five children to the Adirondacks (as usual) and I wanted to see the Cape after 30 years...with my sister. After booking I read the awful reviews posted and was very scared...I have to say; although very dated, this "Lady of the Sea" was a pleasant surprise. Our room was perfect...CLEAN...WINDOWS THAT OPEN...WONDERFUL VIEW...NO PET SMELLS...CLEAN AND INVITING POOL...

I would not come here for a romantic weekend with my husband (who is a Marriott Resort person); but for the smell of the ocean, the view of the Pilgrim Monument, and the memories of my childhood it was a gift (especially after the awful photos posted and the reviews).

Ask for an ocean view and OPEN THE WINDOWS!!! Nice breeze from back to front!!!! I only wish I could sleep there every night!

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank ConnecticutPrincess
Reviewed August 6, 2007

I just came back from my trip to Cape Cod and I stayed at the Outer Reach Resort, I have to say it was Lovely. The resort it self is and old building but the staff was very friendly and the frount desk was AWSOME!! We had a little mess up with our checkout date and they said that we can do it but we would have to switch rooms at first I didn't mind at all but a couple days had passed and I really didnt want to switch rooms so I asked the frount desk if we can stay in our room and they didn't make us move and we were very greatful for it. As for the room it self, Like I said it's an old building so it does need a little work, fresh paint wouldn't hurt. The room size was great for 3 people, the bathroom was a little tricky you know the saying "righty tighty, lefty loosey" well it didn't work that way for the bathroom. The one thing that Highly Recommend is getting the Ocean View it was Amazing I woke up every morning and saw P-town and the bay, it was breath taking. The pool was great it was big and VERY CLEAN!!! I saw they guys clean it every morning. It was a great trip I think the resort is a great place to go if you have pets or kids and are going to the beach alot but if your looking for a "romantic getaway" this isnt the place to go.

Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank CT51383
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I have the great oppotunity to travel a lot all arround the world. We see poverty and misery in a lot of place but must be prepare, you will find a piece of africa in your own country!

We are ordinary people that do with we have but there is some limit. That hotel must be close by the sanitary department!

In first of all, the lady who seems to be the owner is totaly dull and she doesn't give service to her client. She seems to be deceived when the client are comming up. She never put a light trace of smile in her face and she demonstrate a real unpleasant attitude. We can do with that!

The problem and beleive me it is a real problem, you will experience it as soon as you will get in the room... the cleanliness. It is simply awfull. When you open the door you are honour by a great urine and mustiness smell that can never leave even you empty a can of spray. Fortunately, we had bring a can of Raid!

My wife and us be very horrified when we constat that the linen room was not change before our arrival! We find some blood and unidentified stains right on the top of the sheet and everywhere on the bath towels. Even it is not enough, we slept in the hair chest of other one! We had think that we are simply unlucky but what a surprise when we see the same horrible dirtiness in our friends room!

You can do what you want to do. You can think i am a usually unsatisfied client, you can trust the client who said that is not to bad but...be prepare to do your own constatations if you chose that hotel. If It is the only one who's available, change your plan and go anywhere else!

You have to know that without the pet urine smell all arround the pool, that one is not to bad and give us a very nice sight of the inner bay. The spot is incredibly well located but expect a realy bad experience. The pictures will talk and that is the same on both room that we rent.

Good luck pal.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank myownopinion
Reviewed July 20, 2007

DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL.

These are some shady characters. We live locally on the Cape, but my husband wanted to surprise me with two nights in a hotel. He booked the reservation on a Monday for Friday and Saturday night. Not two hours later my husband told me of the plans, but we had staffing problems and couldn't make it. I called up Bonnie, explained to her that we are locals, and that my husband had just made the reservation and we needed to cancel it.

She charged us for the room anyway, and when I complained she said she would not refund us unless the hotel sold out. She told me to call back on Friday. I called back on Friday and she said then to call back on Saturday because they wouldn't know until after midnight. Then she called and said we never cancelled in writing, and that we had to do that. So we sent a fax to her regarding the Monday cancellation.

On Saturday she said the hotel had failed to sell out two of its rooms and therefore they would not refund the charge. I told her I checked the website and the website showed they had no rooms available. She responded, very shadily, by saying, well, we don't list all rooms on the website.

Then she insisted my husband was informed of their cancellation policy. He was emphatically NOT informed by anyone.

We are locals and we referred people to this hotel frequently (we have a very busy local business). We will never send anyone here ever again. Be warned. Do not trust these people.

Stayed: July 2007
5  Thank capelappie
Reviewed May 28, 2007

My older teenage daughter and myself were expecting a quaint cape cod hotel but what we got was a cardboard box not just well worn. First off we checked in late which I had advised the hotel of a head of time and the desk clerk was friendly enough but she swipped my credit card so many times that she drained my account!!!! I was over charged THREE TIMES what I owed!!!!! The resort claimed that their CC machine was not working properly but I later ran into several other guests that had the same problem. One women found her credit card had been over charged SIX TIMES what she owed. I believe that the staff was just not properly trained. The problem was eventually resolved but no responsability was accepted by the hotel staff nor was there much effort to make up for this HUGE, STRESSFUL and VERY INCONVIENENT problem. They would not even offer to comp us breakfast when asked! Then we found that the pool was not even filled with water and the beach that the web site says is : "With plenty of fresh air and space for you and your pet, trails through the Cape Cod National Seashore leading direct to the Atlantic Ocean. " If you plan on walking to the beach on the trail that leads directly to the Atlantic ocean you had better pack a lunch. The manager told us it was only a 10 minute walk through the dunes of the cape. HAH! It was well over a mile long in thikely sanded trails over huge hills. We walked for about 20 minutes and were not even 1/2 way there. Take hiking boots! Trust me :-) you'll be glad you did. No wonder other people on the trail looked at us so funny in our flip flops and bathing suits! We were also told by the manager that it was the only beach in the area that had free parking - NOT TRUE!!!! We went right over in our car about 5 minutes away on 6A and found the North Truro beach with guess what? FREE PARKING! Additionally -the visitors center right down on route 6 mapped out about 5 other BEAUTIFUL beaches with free parking and none had the MILE HIKE UP HILL BOTH WAYS that the hotel manager suggested we go to.
The rooms were clean and I must compliment the housekeeping staff. They did a really nice job every day of our 3 night stay. The walls however are like paper! You could literally hear almost word for word everything that the folks on both sides of us were saying. Also I LOVE PETS but to listen to a little cocker spaniel yipping well past midnight was not peacefull at all. Not only did the dog bark almost all night but the other guests on one side of us had their own tail gate party in the parking lot going until 1am when I finally walked out and asked them to please keep it down. The next night it was the same sex 4some on the other side of us that romped around until 2am cavorting until one of them actually fell off the bed evidently in a great deal of pain!!

Overall we did have a nice visit to the Cape BUT this may be a pet friendly hotel but I would not say it is a family friendly resort by any stretch of the imagination. For a little more money you are better off going elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2007
#3 of 15 in Provincetown
Top Mast Resort
Top Mast Resort
#1 of 11 in North Truro

Been to Outer Reach Resort? Share your experiences!