Shoreline Motel
$119
  • Pool
Outer Reach Resort(North Truro)(Great Value!)
$94
  • Breakfast included
$199
Blue Sea Motor Inn(North Truro)
$96
$89
East Harbour Motel and Cottages(North Truro)(Great Value!)
$99
Cape View Motel(North Truro)(Great Value!)
$91
Top Mast Resort(North Truro)(Great Value!)
$79
$129
Crow's Nest Resort(North Truro)
Kalmar Village(North Truro)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I have stayed at the Shoreline in the past, I would say about 2 or 3 years ago. Back then, I considered the condition of the room satisfactory. However, after my stay this summer, I was very disappointed. Now, I realize that this motel is a beachfront property and $250 a night is a fairly good price for the location. Still, this place really needs to get it's act together or it is going to start losing customers. It wasn't a total wreck, don't get me wrong. The beds were comfortable and the kitchen appliance were adequate. On the downside: The curtains, bedspreads, and carpet were too old and outdated. They were actually faded and holey. The walls were riddled with bugs that were smashed on them and other splats of "god-knows-what". The television was a 19 inch 1980's beast and the remote was wrapped in tape to keep the batteries from falling out. You could see the grime in the corners of the bathroom and otherwise. Dishes? BRING YOUR OWN!! So, it was kinda icky. I am not 100% sure of this, but I think I may have gotten a rash from the bedding. AND- the walls must be thin in this place because I heard every bump and step around us. It sounded like a war zone at times. The only saving grace was that, for the most part, we spent more time on the beach and out doing things than we actually spent in the room. Also, it is located on the bus line, so taking the shuttle into P-Town or Wellfleet is relatively easy. To the management: I know it is tempting to use the $12,000+ a week that you get in rental payments to do something more fun than renovate your property, but I believe the time has come... Oh, and get some Wi-Fi already, AT LEAST!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank free_spirit1979
Reviewed August 20, 2008

We grabbed 2 nights here after staying up the road at a similar motel on the ocean side. We rented efficiency units in both places. I would not even make coffee in the Shoreline's unit, never mind eat breakfast or cook anything. The floor was filthy. The dishes were disgusting. There was no small table on the deck or picnic tables on the property.
The deal breaker however were the beds and carpet. Fur and hair all over the rugs. The sheets had someone's hairs on them. And in one bed a bug of nondescript indentity. I could not wait to leave. Sadly, the place is priced right up there with the wonderful place right up the road which had grilling areas in front of all the units with pic nic tables, a better beach, and a kitchen nicer than my own at home ! If Shoreline was 1/2 the price, I would not stay there. I've had cleaner conditions camping.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank damisty59
Reviewed August 14, 2008

We just had a great 3 day vacation in Truro. I would not have guessed that staying on the beach would add so much to the experience. My 3 kids (ages 5, 4, and 1) loved having "the ocean in our backyard". They woke up and took a walk on the beach, watched the sun set over the ocean, flew kites, and played in the sand in the moonlight. It was wonderful. Many memories were made.

Truro has great beaches, a great fresh water pond for swimming, and we like the short drive to P-town.

Once inside the hotel the experience was not quite as great. It is well cleaned, but not really clean. The decor is really lacking. You could not spend less to furnish a room if you tried. I literally could improve the decor by picking up discarded items along the roadside. It was like a college dorm, but much older. The bathroom had stains on the wall. The linoleum was stained and browning. The mirror was worn, the hardware was deteriorating. The sheets were see-through they were so thin. The windows were tough to open and needed painting.

Our “two room” suite was actually one room with a wall that only partially divided the room. Not quite what we wanted for our family of 5, but it worked.

So if you’re looking for a great location right on the beach, but are not too discerning on the accommodations, this place will work. I’m left wondering if another place along the same strip of beach would be an upgrade without a huge price difference. I’ll look for that next year for sure.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank PrinceMyshkin
Reviewed October 15, 2007

Loved staying here!!!!
The Shoreline Motel has been a favorite of my husband & I for quite a few years. We usually come up for our anniversary in mid September. This year was very relaxing thanks to Jane & Ralph Andrews, the proprietors of this fine establishment.
We were in an efficiency unit on the second floor, which was great for the views up & down the beach as well as the water, passing boats, and kayakers, and the impeccable Provincetown horizon, day & night. Sunsets are spectacular too! I'm glad we brought binoculars this time to check out the whale watch ships & The Bay Lady II schooner out on the bay.
Our room was really comfortable, very clean,& neat. Plenty of dishes, utensils, pots & pans, and glassware. Someone even left us some coffee filters to use! If you do need anything, all you have to do is ask!
Since there is a market in P-Town that is quite large, you can get anything you may need foodwise while you are there too.
We were very happy with the value of our room, & the excellent service that we received! I highly reccomend The Shoreline Motel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Stayed here a few times. GREAT THINGS: motel is right on the beach...hear the ocean day and evening, skip P'town beaches $15 daily fee; see the stars at night. Clean rooms - friendly staff. Easy parking....also on route to P'town; pick up town bus right outside your door and not pay P'town outrageous parking fees. Have cookouts on the beach. Great views of the large dunes across the road and of P'town across the bay. NOT SO GREAT THINGS: A little pricy. Cooking utensils are not always clean; cutlery is quite old, ugly and should be replaced. Ugly seaweed gets washed ashore constantly ...makes the beach unattractive and smelly (other places on this strip have the same problem). In the past, a worker would come out in the mornings to rake it aside to give clear path to the water, but no longer. Plastic chairs on the deck have multiple layers of paint on them - spring for some new ones, owners!!! The units don't offer comfortable seating inside rooms; sit on your bed or your table chairs - a nice small sofa or some comfortable chairs would make it worth the daily rate. Bathrooms have signs in them about the size of the water heaters; don't take long showers or wait 30 minutes between showers to get hot water again....I have never seen this anywhere else. The thing that makes this place attractive and get an above average rating is location, location, location!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple