“Good Location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Truro
Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Cape Cod
Seymour, Connecticut
“Good Location”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was our first time camping at Adventure Bound but not the first time camping on the Cape. Adventure Bound was nicely located near places we wanted to see and beaches we anted to visit.

I'm not sure why people complain about paying for the showers. I thought that $0.50 was very reasonable for the time allowed. Actually, we paid $2 for less time when camping on Mt Desert Island in Maine. There was plenty of hot water here. But, there seemed to be a need for more shower stalls. In one men's room there were only two. Another men's bathroom had 4 but 2 were out of order. I didn't look at any more so I'm not sure how many other stalls there are. We were pleased to noticed that the bathrooms were cleaned on a regular basis (why are people such slobs?)

The office staff was friendly and efficient. We got checked in quickly and our site was ready with the firepit in place. One thing about the firepits: while I don't mind paying for the shower, it seems to me that firepits could be on all the primitive sites instead of having to rent one for $5/night. The $40/night for a just primitive tent site was a bit high without the additional charge for a fire pit. If charging to rent a fire pit, why not charge to rent the picnic table? And they want you to buy wood that they sell. You'd think they'd sell more wood if the firepits were on each site.

We didn't buy anything at the camp store - except wood which was just over $6/bundle

Access to Coastguard Beach is a pleasant walk through the woods. It can be biked but a baby stroller might be difficult because of the sand. I measured the walk with my GPS as 1.18 miles from our campsite.

Campsites were a bit closer together than some places we've stayed. The RVs are really packed in tight. Because of this, we thought that the camp would be noisier than it was - especially with all the kids biking and riding the rented pedal carts. But, where we were in the primitive tent sites, things quieted down as it began to get dark. Maybe it was louder near the office and the WIFI.

Overall, it was good. We'd stay here again unless we were to find a less expensive similar location. I think next time we'll ask for primitive sites further in the back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CT-wni

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New England, USA
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at the Horton location for 2 nights in mid July. There was some trash scattered on our site when we arrived so the staff could be more attentive to clean up after someone checks out. We did not receive the fire pit that was reserved ahead of time but did receive a refund when we left. The rest rooms were clean - did not use the showers but they looked clean. Our site was small but trees and bushes offered some privacy. We enjoyed the location - peaceful and quiet. Water and electric hookups were at the site and worked fine. Dump station was clean and convenient. We would suggest some landscaping and maintenance, especially around the rest rooms/showers. Brush is overgrown and it would not take much to plant a few flowers or shrubs to spruce it up a bit. The showers are free, and you can get a $1 token for the bus to Provincetown. Prices in the store/rec area were very reasonable. Overall it was a pleasant experience and we would return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ShareTravelInfo
Averill Park, New York
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family has been going to Horton's since 1965. I was saddened to hear about it closing. Bob ran a tight ship, but the result was a clean, quiet campground. The beauty of the upper level is beyond wonderful!! So many campgrounds put campers one on top of another. I don't go camping to hear my neighbors conversations or their TV's!! I would love to start going back to Horton's, but truthfully we need the bathrooms updated and kept clean. Until we see better reviews about the cleanliness, we'll be renting a cabin.

2 Thank KarenAdelska
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed June 29, 2012

we (group of 4 )stayed there for 2 nights in 3rd week of June. Place is highly recommended. Honest Pricing. we were looking for water and ice about 9 p.m., the store was closed,and. one of the management staff opened the shop for us and met our requirement.
RVs were really nice and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I decided to go camping overnight sort of on a whim: one moment I was in front of my computer and the next i was packing my tent and sleeping bag.
I stayed at Horton's, not in the main camp, and it was a wonderful decision: it was quiet, a bit far from the main road, and I saw only a handful of campers, as opposed to the main camp, which had lots of them. I got a "primitive" site, which means I had no water or electricity, and that was exactly what I needed. Besides this, I had a firepit and got to enjoy the amazing stars at night.
As a side note, if you like traveling with your dog, this place allows you to. Also, if you like building fires, this place will let you, as opposed to any place in Provincetown.
The staff was great, friendly, corteous, polite and quick, and so was the maintenance crew.
Really good choice for a campin trip.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank flyingmunkee
Nutley, NJ
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We were at Adventure Bound last week and overall had a really, really great time. There's no on-site activities, but really we didn't need them. The walk to the beach from the campground is easy-breezy and beautiful. We have one of those beach carts so that we can pack up umbrellas, beach toys, coolers, other beach needs. Easy to get there. There's no food place at the beach that it brings you to. So, we did pack our lunches every day.

I did think the campground was pretty expensive. Noise was a problem on a couple of occasions. First - some of the seasonal people have all the comforts of home with them ~ including electronic toy guns. I totally understand the need for the kids who are spending the summer to want to have everything with them. I understand the needs of the parents who will now know where there kids are because they can hear them. However, I go camping to get away from that and found it extremely annoying. The other noise issue was people coming in late from PTown, probably drinking too much and just being really loud.

The other thing is that the camp store isn't very stocked. So, when I needed syrup (which is I think is pretty basic) we had to go to Stop & Shop to get it. Also, on their website they have this list of 100 things to do while in Cape Cod, and when I asked them about one of them, they had no idea.

So, I think if we were to go back we'd probably see if we could request a site that was further back away from the entrance. We were probably not quite half way down, we were close to the laundry facilities.

The sites were all wooded. We went in August, no need to use A/C. Evenings were beautiful. If you want a fire pit, you have to request that in advance - we requested it when we made the reservation.

Stop & Shop is close for food shopping. We loved the free bus that takes you into Provincetown. It's such a pain to find parking there, so it was great to use the bus instead. Close to the vineyard which was nice to visit. Close to the drive-in movie theatre, close to PTown. So, location was perfect.

In the end, this was a great place to stay. Great way to end the summer in the Beautiful Cape.

3 Thank zinful71
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I've stayed twice - but I really didn't like a lot of the features here.

Well the one big issue is that you have to pay for the showers. I'm not sure why campgrounds think this is ok - it's not. I don't want to get to the showers and run out of quarters or forget to bring them. The campground could just build this cost into the very pricey cost of this campground - they cost more than any campground that I've stayed at and I still had to pay for showers. Other campgrounds I've stayed at didn't require money to take a shower.

The mens showers at the office area really are horribly maintained. There is mold and they are just gross. The showers in the middle of the park and the end of the main road are ok.

If you stay up at the top of the park on the loop the tent campsites aren't very good. You can hear a lot of road-noise in some cases and in other cases you are putting your tent about 10 feet from the road - lots of headlights at your tent. Also if you are around when they pump out the septic system - OMG you almost puke. The septic system is emptied at the top of the loop at the front of the park. We were unlucky to have a tent sight about 100 feet from this and a truck came to empty it in the morning. They should warn you or do this on off hours. It stinks.

The good stuff is that you have a 1 mile walk to the beach. Actually I'm not sure if that's good - but it is a nice walk through the woods and if you are strong enough to lug your beach stuff - then it's ok. The beach (coast guard) is very nice. Also the campground is on the PTown bus route - so it's less than 30 mins to get to PTown. The location is easy to get to from route 6.

The staff is nice - although I don't think they have a clue as to the bad features of the park and will probably do nothing about them.

Room Tip: Maybe book the really expensive tent sites in the rear of the park.