“Love Horton's, Needs TLC.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Cape Cod

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Truro
Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Cape Cod
Averill Park, New York
“Love Horton's, Needs TLC.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family has been going to Horton's since 1965. I was saddened to hear about it closing. Bob ran a tight ship, but the result was a clean, quiet campground. The beauty of the upper level is beyond wonderful!! So many campgrounds put campers one on top of another. I don't go camping to hear my neighbors conversations or their TV's!! I would love to start going back to Horton's, but truthfully we need the bathrooms updated and kept clean. Until we see better reviews about the cleanliness, we'll be renting a cabin.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KarenAdelska

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

we (group of 4 )stayed there for 2 nights in 3rd week of June. Place is highly recommended. Honest Pricing. we were looking for water and ice about 9 p.m., the store was closed,and. one of the management staff opened the shop for us and met our requirement.
RVs were really nice and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
      Rooms
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I decided to go camping overnight sort of on a whim: one moment I was in front of my computer and the next i was packing my tent and sleeping bag.
I stayed at Horton's, not in the main camp, and it was a wonderful decision: it was quiet, a bit far from the main road, and I saw only a handful of campers, as opposed to the main camp, which had lots of them. I got a "primitive" site, which means I had no water or electricity, and that was exactly what I needed. Besides this, I had a firepit and got to enjoy the amazing stars at night.
As a side note, if you like traveling with your dog, this place allows you to. Also, if you like building fires, this place will let you, as opposed to any place in Provincetown.
The staff was great, friendly, corteous, polite and quick, and so was the maintenance crew.
Really good choice for a campin trip.

• Stayed May 2012
      Rooms
2 Thank flyingmunkee
Nutley, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

We were at Adventure Bound last week and overall had a really, really great time. There's no on-site activities, but really we didn't need them. The walk to the beach from the campground is easy-breezy and beautiful. We have one of those beach carts so that we can pack up umbrellas, beach toys, coolers, other beach needs. Easy to get there. There's no food place at the beach that it brings you to. So, we did pack our lunches every day.

I did think the campground was pretty expensive. Noise was a problem on a couple of occasions. First - some of the seasonal people have all the comforts of home with them ~ including electronic toy guns. I totally understand the need for the kids who are spending the summer to want to have everything with them. I understand the needs of the parents who will now know where there kids are because they can hear them. However, I go camping to get away from that and found it extremely annoying. The other noise issue was people coming in late from PTown, probably drinking too much and just being really loud.

The other thing is that the camp store isn't very stocked. So, when I needed syrup (which is I think is pretty basic) we had to go to Stop & Shop to get it. Also, on their website they have this list of 100 things to do while in Cape Cod, and when I asked them about one of them, they had no idea.

So, I think if we were to go back we'd probably see if we could request a site that was further back away from the entrance. We were probably not quite half way down, we were close to the laundry facilities.

The sites were all wooded. We went in August, no need to use A/C. Evenings were beautiful. If you want a fire pit, you have to request that in advance - we requested it when we made the reservation.

Stop & Shop is close for food shopping. We loved the free bus that takes you into Provincetown. It's such a pain to find parking there, so it was great to use the bus instead. Close to the vineyard which was nice to visit. Close to the drive-in movie theatre, close to PTown. So, location was perfect.

In the end, this was a great place to stay. Great way to end the summer in the Beautiful Cape.

3 Thank zinful71
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

I've stayed twice - but I really didn't like a lot of the features here.

Well the one big issue is that you have to pay for the showers. I'm not sure why campgrounds think this is ok - it's not. I don't want to get to the showers and run out of quarters or forget to bring them. The campground could just build this cost into the very pricey cost of this campground - they cost more than any campground that I've stayed at and I still had to pay for showers. Other campgrounds I've stayed at didn't require money to take a shower.

The mens showers at the office area really are horribly maintained. There is mold and they are just gross. The showers in the middle of the park and the end of the main road are ok.

If you stay up at the top of the park on the loop the tent campsites aren't very good. You can hear a lot of road-noise in some cases and in other cases you are putting your tent about 10 feet from the road - lots of headlights at your tent. Also if you are around when they pump out the septic system - OMG you almost puke. The septic system is emptied at the top of the loop at the front of the park. We were unlucky to have a tent sight about 100 feet from this and a truck came to empty it in the morning. They should warn you or do this on off hours. It stinks.

The good stuff is that you have a 1 mile walk to the beach. Actually I'm not sure if that's good - but it is a nice walk through the woods and if you are strong enough to lug your beach stuff - then it's ok. The beach (coast guard) is very nice. Also the campground is on the PTown bus route - so it's less than 30 mins to get to PTown. The location is easy to get to from route 6.

The staff is nice - although I don't think they have a clue as to the bad features of the park and will probably do nothing about them.

Room Tip: Maybe book the really expensive tent sites in the rear of the park.
ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

This is our third time staying at Adventure Bound Campground in N. Truro. We rented one of the trailers on the property for the weeked. It had everything that we needed for our family of four. The front bedroom constists of a queen size bed. In the common area there is a table and chairs, couch, cable tv, stereo, small kitchen with a sink, cooktop, oven, microwave, fridge and freezer. The oven is not full size we learned that the first time we stayed there so now we are sure to bring small size pans to cook. There is also a coffee pot and a toaster along with dishes, pots and pans. There is also a bathroom with a full tub. The back bedroom consists of two sets of bunkbeds. There are no guard rails on the upper bunks which wasn't a problem for us since our kids slept on the bottom bunks. The air conditioning in the trailer work great! It was a hot weekend so we were glad that we had it. Outside of the trailer there was a deck, picnic table and a gas grill. The campground also rents fire bowls. Be sure to sign up for one early as they do not have enough to go around. They cost $5 per night to rent. We walked to Coast Guard Beach. It was about a 20 minute walk from the campground. The beach was great. My kids loved the huge sand hill. The water was a little cold. We wish we had another day to venture to P-town. Next year we will stay a little longer. My husband purchased some delicious corn at a local farmstand. All in all it was a great weekend. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank violetlilac
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

This campground is pretty much as good as it gets.

A beautiful facility. Heavily wooded, with the very pretty scrub pine trees common to the area being by far the most common tree.

Meticulously maintained. I don't think I've ever seen a cleaner campground. The commons areas were spotless. A fair number of permanent or seasonal campers, but even their sites were tidy and presentable (this isn't always the case in large campgrounds).

It's located in North Truro. A five to ten minute walk down beautiful dune paths to two terrific local beaches.

Or you can take the trolley into PTown in about twenty minutes. The trolley runs every 30 minutes all day and it's last stop is literally at the front door of the campground. It's a dollar if you buy a token in the camp office. Last trolley leaves PTown at 12:30 at night. It's a very convenient way to get around.

My partner and I have stayed here for a week plus every July for the past three years.

Lots of families. Lots of sport fishermen, kayakers, etc.

Since it is close to Provincetown it's gay friendly. But I wouldn't call it a gay destination.

No pool. No organized activities. But with great beaches ten minutes away you really don't need much else.

What really struck me was how well run it is. It's a pretty large facility, but I never saw the front desk overwhelmed. The staff were always professional and really seemed to enjoy what they were doing. Which can't be easy, as I'm sure they have answer the same stupid tourist questions over and over again.

The only complaint I can think of is I do wish the camp store was better stocked in terms of food items. But then that's a complaint I have at all campgrounds.

What really struck me was how quiet the campground was. Even though there were plenty of families and young couples I almost never heard screaming, loud music, etc.

We had a couple of specific requests, including an emergency UPS delivery, a need for an extra power cord extender, etc. James (camp manager, I believe) and staff were very accommodating. They even loaned me a bicycle helmet when I asked about local bike laws.

We stayed at the 'main' campground. Right down the road is Hortons, which is a campground that Adventure Bound recently bought. It's still being developed. It has more of a natural look, with less structured sites, etc. More of a natural vegetation look, rather than a meticulously maintained camp. I suspect it will become more developed and look more like the main campground over time.

Last, right down the road is Savory Pizza, maybe the best pizza I've ever had. So if you don't feel like cooking at your campsite there's a great food option about a mile away. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

You really can't go wrong with this campground.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 7 in North Truro
Outer Reach Resort
Outer Reach Resort
#4 of 11 in North Truro

Been to Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Cape Cod? Share your experiences!