Blue Sea Motor Inn
$169
East Harbour Motel and Cottages(North Truro)(Great Value!)
$69
Top Mast Resort(North Truro)(Great Value!)
$80
Cape View Motel(North Truro)(Great Value!)
$79
Horizons Beach Resort(North Truro)(Great Value!)
$159
Priceline
Crow's Nest Resort(North Truro)
Outer Reach Resort(North Truro)
  • Breakfast included
Kalmar Village(North Truro)
  • Pool
All reviewsp townmain propertywould stay here againclean place to staynational seashore beachesnice beachshort noticesmall roomwe loved our stayocean frontshort walk to the beachconvenient locationhotel roomplenty of hot watershort distancepilgrim monumentpicnic tables
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here over the Memorial Holiday weekend with one eye on cost and the other on visiting the dunes and nearby Provincetown. The first room was in the new buildings across the road (300's) and did have a view of the dunes but also had noisy guests and noisy plumbing so we asked to be moved to a room on the original site (100's). This was quite quaint in that it was one of the original single storey rooms that must have been here when the place was built.

To be fair, the front of office and maintenance staff worked exceedingly quickly to try and move us into our new cosy room (expect NYC sized room in the older part of the motel) but I did have to press them about getting a refund of the difference in price.

The older room was also much cooler than expected but again the staff did provide us with extra bedding to keep warm under.

The motel has it's own indoor pool and access to the sandy beach overlooking the bay.

A note on the local amenities - the distance to Provincetown is walkable along the highway (just) but it is a long walk and the roads can be quite dark at night. We walk quickly and it took us about an hour to get into town. There is a shuttle bus outside the motel that will get you there in about fifteen minutes. We would have hired bicycles in Provincetown, but they don't come with front or rear lights.

Maybe the motel might consider providing bicycles for guests?

Room Tip: I like the older rooms (100's), they have just enough room for the bed; the bathroom and your case and offer a glimpse of the past.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

For years I stayed at the Blue Sea Motor Inn...in an efficiency unit....until one year, i noticed that the ceilings in the 2nd building they purchased (across the street from old building), had black mold/mildew on the ceiling. My girlfriend and I made jokes about it the year we were there and discovered it, but it was also our last year staying there. Plus, the apt rooms always felt very damp.......they were clean, but damp none the less. Bottom line, with a little research you can find a place to say for cheaper that offers more.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lisa0208
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Courteous staff. Right on the beach. Beach was covered with seaweed in early August 2012 when we rented 8 rooms while attending a wedding locally. BathTowels were from the 50's also.
We all cooked at the BBQ one evening and it was in dis-repair. The indoor pool needs up-dating and the choline odor is powerful. No beach chairs are provided so we brought our own.
The wedding was great @ a local farm.
The location to Provincetown and other Truro events is great. The bus service to P-town is very slow.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank hopkins45
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just checked in and all I can say Is NOT impressed at all!!! This Motel is more like something you would expect in the Norman Bates Movie!!! NO Thrills at all decor is so outdated. Have Pink tiled Bathroom. Fridge is something that my Great Grandmother would have. Only good thing going for it at least has a Indoor Pool and the AC is somewhat new. Room had a musty smell, carpet is outdated and beds have a odor. I recommend that anyone that is looking for a nice place to stay, GO ELSEWHERE! NOT worth the money!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank freakyfrank73
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Looking at the pictures of this motor inn and reading some of the reviews we thought we were getting a great deal. I have to say that I was a little, maybe a little more the a little, disappointed. We didn't need one of the big rooms so we got a room with just a queen size bed, it was located just doors down from the office. No view of the water or the dunes, but we didn't expect that for the price. We did however expect to be able to shower. The bathroom was tiny, but the shower, was nearly impossible!! There was no way to soap up your hair, or body because there is no where in the shower to go where the water isn't hitting you. However, the bathroom is so small that if you forget something you can just open up the shower curtain and reach it, or open up the door to ask someone to hand it to you. We also expected to be able to open the windows. Yeah it is hot and humid most of the days, but the nights on the Cape are awesome and it would have been great to open the windows and feel the breeze. However, one window had the A/C unit in it, the bathroom window and one other room window only opened a crack and one other window didn't open at all. I believe it was painted shut. Then there's the door!! First we couldn't get in without hitting it with your shoulder as you turned the knob and pushed. So we thought "Oh well it just sticks a little", the next morning we thought we were going to have to call the office for help getting out!! We tried everything and it wouldn't even budge. Finally I pounded on the top of the door and then kicked the bottom and it opened. My girlfriend was getting ready to yell help out the crack we could open the window. On Saturday we were getting ready to go out to dinner, I was drying my hair and my girlfriend was watching tv, and the power went out. The hair dryer, tv and A/C was too much for the fuse I guess. But then Sunday we were going out and we just had the A/C on (since we couldn't open the windows) and the tv and blew a fuse again!! When we called the office they asked if we had any electronics on...of course we did!! I have heard how nice the other rooms were... Not so sure I believe it now. I picked up one of the brochures and noticed the rooms looked nothing like that, and I would love to know where the pool in the picture was because that is not the one I saw at the Blue Sea!! On the good side.. the rooms and the grounds are very clean, it is nice and quiet, a great location with P'town close on one side and other restaurants not too far away the other way for those times you don't want to walk around the town. Plus they do have the private beach which is a plus. I can't review the beach because we didn't make it down there.

Room Tip: Ask for the bigger rooms with the view of the beach, and slider doors!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple