“Like the place, Service Needs Refining to Become Great”
Review of Joe Fish

Joe Fish
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We like this restauarant. The last two times in we had 5 and 6 in our party. The wait time was exactly what they said and the hostesses were very pleasant. The last time was Saturday night around 6p. We really liked the clam box appetizer. We ordered two. Entrees were tasty with no complaints. My picky non-seafood daughter loved her steak. It was perfectly cooked. The lobster specials had generous amounts of lobster. Here is the rub... Things always start off great with the service and then fall apart. Great rolls delivered just before dinner, empty glasses of water, finished dishes just waiting to be cleared. They just don't seem to have the server/bus person flow figured out. Thank goodness they have others from the kitchen delivering your food when ready. Servers do a tremendous amount of walking, maybe too many tables. Seems like the only thing holding them back from a better customer experience.
We will be back, hopefully one of these times we'll be wowed.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We decided to try Joe Fish for dinner around 5pm. There was no wait and the restaurant was not crowded for a Friday. The atmosphere is nice, still sort of reminded me of the Picadilly Pub which formerly occupied the building.
I ordered the salmon with a baked potato and mixed root veggies. The salmon was good and not fishy. My husband had the seafood fried platter. The batter was light and nothing tasty greasy.
A decent meal, will probably go back

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I ordered Chicken Olivia over rice which was very very very salty. I was thirsty for hours after leaving the restaurant. I split a dessert with a friend. It was a chocolate type cake with ice cream for $8.00. It tasted ok, but it was very small and way over priced for the few bites we got. I hope my friends don't suggest going here again.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had a wonderful meal, but I have to admit, it was spoiled by the large party next to us. We asked to move, which they accommodated, but there was another loud party. I think the acoustic are bad in the place.. Too bad, because it is a cute place, though expensive for what you get.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We've gone to Joe Fish for years in their North Andover location. They've been in North Reading for a while now and we've dined there too. They have a good selection of fresh fish and some "landlubber" stuff for the non-fish crowd.

Service is good, as well as the food. Not great, not poor ... a solid "C". We go back from time to time. On the positive side, it's nice to have a restaurant like this in the North Reading area.

Been to Joe Fish? Share your experiences!