“Could be Better”

Dining options: Reservations
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Could be Better”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Love the ambiance, food ok but their ventilation system is either inadequate or broken. This problem is not new. Always excuses but never resolved by opening doors.

• Visited February 2014

“Another nice place in Plymouth”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Went here on a Sunday night for a girls night out; there were 7 of us. We made reservations, but it appeared we really didn't need them. The place was dead, aside from one other big family group that arrived after us. As empty as it was, it took several minutes for a waitress to come to our table. When our drinks finally arrived, after quite some time, we were pleased. The key lime martini's were DELICIOUS!! I commented that I'd like the recipe for the summer! Our waitress was very nice but we were surprised how long it took her to come back each time with how few people were in the restaurant. She did apologize several times for the wait. Several of the girls ordered salads with accompaniments of chicken or steak. They were a little on the small side for the price, but were good. 1 ordered a fish plate and was very pleased. I had a pesto pasta dish with chicken, the lunch size, which was plenty, and very tasty. Veggies tasted very fresh! I would like to come back with the hubby to hang out at the bar, which my friends said is a must. Also, I've read comments about the 'amazing' bread. Unfortunately we never received any?? That would've been nice.

• Visited January 2014
Plymouth, MA
“Roo Bar, Plymouth, MA”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We've been here several times and never had anything that wasn't wonderful. Nice atmosphere; separate bar and restaurant, nice place to even just stop in for a cocktail. The buildings are 'historic'; they're part of the old cordage industry - rope making. Interesting to check out while you're there. Oh - they also have a great pizza oven and there's a bar in the restaurant where you can watch them make pizza - pretty cool. I'd say it's mostly an adult restaurant, but I've seen many families there, too, and they've been well-taken care of.....

Visited February 2013
weymouth estate
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Went there with a group of friends with reservations made. we were seated promptly and our server Ashley came over within minutes. The restaurant was very crowded with all tables and bar seats filled.Our service was outstanding and she was knowledgeable with the menu. All food were very good, my short ribs were melting in my mouth, the land and sea combo of steak cooked to perfection and large scallops were cooke perfect along with very tasty flavor. The sole fish was outstanding and well presented. The only drawback was the swordfish was very thin, but was good. the warm apple cobbler were outstanding.
it all made for a great evening. we will be back

• Visited December 2013
Plymouth Massachusetts
“Inner City Atmosphere in America's Hometown”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The Roo Bar in North Plymouth, MA is located in one of the many renovated buildings that were once the Plymouth Cordage Company, maker of cordage (ropes) for many vessels for many, many years. With it's high ceilings and exposed ducts and piping the feel is far from Colonial as one would expect in New England's oldest settlement. It also has the perfect blend of hustle and bustle but without anything related to frantic.
So now that I've touched on one of the many things I like about Roo Bar I will also add that, due to its location on Court Street in the northern end of Town, near to the Kingston Town line, it's also much less crowded than the waterfront restaurants that often make getting a table when you walk in, a challenge. The food is great and depending on where you are seated you can watch the chefs in the kitchen as they prepare and plate the food. The Roo Bar gets great reviews on its pizza and its Plymouth Bay location means the seafood is fresh and tasty.
That section of Plymouth has lots of renovation plans (perhaps even a marina) that could soon mean that the bars, pubs and restaurants on the Waterfront and in the Downtown which are drawing folks from all over, could soon have a run for their money.

• Visited December 2013