“I really wanted it to be good!”

The Farmer's Daughter
Reserve with OpenTable
The Farmer's Daughter is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in North Easton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
North Easton, Massachusetts
“I really wanted it to be good!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The good: The restaurant works hard to maintain the "farmer" theme, A rustic feel and smartly appointed, the décor is a perfect fit, even down to the tiny milk cans used for the coffee creamer and the wooden clip boards used for your check. The menu offers several unique and interesting choices for breakfast and lunch.

The bad: The prices are way too expensive for what you get. I went there with my wife and daughter and spent almost $40 for a light breakfast. We would have spend under $25 at Stonebridge and we would have gotten better food and service. Both my wife's eggs and mine were overcooked and dry as a bone. The toast was delicious, but cold by the time it reached our table. Most of the servers are extremely nice but seem inexperienced and slow to serve meals and refill coffee. For some peculiar reason, the have Equal but no Sweet & Low. They also don't offer American cheese or Swiss cheese (which we like), opting for more exotic choices.

Bottom line: It's nice to have a restaurant like this in Easton but not at these prices, average food quality and mediocre service, we'll wait to go back until these issues get fixed.

2 Thank Willowtree115

Boston, MA
“Good food, more waiting than necessary.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were there on a late Tuesday morning for breakfast. The restaurant was very busy, but we were able to be seated right away. We waited a while for the waitress to come over, and were ready to order by the time she came over. We both asked for coffee, and then waited. We waited for close to 10 minutes to actually get out coffees. Then more waiting. We finished our first cup of coffee and our second before our breakfast arrived. I had the Avo egg which is a fried egg on 1/2 a broiled avocado. It was DELICIOUS! My husband had the oatmeal pancakes with blueberry compote which were also yummy. The coffee was also really quite good. Overall, really good food. I was glad that we didn't attempt to try this place with the kids, they would have been going crazy with all the waiting.

“Good Local Food”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here 3 times. The food is fresh and is very appealing & healthy. The owner is very positive and gets to know her patrons and wants feedback. She also wants to use as much local produce as possible so this small local business promoting other small local businesses. I love the decor! Waitresses are attentive, hard working & informative. The crispy chicken sandwich is delicious and NOT overly fried with a slaw with a "kick" on top... YUMMY! I suggest the chick pea side salad... Try it - I bet you might like it. A small full-service bar as well so if you want a mimosa or a cold beer, etc to go with your omelette or lunch sandwich you have that option. It isn't a big place so it can get busy. A nice, healthy option food place to eat instead of some of the mass, frozen, tasteless food places that are in the area.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank LBird33
North Easton, Massachusetts
“Great Food!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

So excited this restaurant finally opened in the center of town. The buzz has been excellent. And, for the most part, it lived up to the excitement. A breakfast and lunch place with linen napkins & mason jar water glasses is going to catch your attention. But the food was worth it also. I had the spinach power lunch (salad). Excellent, but a little pricey (12.95) for what you get. And, it need a roll or some little side extra. My friend got the Havana Sandwich - looked great. She raved about it. Some of the other dishes looked equally enticing as they went by. I'll certainly go back.

• Visited August 2013

Been to The Farmer's Daughter? Share your experiences!