“Great Staff, Hotel-Not So Much” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
GET A $50 GIFT CARD
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in North Dartmouth
King George, Virginia
“Great Staff, Hotel-Not So Much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Staff worked hard, and smart, to get us rooms for all nights needed - and got it done. Had 2 rooms for 4 nights. Had a couple of problems with water leaking from electrical outlets. Staff quickly moved us. We'll give them another chance in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank VicF70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We got a great deal on this hotel through Hotwire. The room was very nice, the included breakfast was good and the location was great. We had just toured Newport that day and was on our way to Hyannis, so it was a good stopping place. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fishman620
NL, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Check in was a breeze. Room was clean, Breakfast was good, Coffee was hot all day and Night.
We stayed 2 nights and had no problems getting extra towels. The maid even loaned us their vacumn so we could suck the air out of our space bags.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sun_fun47
Ocean Pines, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

There are not a lot of hotels available within 25 miles of the Fall River area, so the price is higher than normal. Also half of them are dumps. Anywhere else this would be a $65./nite place, not $100. Still at $100 this place is a value. for the area. It is clean and centrally located, Good wifi and a hot breakfast. The negatives are the floor moves, the house keeping is not very responsive, the pool and gym are a joke. Their web site says they have in room refrigerators but ours did not have one. The AC was tempermental but worked. The king size bed was short sheeted, but comfortable. The best in the area is probably the Hampton Inn at the Westport/Fall River line, but it is usually fully booked and more expensive. That leaves this place a distant second.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank bobsynth
Royersford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here after getting a great price on Priceline.
Everything was clean but our room did have a funny odor, kinda like a wet towel.
I sprayed some body spray that seemed to help and turned the air down real cold.
I was disappointed that the hot tub was out of service.
Their complimentary breakfast was perfect and my kids were happy they had bacon.
Overall it was an average hotel for a great price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer P
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed at this property with my wife for one night during Summerfest weekend in New Bedford. It's was adequate place with a comfy king size bed and fantastic air conditioning in our guest room - a welcome relief after spending the day outside in 90 degree plus weather. I got a surprise when I used the toilet, however. A few seconds after settling on the seat, the whole toilet shifted on its base and dropped about a half inch or so into the floor. Fortunately nothing leaked and the commode continued to function, but if you happen to get assigned to room 219 you might want to check with the front desk to make sure this has been fixed. Dropping in uninvited on the guest room below could be embarrassing.

You might also want to think about staying elsewhere if you are a light sleeper. It was noisy and we could clearly hear conversations going on in the adjoining rooms. The housekeeping staff doesn't understand the meaning of a "do not disturb" sign hung on the door handle either. So much for sleeping in on Sunday morning.

Didn't try the free breakfast because we got up too late. I wanted to go next door to eat at Persey's anyway.

We paid $108 (senior rate) for the room, not including taxes, and booked the room three months in advance. Friends who booked a similar room a few days before their stay paid $144 with an AAA discount. Plan ahead and save if you can.

Good air conditioning after a day in the heat and a bargain price for the area trumps a lot of shortcomings, however, and I'll probably look at this place again when we return next year. Just don't assign me to Room 219 unless the toilet stays put.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank thirdshf
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

stayed at Best Western, Dart,outh, Mass on June 22,2012, and was very pleased with the hotel. two weeks later get my MasterCard statement in the mail, to discover I have been charged an additional $250.00 for what the clerk told me today was " evidence of smoking" . Neither my husband nor myself are smokers, and we were the only 2 people in the room. We did not notice any odor from smoking upon check in, nor during our short overnite stay. I am extremely upset over having this charged to my credit card, not to mention the time that I have spent to clear this matter up.
I have travelled extensively, and have never left a hotel room in any condition other that what I have found it to be in at check-in. I adamantly dispute the allegation that there was any smoking in the room during my stay, and I am livid that they would take the liberty of charging this to my credit card

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Seaport Inn and Marina
#2 of 3 in Fairhaven
4.0 of 5 stars 243 reviews
Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven

Been to BEST WESTERN Dartmouth Inn? Share your experiences!