“Had an enjoyable meal at the Olive Garden recently!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Olive Garden
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Warren, Rhode Island
“Had an enjoyable meal at the Olive Garden recently!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have been reading that the Darden group (Company that owns Olive Garden) has been struggling lately, yet the food was good, and of decent quality. I have been here several times over the years, and have never seen it half full like it was, this was a Wednesday evening. This OG is usually packed with a wait for a table, so it was nice to sit right down. I am disappointed to hear about the racist situation the reviewer below discussed, that is very unacceptable...

We were put in that same back room, but there was a few others, and we were all white for the record.

We got the 2 for 25 special, and it was a really good deal, we were almost full before getting our entrees!

We got delicious bread sticks and salad, then bruschetta and calamari. The sauce with the calamari was really good, and the calamari tasted really fresh! The bruschetta was weird, a few pieces of bread and a bowl of chopped tomato/pepper. I rather it be served ready to eat.

For entrees, she got eggplant parm, and said it was perfect, nice and crispy without being soggy, she loved it!

I had the garlic chicken with alfredo pasta, and it was also really good. The chicken was nice and moist, and the pasta was plentiful and flavorful! We were really impressed with the great deal we got, and the large quantity of food. It was delicious and we will come back!

Only odd thing, the refused to take reservations, and said just come in.... I thought that was weird...

• Visited July 2013

New Bedford, Massachusetts
“food taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

the food feels so good that it feels like you are eating in italia i have ate in other olive garden but is long time ago but this olive garden feels a lot better then the one i went before i realy like to go back i will recomended

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank jacob b
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Could the olive garden staff be racist? You decide...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Yesterday my fiancé myself and our two friends that are also a couple went to eat at the olive garden. When we arrived the hostess asked us how many (4) and told us to wait. ( we are both interracial couples). We took a seat in the front lobby where we were greeted. About five minutes later a (white) family of three adults and two children walked in and the manager just about ran over to greet them, even playing with the baby as he glanced at us sitting patiently. He proceeds to seat them and the hostess stops him to tell him that we are waiting for a table for four. Very ignorantly he says, we're they here first?!? She says yes and even the man from the other family states Yes with a dumbfounded look on his face since the manager did just look at us and was standing three feet away from us. He never apologizes or even greets us, just walks away and lets the hostess bring us to our table after whispering something to her. She brings us through the resteraunt passing empty tables to a secluded room in the back with no one else sitting in the room. Two minutes later another interracial family is seated beside us....coincidental ? It gets better...our waitress comes to greet us and she is the only black waitress in the restaurant ! She was awesome and honestly...at least she had a personality. I thought the back of the bus days were over.... This place sucks, the food was way overpriced and the manager can kiss all of our black and whites butts! We will never go back or recommend anyone else to eat there.

Visited March 2013
11 Thank Stef L
Houston, Texas
“Quick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was very pleased with my previous visit to Olive Garden as compared to the one before that where the waitress asked if I wanted some cheese on my soup.... but for some reason it was in my soup, on my lap, on my table and everywhere else it could be including my date's lap which is allergic. BUT, this time the waitress was very nice, she had a great attitude and I can't wait to go back. I don't have a signature dish there but the bread sticks, minestrone soup and the salads are phenomenal. Well worth the price,

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank bundleoffun
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Yummy As Usual No Matter Where You Go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I gotta give the Olive Garden chain its props for consistently serving delicious Italian food no matter where you go. The quality is always high. I got the stuffed chicken marsala with mashed potatoes. OMG...delicious. Served with their trademark salad with perfect dressing as well as a bowl of steaming minestrone soup...I couldn't eat another bite. Too bad because they have some excellent choices if you have a sweet tooth. I was looking forward to a yummy piece of pumpkin cheese cake. I settled for a hot cup of terrific coffee instead. Maybe next time :) The waitstaff we had was super friendly and attentive. Seated quickly and food arrived at the table in a flash. They seem to have some great specials...the dinner today/dinner tomorrow deal sounds tremendous, but we couldn't take advantage of it because we were traveling. Very affordable place to have a great Italian meal.

• Visited October 2012