“You get what you pay for”

Regency Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in North Dartmouth
virginia
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hotel accommodations are that of a 2 star hotel. I stayed here because I was traveling with my small dog and this was e only option on the area. I didn't have high hopes because the price was so low. Overall, it served its purpose. Ok for and in and out trip. Wouldn't recommend staying for an extended period of time. Hotel is currently under construction

Room Tip: They do not offer breakfast like advertised on website
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ladyluck54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were traveling to the area for a viewing/funeral service for the Friday evening on arrival. Reservations made through expedia.com for 2 adults with two small dogs. Paid via phone per credit card. Checked in. When we brought our dogs in the desk person(owner? Not very good English) speaking very accusing and very threatening like. Saying we had no room for dogs and how can two womon sleep in ine queen bed. We are now within the hour window of missing the viewing. After a bit of trying to tell this guy we booked this room through expedia. He gives tjis longexplanation how we should have called directly. And we can stay if only we pay 60 dollars in cash for the dogs. WOULD NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARD. ONLY CASH. HMMM. never did get an explanation why.
I think we got taken on this dog payment. We paid thru expedia but said we did not. We don't carry cash, i only had 40 dollars I happen to round up between my friend and I.
Then everytime we would come back from the service the guy would advance us and says "do you have my 20 dollars"?
Well this was something i would pay on check out. I was approached several times each time we came and went for tjis 20 dollar cash. Then he did not want to give receipt. I got one after much insistance.
Then he said you left your pets here when you are here? This is a business. U take your dogs.
So not recommended.
Not clean. No room service. It was terrible!

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the night of our wedding before we left on our honeymoon. There was never anyone at the front desk for service even when you called because the guy was to busy sleeping.when we got into our room our tub had water al in the bottom in ot and was filthy. The toilet was ready to fall over. The was still trash and peoples old candy in the draws. Dont stay here

• Stayed May 2013

Travelers are raving about these North Dartmouth hotels

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This accommodation has 'apparently' been updated. I am not sure what it was like beforehand but I for one will not be staying ever again. Entering the building there was an overwhelming smell of curry and cigarettes. The people who run this establishment were kind, accommodating and seemed very nice but I have a feeling they lived on the premises close to the entrance. The rooms were not very clean at all and I was in sincere doubt that the blankets had ever seen a washing machine ever. Both the blankets and bed smelt very strongly of cigarettes and I showered twice the following morning to rid myself of the dirty bed stench. The furniture in the room was old and rickety and after sitting on the chair at a table was convinced that both were going to break at any second. I refused to eat there. Sorry but this place is in need to a DEEP clean.. YUK...!! And I would not recommend this place to anyone in its current state especially for the cost.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I just stayed at this place for 12 days and found it a very pleasant experience. I had stayed at this place previously too when it was under previous management and it was a pretty satisfactory expereience. Now it is operating under a new management and my experience this time was way better. While they have not started complimentary breakfast till yet, I would say that the stay here was a complete value for money due to all other factors. I would highly recommend and would in fact look ahead to staying here in future too.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Anirudh S
Montague, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had a reservation due to a business trip to the area. I am not a complainer but was disgusted upon entering the hotel room. It reeked of smoke and filth. I checked the linen only to find hair all over the sheets. I would not recommend anyone staying at this hotel. There were a bunch of us on this business that found another hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a tip to help choose a good room, then I would recommend finding another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dartmouth Motor Inn
#4 of 5 in North Dartmouth
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford
Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven

Been to Regency Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!