Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chelmsford/Lowell
Mastic Beach, New York
“Not Great”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Suite is very attractive-set up like a small apt., however the a/c does not work well at all. This is my second experience with the same problem. Housekeeping was done, however, items which should have been replaced, such as toilet paper, tissues, coffee condiments, etc. were not. We had the same roll of toilet paper for a 3 day stay. All in all, not a horrible experience, but not great either. I think I would only return for a one night stay in the winter, when a/c isn't needed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Petlover2
baolao10, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chelmsford/Lowell, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Thank You for choosing The Hawthorn Suites to be your home away from home. We take great pride in providing you and your guests with a legendary customer service. I am very sorry to hear that the A/C was not working to it's fullest potential during your visit. My team and I would like to let you know that we got on top of this issue and made sure that the hotel's A/C is running to it's maximum potential. We look forward to seeing you and your guests in the near future. We really appreciate your thoughts and comments on Tripadvisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed October 16, 2010

First I have to say the front desk employees were all very nice and quick to correct any
issues we had. Unfortunetly we did have a few issues, My main concern was the cleaning or lack of cleaning the maids provided. We stayed for 10 days and our room was not vaccumed until we requested it on day 7. The bathroom (except for toilet) was not cleaned either until we advised the front desk. Also, do not stay on the bottom floors, you can hear every move the people above you make including there tv, I had to wear my IPOD ear buds to drown out the sounds. Overall the room is dated and the mattresses need to be updated. The only saving grace was the front desk staff and the breakfast although the breakfast ends at 9am during the week. If you can get this hotel cheap it is worth it but if you can't get a decent rate then go to the Residence Inn instead.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed July 31, 2010

A large and complete room at a good rate. Staff friendly and location away from the road so quiet. Main noise source a fridge, quite noisy at times although it never actually woke me up. Free dinner on Wednesday quite good. Included breakfast good with several hot items and some variation day to day. Several places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Bloomfield, NJ
Reviewed July 18, 2010

This is the first on-line review I have ever written. I have stayed at many hotels in cities in the Northeast - some of them were decent and a few were quite great but none of them inspired me to write a review. However, my stay at the Hawthorn on the weekend of July 10, 2010 has compelled me to do what I otherwise would not like - go on the internet and write my opinion. I got married that weekend and the Hawthorn served as the hotel to accomodate my family, friends and myself.
It can be difficult to accomodate a picky bride, but the staff at the Hawthorn did just that. They were warm, hospitable and most pertinently - they were responsive! Any requests I had, they obliged them without attitude or delay. They went above and beyond to make me and my guests feel at home.
The rooms were clean, big and spacious. My now-husband and I stayed at one of the one-bedroom suites with a stocked kitchenette and we were comfortable. I surveyed many of our guests and they were quite satisfied with their rooms and service as well.
This is a great hotel to stay for a long weekend, but if you want a place to house your guests for a big event, I whole-heartedly suggest the Hawthorn. They made this bride very happy during her wedding weekend.

• Stayed July 2010
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 19, 2010

wonderrful Wed nite great indian and italian cuisines.
Mina the GM and Emy the Director of sales were so friendly and helpful. they stopped an d spoke with us for a while and told us about things to do and to help ourselves to the food.o The buffet was so carefully prepared, best flat bread I have had outside of
the Middle East.
Frankly all the staff were friendly and smiled and gave greetings and always asked if we needed help . th also hadnled one arrogant , rude coustomer with courtesy and quiet voice. the guy sttled down was distaught aobut something outside of work , a jerk he was.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Milford, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My wife and two children stayed at the Hawthorn Suites in Chelmsford, MA. the weekend of May 15/16. The rooms were immaculate and the service was extremely friendly and professional. They bent over backwards to help us when we arrived and helped us when we needed additional toiletry items that we missed when packing.

The morning breakfast buffet was awesome!!! Very clean, orderly and a great selection of hot and cold breakfast items.

I was also very impressed with the groundskeeping ... the lawn, walkways, and garden area was immpecably manicured.

Extremely pleasant stay ... I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Vermont
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I got a room here at the last minute because the conference hotel was booked. Everything about my stay was simple and pleasant. The front desk staff were very helpful, chatty without being fake, and printed out directions to my destination. My wake up call was on time and the alarm clock was easy to use.

My room was spacious and clean and very well appointed especially for the cost of the room. It had a well-stocked kitchen, everything was in decent shape. The decor was a little outdated but didn't seem worn or overused. The bed was comfortable, the heating/cooling system worked, the windows were large and the curtains were dark. The bathroom was simple with a lot of towels and one of those curtain rods that beds out.

The internet was fast though unfortunately only accessible via ethernet which was less than optimal for sharing. Best of all for a not very expensive hotel, everything worked, was clean and was easy to use. I travel a lot for business and I'd take a hotel that Just Works over a fancier hotel with snooty staff and/or sketchy door locks or bad internet.

• Liked — everything worked, friendly desk staff
  • Disliked — no wireless internet
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Chelmsford
The Stonehedge Hotel and Spa
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chelmsford/Lowell? Share your experiences!