We stayed at this hotel as part of our honeymoon and after being picked up by a very tired and uncomfortable boat we wasn't sure what to expect...
When we arrived the weather was crazy- mental winds which of course made the boat journey horrific! As we stepped off the boat we were greeted by their staff with a drink and immediately sat down for the check in service!
We stayed in a jacuzzi beach villa but to be honest after visiting the Vilamendhoo previously these rooms were extremely tired and in need of a renovation! The bathroom was lovely, however inside did need some attention!
The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and all of the staff are very friendly and accommodating!
Personally for us the hotel was very overcrowded, especially in the restaurants! After visiting smaller more intimate islands we decided that we much prefer that! If you were to arrive for the evening entertainment past 9pm there was simply nowhere to sit and I feel they are just cramming people into the hotel to get as much money as possible!
Food was excellent, one of the best all inclusive's I've been to! A lot of variety and tasty too!
Pools were nice but got very very warm by about 4pm but the sea is obviously an alternative option to cool down in!
Apart from the bad weather on our first day it was amazing from there on in, we couldn't fault it!!
The reef around the hotel doesn't really exist and I think after going to the Vilamendhoo we were very spoilt with this!
We were however upgraded for 2 nights to a jacuzzi water villa and there is a bit more to see around there, but you really need to look for it! We stayed in the 300's villas but I think the other ones are much better for marine life! Also beware if you want an over water Jacuzzi villa the ones in the 300's don't have the Jacuzzi's over looking the ocean! They are round the back with no view! So ensure you ask for the north island ones if you would like that!
Staff were fab as I mentioned before and really make your stay special! Evening entertainment is very poor!! This needs revamping!
Personally I'd choose Vilamendhoo for an all round better experience but I assure you that if this is your first time to the Maldives then you won't be disappointed with the Meeru!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male' Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 60 hectares (105 acres). Your speedboat transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island