“Best ever”

Meeru Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Meerufenfushi
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

This place is magical, from the moment the boat arrives. My husband and I went with friends and we both had beach villas, there is nothing to beat waking up to the beautiful view of beach and sea. The staff are so friendly and helpful, if your in the Dhoni bar, Shahuz is brilliant and our waiter Gasim remembers what you like, just brilliant, the only thing we all agreed on was that the evening entertainment, sometimes wasn't great, could do with the disco 3 nights a week rather than the one and the band playing in the Kakuni bar on Wednesday night are not upto the standard expected of the resort, karaoke had better singers, the food was amazing, so much choice, the cocktails perfect, there were some ants in our bathroom but they didn't cause a problem, will definitely like to go back, snorkeling inside the reef watching the fish is amazing we never became bored of it. Would recommend the Asian Wok for a special night out, fabulous holiday

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Shirley G
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Shirley G,

Greetings from your magical paradise island!

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent holiday with us.

We have a scheduled different evening entertainments each day of the week and I am sorry if it not everything was to your liking.

With regards to the ants in the bathroom, I do apologize for that. This issue has been informed to the concerned department.

Our Executive Chef will be very glad to hear that you find the choices of food to your liking. He will surely be happy that you are recommending the Asian Wok for our guest to visit.

Great to learn that you have experienced good service from our staff, especially from Shahuz of Dhoni bar and Gasim your restaurant waiter. I appreciate your comments and will share your compliments with the staff.

We are looking forward to hopefully welcome on a return visit to Meeru. If you require any further assistance or information regarding future bookings then lease contact us at reservations@meeru.com.

Walter C. Kaufmann, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (6,488)

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were a group of 3 friends and we had an absolutely amazing time during our stay. This place is quite different from the usual beach side resorts and it actually gives you a feeling of how it is to stay on an island. The different varieties of restaurants, cafes and bar and their unique design and look made our stay even better. Most of the staff were quite helpful except for a couple of them , especially the waiter who was allotted to us for the length of our stay (Ali @ Maalan) as he did not seem to be much interested in taking care of his guests and wasn't much of a help. On the other hand, we were served by Waheed at Dhoni bar who was excellent and knew how to take care of his guests. Latheef was also quite helpful and gave us a lot of good info about Meeru island. Lots of things and activities to do around the island, the Dhoni bar is just as beautiful in the evenings as it is during the day. I'd recommend this place to anyone planning to visit Maldives, not all resorts in Maldives provide an all inclusive package, all inclusive is really good as it'll save you from paying higher prices for food drinks and snacks if ordered separately. We had the sunset cruise included in our all inclusive package , though we were under the impression that it would automatically be included but turned out that we had to actually book our places, when we tried to book it appeared to be fully booked - we had to then speak to the reception a couple of times to get us included in the list. Similarly, we received a few vouchers for 15mins of free spa but could not avail of this as it was fully booked.. and they couldn't accommodate us. Overall, the stay was really relaxing and very different from any other sea view / beach resorts I've been to. Can't wait to get back to Meeru again someday.. For those yet to book their stay in Maldives, don't hesitate if Meeru is one of the resorts you have shortlisted! It will be worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Priy4
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Priy4,

Greetings from your holiday destination!

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at Meeru Island Resort & Spa. It is always great when someone takes the time to share their holiday experience.

I am highly delighted you found our staff helpful and served you in a high standard of service. Every staff works really hard to deliver a memorable stay for each guest. I will share your comments to everyone especially to Ali from Maalan restaurant, Waheed from Dhoni Bar and Latheef.

It is good to know that you appreciated Dhoni Bar and enjoyed each moment.

In addition, my apologies for not being accommodated for the 15 minutes welcome massage.
Priy4, thank you for your strong recommendation here on Tripadvisor. It means a lot to us and on behalf of the entire team, we do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This Island is just beautiful, it gave us the most perfect honeymoon! We did not want to leave!

Stayed in a 600's Jacuzzi Water Villa and it was just amazing. The villa was huge and the wildlife you could see in the transparant sea from the decking was fantastic.

The jacuzzi was a great touch and loved the open air bathroom.

You really are in a tropical paradise here, the sea, sand and the sunsets are to die for!

The Food was great! My only gripe is the house cocktails which were in the all inclusive. They were not very good and so I paid for the better ones which was a bit of a pain. The Entertainment could also be improved a little but to be honest, the sunsets and the wildlife do their own entertaining!

Staff were fantastic, very friendly and informative. I cannot recommend this place enough! We were so sad to leave and will definitely re-visit. Thank you Meeru for making our honeymoon the best it could have possibly been!!

Room Tip: 600's Jacuzzi Water Villas
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Bexybeach17

Dear Bexybeach17,

Sunny greetings from your perfect honeymoon destination!

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am happy that you chose Meeru to spend your honeymoon and be a part of making it the best experience ever.

I am sure that our Executive Chef will be delighted to know that you enjoyed the food.

I am sorry that you found the all inclusive cocktails not very good and that the entertainment needs improvement. I will be taking your comments and will discuss these matters with the management. Your feedback provides us the opportunity to learn how to better serve our guests.

We hope to welcome you back to Meeru Island Resort & Spa to celebrate your first anniversary. If there is anything we can do to assist you kindly let us know.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

best holliday ever... actually it's our honeymoon and i'm sure we chose the right resort, because it's worth for every penny.
snorkeling, diving, sunset excursion with beautiful boat, dolphins in the ocean while the sun is going down, visiting the local island... really nice.
i will definitely come back here

Room Tip: room 238 is the best, location and sleep quality
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maja D

Dear Maja D,

Greetings from your honeymoon destination.

I would like to thank you for your generous feedback and taking the time to leave a lovely review from your fantastic stay with us.

I am glad that you found Meeru as the right resort for your honeymoon. We are glad that we became a part of your best holiday ever.

Maja D, we are so pleased to hear that you will definitely come back we look forward to exceeding your expectations once again. If there is anything I can do for your future stay with us please don`t hesitate to contact our Reservations team at reservations@meeru.com.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Meeru is a 4 star hotel with superb location, my best holiday destination so far, feel like in heaven, one day i will come back :), awesome wiews, good restaurants and cool drinks, worth any money but if you planing to go, go all inclusive or you will spend a lot

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rafal L

Dear Rafal L,

Greetings from Meeru Island Resort & Spa!

It gives me a great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your recent holiday and that Meeru Island Resort & Spa is a superb location for a holiday.

Thank you for your feedback, I will surely share your good words to the rest of the staff.

We would be delighted to see you back which I hope is very soon. If you need any assistance with your booking please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We just came back from an 8 night stay on Meeru. Thanks to all staff, we had an amazing time there. The beaches, water, spa, food, all was perfect. The island is beautiful and we could have gone snorkeling everyday.
Staff was very attentive. Could have a few more ramps, as my partner is in a wheelchair, but due to fitness, we got around ok. The move to the water villa was right though.
Very clean, natural and easy.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Manja W

Dear Manja W,

Sunny greetings from your perfect holiday destination!

Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful feedback of your recent stay at Meeru Island Resort & Spa. I am so pleased to learn that you had a great time with us.

Your kind words regarding our enthusiastic team was very much appreciated. I will share your feedback with my entire team.

We do hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future and all of us wish you all the best. For any assistance on planning your next holiday in Meeru, do not hesitate to contact our Reservations team at reservations@meeru.com. We will be more than happy to help you for your booking and requests.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on the 26th of May from a 10 and a half hour flight from England. The boat trip took an hour to the Island where we were then greeted with a mocktail and a cold towel. We were then offered an exclusive 1 night cruise on our second day absolutely free!! We travelled on the cruise to an uninhabited island where we went snorkelling and saw some amazing sea life such as manta ray and tropical colourful fish. We were spoilt the whole day with lunch on the way there, afternoon tea with toasted sandwiches and cake and then later a Maldivian version of a BBQ on the beach. They lit up the whole beach and serves a banquets of delicious food for us. We made friends with 4 other couples during our trip. We went hand rail fishing and much enjoyed the company and the service of the Maldivian waiters, chef, fishermen and captain. Not to mention our guide Aneef! He was so funny and helpful. There was a minor problem with the boat the day after but problem solved when a speed boat came out to pick us up and take us back to Meeru.

We were back at the island by 12:30pm where Karina told us we had been upgraded from a beach villa to a jacuzzi water villa!! We were given a ride to our villa and our bags followed. We walked into our new villa and we were delightfully surprised. A huge comfy bed, patio doors onto our balcony with steps leading down to the blue water. A huge bathroom with outside shower, jacuzzi and sunbeds. Large wardrobe space and of course a mini bar where we were allowed the wine and soft drinks and beer as we were AIP.

We ate our dinner at the main buffet restaurant Farivalhu. The food was amazing!!!! Chinese, Japanese, Italian, English .... Little shot starters, soup, rice l, pasta, steak, chicken, lamb, pork and the list goes on. Our waiter was lovely Naheed. He specifically remembered our routine drinks during the meal... Simply diet coke as we had to drink lots of fluids as it gets very hot! He recommended different dishes and spoke to us about his family and how he loves working at Meeru.
The deserts were just fabulous... Chocolate fudge, creme brûlée, mouse and our favourite, chocolate ice cream with biscuit nuts.
Breakfast was just as good as they served full English, cereals, cheeses, meats, toast, breads, fruit, yoghurt and my favourite which I'll miss was the fresh fruit juices!

We enjoyed Maldivian afternoon tea by the pool each day and also treated our selves to a pizza and a few portions of cheesy chips (extra charge but worth it!)

We also had vouchers for a free massage. We both had 15 minutes of relaxation which we really enjoyed so we booked to go for another. We booked the half hour neck back shoulder and legs, which was just enough. We enjoyed the ginger and lemongrass tea afterwards.

We went kayaking another day which was just incredible. We kayaked around the whole island which took us 45 minutes. The ocean is beautiful and we just dipped our feet in off the kayak to cool down from the hot sun.

We also enjoyed some time at the driving range with other couples we met. It was a laugh as non if us had a clue of what to do!

My husband enjoyed Sunday football where the guests play against the staff. The staff were brilliant and obviously take advantage of the perks that Meeru have to offer... So good for them!

We spent a few night playing pool in the games room at Kukoni bar and enjoyed the entertainment.

We enjoyed going for a drink at the Dhoni bar as it all lights up and the staff are lovely and attentive.

We went on the sunset cruise which is highly recommended!! We saw so many dolphins and flying fish. Amazing!

We spent our last night in the Asian Wok where we enjoyed delicious food and drinks (costs extra).
I had Tandori chicken and my husband has teriyaki chicken and we shares naan bread and popadoms. It was a lovely experience and a great end to our holiday.
On our last day we were able to enjoy a couple more games of pool and then had lunch before we left for the airport. We collected our clothes that we had made by the Maldivian man in the shop... We are really pleased with them!

Overall not only was it an amazing honeymoon but it was a holiday of a lifetime. We enjoyed every second and are planning on going back! We loved the ocean, the food, the pools, the entertainment and the staff! Thankyou Meeru for such an amazing experience we will definitely be back soon :D

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
18  Thank Sharna L

Dear Sharna L,

Sunny greetings from your honeymoon destination!

We were absolutely blown away from your detailed feedback on your recent holiday here in Meeru Island Resort & Spa. I was very delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for highlighting your great experience about the 1 night cruise. I will share your review with the Captain and Crew of that cruise, especially to Aneef your guide and I am sure they will be happy to hear your good words about them and the cruise. My apology for the minor problem faced during your return to Meeru. But, I am glad that it was solved immediately.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Jacuzzi Water Villa.

Our executive chef will be delighted to know you found the food amazing and the dessert fabulous. Your feedback really warm our hearts as you make us feel very happy.

It is great to know that you enjoyed the 15 minutes welcome massage from Duniye Spa and you even booked another massage with them. I will share your feedback with them.

Meeru has a great selection of activities, I am glad that you enjoyed some of it.

Football match every Sunday is one of the interaction sports we have wherein both the staff and guests can enjoy. Thank you as your husband joined the game.

Sharna L, I look forward to welcoming you back as a repeat guests and to exceed you’re expectations during your next visit. We would be delighted to assist you making your booking to refresh your amazing memories. See you soon.

Walter C. Kaufmann, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meerufenfushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 2 in Bandos
Baros Maldives
Baros Maldives
#1 of 1 in Baros Island

Been to Meeru Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!