“Coming back for more” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Meerufenfushi
London, United Kingdom
“Coming back for more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Firstly as you will read we are so bad at leaving reviews, we actually visited in September 2012 !!!. Back then we had the most amazing time ever. (PLEASE PLEASE CAN WE HAVE THE SAME ROOM WHEN WE RE-VISIT THIS SEPTEMBER) We found the staff unbelievably friendly and attentive - nothing was ever too much trouble.
The swimming, snorkeliing and beach is to die for. Food was delicious. Looking forward to my partner playing football against the staff , see if we cant make it evens !!!!!

We hope we have this September trip will be as magical as our last

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Corina D
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Corina D,

Thank you for leaving your lovely feedback of your stay in September 2012. It gives us the great pleasure to learn we will welcome you back soon.

We really would love trying to accommodate you in the same room, however we can`t guarantee room numbers. But we will try our best to allocate you as close as possible.

Corina D, Please contact our reservation team directly again and pass on your request plus booking reference number.

I am sure we will exceed your expectation once again and we are looking forward welcoming you back in September.

Walter C. Kaufmann, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (957)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Spalding, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed on Meeru Island in January for two weeks in a Beach Jacuzzi Villa. We arrived on my fiancé's birthday, and what a wonderful way to celebrate his special day. The bed in our villa had been decorated with flowers and there was a fruit tray, and birthday card. When we went into dinner the table had been adorned with flowers and a birthday cake.

Our villa was spectacular we couldn't have asked for more. We loved the four-poster bed and the way our fantastic room-boy turned down the bed at night. The outdoor space with the Jacuzzi was amazing and a lovely place to rest and watch the fruit bats. The room was kept meticulously clean and tidy by Moosa who also decorated our bed again with beautiful flowers the day before we left.

There was so much variety of food in the restaurant that we were spoilt for choice. Our waiter also called Moosa could not have been more attentive. He immediately served drinks and spent time talking to us which we so enjoyed.

When stepping out of our villa we were on our own little bit of beach, and straight into the Indian Ocean. We had sunbeds where we could look out onto the amazing scenery and just relax. Dipping in the sea was like stepping into a warm bath, though full of little fish and reef shark that were just fascinating. Even though Meeru was fully booked we hardly saw a soul it was so peaceful.

We also loved the pools, both were unique and enjoyable in different ways. We spent many happy hours sunbathing, reading, swimming and drinking cocktails which were simply divine. All the staff in the bars were superb in particular the Pavilion, Dhoni and Hot Rock. It was not just the service which was first class, it was the interaction with everyone that made it so special. And I had better not start about the Asian Wok, however, what fabulous sunsets with the sharks swimming below....perfect (although there could now be one shark looking 'cool' as I dropped my sunglasses in the ocean on our last night!!).

I cannot submit this review without mentioning the dressmaker. How wonderful to go on holiday and have, not one, but three dresses made to measure! How terrific is that!! The staff in the shop and reception were also so helpful and pleasant to talk to.

We had the best holiday ever and can't wait to go back again next year. If I have gushed too much about Meeru, I am NOT sorry as it deserves all the praise I and others have heaped on it. As I said wonderful Meeru!!!

Room Tip: We were in the 100's which were quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Janet F
Dear Janet F,

Sunny greeting from Meeru Island Resort & Spa.

I would like to thank you for your generous feedback and I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your holiday with us at Meeru Island Resort & Spa. There is nothing better to learn you had your best holiday in your life during your special birthday trip of your fiancée.

Our executive Housekeeping will be happy to hear you found the Jacuzzi Beach Villas comfortable, clean and well decorated. Moosa takes great pride in our attention to detail. Also thank you for appreciating the extra touches of evenings treats delivered to the room.

It is nice to read you enjoyed the variety food choice and I am proud you had an outstanding dining experience in the restaurant. Thanks to Moosa.

As you mentioned you enjoyed all the facilities of the resort but the most important aspect is the service which I was please to read met with your expectations. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team. I have passed on your feedback to my brilliant team here at Meeru Island Resort & Spa who makes this all happen.

We all can`t wait to welcome you back soon at Meeru Island Resort & Spa. It would be a nice pleasure to celebrate your honeymoon with us. Please contact me personally for your booking and I am sure we will provide you

My best wishes,

Burnley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

What a beautiful island! We have just returned from a 9 day stay - fantastic weather , good food, good facilities especially the Spa. All inclusive package was really good value for money. The staff are really friendly - can't do enough for you
Paradise may seem an overused word but sorry I can't think of anything else to describe it. Need to start saving for a return visit!!!!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi beach villas numbr 600 onwards
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynne W,

Sunny greetings from Meeru Island Resort & Spa.

It gives me a great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your recent holiday and that you were impressed by Meeru Island Resort & Spa.

Additionally I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our fabulous Spa who work hard to create a memorable and outstanding relaxing Spa experience .

Lynne W, We would be delighted to see you back which I hope is very soon and I am sure we will once again meet your expectations.

Hertford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We booked to stay at Meeru in a Jacuzzi Beach Villa but on arrival we were told that this type of room had been double booked and they wanted us to either go on a sailing boat for 3 nights or stay in a standard room Its not the type of greeting that I was expecting, especially since we had booked this holiday months in advance and the holiday balance was paid in August 2013 and we arrived on 13th Jan 2014
After about one hour of discussions with the hotel staff and my wife getting very tearful after the long journey and lack of sleep, we managed to get them to put us in the honey moon suite for the first night and then into a Jacuzzi beach villa the next day, the hotel did also provide us with a complimentary candle light dinner on the beach which was very nice.
I don't think that we would go back to this resort as you don't need the hassle after such a long journey and after speaking to other guests on the island it wasn't only us that had encountered these problems.

Room Tip: we were in room 619 which is classed as a Jacuzzi beach villa, but you can hardly see the sea or bea...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul S,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay with at Meeru Island Resort & Spa. I would like to take the chance to apologize for your first impression of Meeru Island Resort & Spa and the inconvenience we have caused you at this time. However I am delighted to know we could find a great solution to accommodate you in one of our Honeymoon Suites. We have discussed your full review with the departments in order to avoid such situation in the future.

I hope, that we receive another chance to provide you with our regular high service qualities. Perhaps you could let me know whenever you are planning to return to Meeru Island Resort & Spa and I promise you that your next visit will be memorable for all the right reasons.

Arnhem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

This resort gave us everything we ever hoped for. We wanted a holiday that's shown in every travel guide. White beaches, blue seas, sun and a little house on poles in the sea. Meeru had it all.

Our arrival was very smoothly. The boat transfer might be considered a bit long, but cruising though the Maledives can hardly be called boring. After an hour we arrived and were offered drinks straight away. After a quick check in, we were transferred to our Jaccuzzi Water Villa. We were located in the north part of the resort, which meant no kids allowed. We specifically requested this, but it's subject to availability. We were lucky to get the villa of our choice.

We had the first villa in line, which was great, because our side window viewed the island, instead of other villa's. We recommend the Jaccuzzi Water Villa's to everybody, it gave us the Maledivian experience we hoped for! To have the water under your own little house, and fishes in front of your veranda, that's just awesome. The villa was very spacious, clean and comfortable. You can get in the sea right away, using the stairs. And when you do so, turn around! Loads of interesting fishes live under it!

The sea is lovely, the temperature is great and there's plenty to see. We had an awesome time snorkeling around the island. The current is a bit strong sometimes, so do take care. Want less current? We found the pool-side of the island had the least current.

We loved the restaurants. We were never bored by the food, it was different everyday, and the selection was huge. The waiters are friendly and do a great job. We're not that much into the concept of all inclusive, but Meeru never ever felt like the typical all inclusive resort.

We took the Sunset Cruise, and even though there was no sunset (just our luck) we did see a lot of wild dolphins. How can it get any better?
We also did the Nature Walk, with a staff member telling you a lot about the Maledives, the island, the plants and the animals living there. We highly recommend it! You get some interesting facts to learn, and you get to see just that little bit more.

We forgot our toothpaste, and had to buy some in the hotel shop. That's no problem, it's all there. And we were pleased to find the shop so reasonably priced! We ended up buying a lot more then we intended!

I honestly can't fault this resort with anything… It's just great! We normally never go back to a place, because there's so much to see in the world. But we might make an exception for Meeru…

Are you visiting the Maledives? Please do consider the environment. The Maledives are a lovely place, but they struggle with the trash that comes with tourism. We tried to save as many water as possible, and took most of our trash home with us (like empty bottles of sunscreen). It might be a small act, but it made us feel better.

Room Tip: I recommend the north side of the island, because that's adults only. But that's subject to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank wildelinda
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Wildelinda,

Sunny Greetings from Meeru Island Resort & Spa.

Thank you for sharing this fantastic review of your time at Meeru Island Resort & Spa. It gives me the great pleasure to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday and more than that you would make an exception to visit us again.

Thank you for your great comment on the variety delicious food in the restaurants and our executive chef will be more than happy to learn you loved it. I am thrilled to read you appreciate the great service we have provided during your stay. And I will share your kind words with my entire team.

Thank you for highlighting to consider the environment. I agree the Maldives needs its citizens and visitors to take care of its wonderful natural environment in order to survive as one of the most magical places on earth. Thank you for your great support taking the trash home.

Thank you for recommending us as a wonderful place to stay in the Maldives.

It would be nice to welcome you again in the near future and if you need any assistance please feel free to contact us directly.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

My wife, two other couples and I visited Meeru from the 24th Jan to the 4th of Feb the weather was fab with only rain overnight one one or two nights. We stayed in Jacqui Beach Vilas.

You might as well ignore the international weather forecast as it was not accurate before traveling it was 30 degrees and sunny all the time we were there.

The food was fabulous we were on all inclusive plus, our weightier Hussain was very attentive with a great sense of humor. no wonder he has been at the resort for over 5 years!.

Our Hayes and Jarvis rep Leslie was also great.

Snorkeling on the 600 side of the resort was great a small natural reef at about waist height was just a short walk out in the sea, here we saw countless fish, small sharks rays and octopus.

Th holiday was basically great, the island is more densely populates with villas than some we have been to but it did not seem crowded although it was full when we were there.

I about to publish the kindle revision of Adrian Neville Resort guide to the Maldives and this give full details of all resorts in the Maldives including room density.

I choose to go to this resort as it has a great number of facilities which some of our group thought they needed, including two swimming pools four restaurants, gold rang, pitch and put, canoes, cats tennis etc. Most of which we did not use.

As for the choice of rooms we stayed in 658 /659 and 618 all Jacuzzi Beach Vila. IN my opinion 650 to 660 are beach Jacuzzi villa most of the rest are set further back from the beach.

I think 658 was about 40feet from the sea whilst 618 was 250 - 300ft from he sea. To me the higher 600 is the better part of the island as it is quieter, no children and not many noisy Chinese who seem to have taken a like tot he resort.

The other side of the island was much more windy when we were there and the sea seemed rougher which is strange as this is only a 70- acre Island.

We had a great time, very relaxing if I had to provide some feedback to Walter the GM here are a few things that could be improved.

The Jacuzzi 658 and 659 were old and looked tired and had very weak bubbles. When compared to the Jacuzzi in 618 they were sub standard.

The food was great and a highlight of the holiday, however the all inclusive plus snack menu was very disappointing. Sometimes you do not want a full meal and a pizza, burger or a club sandwich is all you want. The snack menu for AI + guest consisted of afternoon tea and a choice of three sandwiches, this lets the resort down badly, as did lack of cappuccino coffee on the AI plus option.

One of our party went on a fishing trip which they enjoyed but they comment on the complete lack of interaction with the boat staff running the trip, stating that a little enthusiasm from them would have made the whole experience more enjoyable.

The above is just feedback for Walter the GM and should not put people off this is a beautiful location and you will have a fab time.

You should make sure you take in the sunset at the Asian Wok restaurant and take time to watch the sharks swimming around the sea at the Asian Wok,. Also book yourself the Asian woK Teriyaki table, make sure you request this as opposed tot eh ala carte and you are in for a real treat and a laugh as well

We flew Emirates with Jayes and Jarvis Via Dubai a great option and very good flight and service.

Room Tip: If you are an adult and what a quiet time the 600 side of the island is best, 650 - 660 JBV are near...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank adrianAylesbury
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear AdrianAylesbury,

Sunny greetings from your holiday destination.
Thank you for leaving your constructive feedback here on Tripadvisor and I am glad you had an overall a great time with us.

I am sorry to hear you had some issues during your stay and we could not meet your expectations in some ways during your stay at Meeru Island Resort & Spa.

Please rest assured that your remarks are being taken very seriously and I have shared your comments with the departments in order. We appreciate your valuable comments as they help us to improve our guest experience. We strive to offer you a superb product and an outstanding service on every day of the year. Thank you once again for your really useful feedback.

Thank you also for your kind words on Hussain and his team who always welcome our guests with a friendly smile. He really appreciates your feedback and it is such a joy to have him in our team.

We would be really grateful to show you our improvement in the near future and if you need any assistance with your booking please don`t hesitate to contact us.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I loved it here i would defo stay here again. So we had our own jacuzzi beach villa, the jacuzzi didn't work properly and we didn't use it so that was a bit of a waste really but never mind. We had a DVD player in the room so we came prepared with things to watch on a night time. The room was clean modern and the bathroom was outside which was odd getting used to it. We could literally run out of our room and into the sea it was great. Remember to take a lilo with you as well. The sea was gorgeous and clean my partner could not get me out once i was in.
The staff were great and told us about the Island and sea life which i loved. They were always there to help and anything we needed they catered for us. The entertainment was fun too we enjoyed this.
The restaurant was lovely too everyday locally caught fish was served and other fresh foods. It looked amazing how it was displayed too. Also remember everywhere apart from bedroom is sand flooring. We never wore shoes or socks for the whole stay. So girls no need to pack lots of heels like i did. All u need is one pair to arrive and leave in.
But see for yourself its amazing here, i can't wait to go back some point

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Grace0035
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Lulu0027,

Sunny greetings from Meeru Island Resort & Spa.

It was such a pleasure to read your generous feedback and thank you taking the time to share it with us on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially our no shoes policy, making you feeling even more adrift from reality and the outside world.

Our Executive Housekeeper will be also happy to hear that you loved our modern comfortable Jacuzzi Beach Villas and I agree it is an unique feature to have an open bathroom which gives you the typical Maldivian atmosphere. But we are sorry to read that you had some issues with the Jacuzzi. Please inform my team the next time while you are staying at our Resort to give us the chance to fix it.

I really appreciate your kind words on my helpful and friendly team who are always try to create a memorable stay while guests staying with us. I am delighted you felt looked after by my enthusiastic staff. As always your kind words has been passed on to my brilliant team here at Meeru Island Resort & Spa.

We also can`t wait to welcome you back again and on behalf of my entire team we would be appreciate it to welcome you back soon. If you need any assistance for your booking please feel free to contact us anytime.

Walter C. Kaufmann, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meerufenfushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives
Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives
#1 of 1 in Farukolhufushi Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,204 reviews

Been to Meeru Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!