“I loved it”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Meerufenfushi
London, United Kingdom
“I loved it”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I loved it here i would defo stay here again. So we had our own jacuzzi beach villa, the jacuzzi didn't work properly and we didn't use it so that was a bit of a waste really but never mind. We had a DVD player in the room so we came prepared with things to watch on a night time. The room was clean modern and the bathroom was outside which was odd getting used to it. We could literally run out of our room and into the sea it was great. Remember to take a lilo with you as well. The sea was gorgeous and clean my partner could not get me out once i was in.
The staff were great and told us about the Island and sea life which i loved. They were always there to help and anything we needed they catered for us. The entertainment was fun too we enjoyed this.
The restaurant was lovely too everyday locally caught fish was served and other fresh foods. It looked amazing how it was displayed too. Also remember everywhere apart from bedroom is sand flooring. We never wore shoes or socks for the whole stay. So girls no need to pack lots of heels like i did. All u need is one pair to arrive and leave in.
But see for yourself its amazing here, i can't wait to go back some point

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Grace0035
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Lulu0027,

Sunny greetings from Meeru Island Resort & Spa.

It was such a pleasure to read your generous feedback and thank you taking the time to share it with us on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially our no shoes policy, making you feeling even more adrift from reality and the outside world.

Our Executive Housekeeper will be also happy to hear that you loved our modern comfortable Jacuzzi Beach Villas and I agree it is an unique feature to have an open bathroom which gives you the typical Maldivian atmosphere. But we are sorry to read that you had some issues with the Jacuzzi. Please inform my team the next time while you are staying at our Resort to give us the chance to fix it.

I really appreciate your kind words on my helpful and friendly team who are always try to create a memorable stay while guests staying with us. I am delighted you felt looked after by my enthusiastic staff. As always your kind words has been passed on to my brilliant team here at Meeru Island Resort & Spa.

We also can`t wait to welcome you back again and on behalf of my entire team we would be appreciate it to welcome you back soon. If you need any assistance for your booking please feel free to contact us anytime.

Walter C. Kaufmann, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (982)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Benfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I went on holiday to Meeru Island with my husband last June as our late honeymoon. We booked a jacuzzi water villa and went all inclusive.

This was an amazing experience, I am so pleased to have gone. The food was amazing, the staff were excellent and facilities were in great condition.

We walked around the island pretty much every day and it took about 45 minutes. Although there were a lot of people on the island it didn't feel like it and when we walked around the beach it felt like we were on our own island and you would rarely see another couple.

We visited the Maldives during their rainy season and it really wasn't a problem. It rained a few days out of the 14 and sometimes it was quite welcomed to cool everything down a bit.

We visited the spa one day and had a lovely massage, it really was heaven.

Snorkeling is a must. We did this pretty much every day and never tired from it, you would always see something different. Having a water villa we would also see sharks and exotic fish from our balcony/patio area at night and was beautiful, we often sat out there for ages.

I would love to go back one day, it was the best holiday I ever had.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Denise S
Dear Denise,

Sunny greetings from your Honeymoon destination.

Thank you for choosing Meeru Island Resort & Spa for your Honeymoon last June. We are pleased to learn we could create the best holiday you ever had and you felt like heaven.
It gives me a great pleasure to read you loved the food, the facilities and best of all I am glad my team was able to add your special occasion with a beautiful room and special treats in the spa.
We really appreciate your kind words and I will be sure to share your marvelous feedback with my entire team. Thank you for such motivating feedback and nothing could be nicer to read than what you said.

Denise, we also do hope to welcome you back one day at Meeru Island Resort & Spa. Please let me know whenever you are planning to return and we would be delighted to assist you making your booking.

Warminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014

What can I say, food fantastic, jacuzzi villa fantastic room 656, staff excellent, island amazing. Diving is excellent, manta point was fantastic seen around 10 mantas along with sharks eels and some very big fish. Absolute paradise.
But the best of all !!!!!
WE HAVE ONE MORE WEEK ;)

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Chris P
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Chris,

Sunny greetings from Meeru Island Resort & Spa.

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your fantastic review of your current stay at Meeru Island Resort & Spa. I am thrilled that you are thoroughly enjoying your holiday with us and best of all, you still have some days left to enjoy the excellent diving, fantastic food and the personal service. We really appreciate your kind words and I am proud to share it with my entire team.

Chris, please let us know if we can do anything for you to make your stay still more special.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have been to Maldives several times and every time I stayed in different Resort of different categories to taste new experience. My last stay at Meeru Island Resort was the best ever I had in Maldives.

Meeru Island considered one of the biggest Islands in Maldives, which gives an advantage of roaming around without limitation compared to other smaller islands, also adding the advantage of more outdoor recreation facilities and sports activities.

Meeru Island has an original size of Football Ground, Tennis Court and mini Golf areas, which is difficult to be found in many Resorts in Maldives.

The Jetty entrance and reception area is flat and specious with scattered tall coconut trees within bigger area of surface, creating nice and joyful atmosphere and pleasant sea breeze under the shadow.

The restaurants and bars are well decorated and maintained with nice and comfortable tables, sofas and cushions, floored with wet soft sands, high ceilings and the major sides are opened to circulate cool breeze.

The three main meals are buffet style with different types and tastes of food and live cooking stations, which will satisfy all tastes, in addition to two “A La Carte” restaurants. The main three bars and pool side bars serving different types of drinks, cocktails, mocktails and snacks and two of them serve the afternoon tea.

My booking was for “Water Villa”, Full Board, which has been upgraded to All Inclusive. The Water Villa in Meeru Island is unique in kind and does not exist within any other Resorts in Maldives. The Villa is exactly at the edge of sea water, where you get the feeling you are in both land and water at the same time. The villa itself is specious with high ceiling, wooden floor for posts beds and comfortable sofa set with modern and entertainment amenities.

The bathroom is specious, semi open-air style with two wash basins, standing shower, in addition to open courtyard with wooden floor and Jacuzzi can accommodate two persons, which creates romantic atmosphere, especially at the full moon nights.

The Water Villa got two different level decks exists in the water, one of them got two relaxing seats and the second got two sun loungers in addition to two beach loungers beside the villa.

During the high and low tides of water, the water reaches below the decks and allows the marine creatures to be roaming in front of the Water Villa.

The best area for swimming and snorkeling in Meeru Island Resort is in front of the Water Villas area, where there is soft sand, clear water and exciting views.

Being you are accommodated at Water Villas, this adds more enjoyment to your beach swimming and other activities.

The spa facilities at Meeru Island Resort is fantastic, therapists are professionals and the treatment rooms are over water with transparent glass floors, where the individual can enjoy the view of the sea and marine environment through the floor during treatment.

My stay at Meeru Island Resort was fantastic and memorable and definitely I would recommend strongly to stay at “Water Villa” for real enjoyment and feeling as you are in paradise.

Room Tip: My booking was for “Water Villa”, Full Board, which has been upgraded to All Inclusive. The Water Vi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Saeed Mohamed M
Dear Saeed,

Sunny Greetings from Meeru Island Resort & Spa.

Many thanks for taking the time to post your detailed review about your stay at Meeru Island Resort & Spa and I was delighted to know your stay was the best you have ever had in the Maldives. You couldn`t make us happier and it is such a motivation for us that we were able to exceed your expectations. I am proud to share your kind words with my entire team.

I also was really glad to hear you loved your Water Villa and I agree it is such a unique category where you can enjoy both sides, to be over the water at high tide and to have a small part of the beach for your own at low tide. The private sundeck with stairs into the sea and the perfect view of the crystal clear water make your stay even more special. We are glad it worked so well on you.

I really appreciate your kind words on our professional and well-skilled therapists in the Spa and you left all behind and returned refreshed, restored, relaxed in mind, body and soul.

Thank you for your strong recommendation and on behalf of the entire team, we hope do have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband picked this hotel for our honeymoon and it was such a wonderful two weeks. We had a beach villa, which was lovely because you have the bit of beach in front of your villa to yourself, whereas the water villas don't have any private beach.

We were on the child end of the island which I believe is a bit cheaper, and being our honeymoon I would have quite liked a bit more peace and quiet as the children who were there weren't very well supervised.

Highly rate the restaurant over the water - can't remember the name. You can see all the sharks swimming underneath, and before dinner service starts you can sit on cushions round the edge and have some drinks looking out to the ocean. Amazing.

Food was fantastic and we had a very personal service from our water for the whole 2 weeks which was good. There is even 1 day where they serve champagne at breakfast! Yum.

Couples massage at the spa was simply heavenly. We had two!

We really want to go back,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Njkent
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear NinJ86,

Sunny greetings from your honeymoon destination.

It was our pleasure to accommodate you in our beautiful Beach Villas to start your honeymoon in style. I would like to congratulate you again on the start of your married life together and we are delighted that you chose to stay with us for your honeymoon. I am glad we were able to add your special occasion with a beautiful room and special treats especially your personal waiter and his team.

I am sorry to read you found your location not that quite as expected. We decided to make few changes in regards on the location for BVL, 400 Side. Those staying in the Northern end of the Island served in Maalan Restaurant, Adults Only area. Guests staying in the Southern end will keep Farivalhu Restaurant with no price difference.

NinJ86, we hope to welcome you back to Meeru Island Resort & Spa to celebrate your first anniversary If we can anything do for your future booking don`t hesitate to contact us.

China
Reviewed February 1, 2014

First, it's price is very good even with the FB. Second on Jan the weather of maledives is very good. The sun is very good. It always has the gentle and comfortable sea wind, almost has no rain. The sand on the beach is very white and fine. Near the meeru island there are many excellent snorkeling spots. There you can see most kinds of the tropical fishes of maledives. In a snorkeling spot one mile from meeru island, there is a large coral reef. There the underwater scenery is very amazing. And if you are lucky enough, you may even see dolphins jumping out of the sea in droves. The dive center on meeru island , ocean-pro dive team, is also great. If you want to challenge difficult drift diving, instructors may bring you to dive sites with strong current.
Meeru island has many kinds of room for choosing. The room is cleaning and cleaned twice a day. Cafeteria food is very tasty and changes every day. All service persons on the island are very enthusiastic. There are a lot of sports can participate on Meeru, it will make you feel vacation time is too short!

Room Tip: Water villas are more convenient for Snorkeling!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bing H
Dear Bing H,

Sunny greetings from your holiday destination.

It gave me a great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the snorkeling and diving. As you mentioned we offer daily snorkeling trips to our house reef which is an ideal spot to explore the variety of marine life. Through snorkeling in Maldives, you can also see sharks, turtles, anemones, eels, octopus, rays and many more of exotic tropical fishes. These marine life species abound in the waters of the Indian ocean. It is a MUST when you are traveling to Maldives and will make your holiday even more special.

In the late summer and during the fall, those participating in diving can see mantas and whale sharks which are also very impressive and interesting sight. You might had the luck to experience this and we are glad you had the chance to see some dolphins which is probably the best place in the world to see them.

Thank you also for your kind words regarding our enthusiastic team. I will share your feedback with my entire team.

We do hope to welcome you back and all of us wish you all the best.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We were at meeru xmas 2013 and it was the best resort we have been to for a relaxing and wind down holiday. We were put in the overwater bungalows(300s) which were spectacular, but we wanted the adults only. The staff were fantastic when we asked to change rooms and everything was organised, we didn't have to lift a finger. We were not disappointed with our new room, it was layed out differently, but just as luxurious as our previous room. I was very impressed with the staff who were personally appointed to you, same room boy, restaurant waiter and so on. Also which surprised me Sri Lanka only 1and half hour flight away.

Room Tip: Adults only ask for rooms 700 s(overwater Jacuzzi)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lee j,

Sunny greetings from your Christmas destination.

The best compliment we can get is the praise you have provided to my team. We pride ourselves on our personal and helpful service here at Meeru Island Resort & Spa. I am delighted that you felt well looked after by our enthusiastic staff. It does mean a lot to us and I will be sure to share your wonderful words with all the team here. A heartfelt thank you.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Meeru Island Resort & Spa. If you need any assistance with your booking please don`t hesitate to contact us directly.

Walter C. Kaufmann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meerufenfushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives
Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives
#1 of 1 in Farukolhufushi Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,310 reviews

Been to Meeru Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!