“Very relaxing vacations in a beautiful environment”

Meeru Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Meerufenfushi
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We visitited Meeru for 10 days between Dec 25, 2013 and Jan 4, 2014. It was our second trip to the Maldives after staying in Fihalhohi Dec. 2012. Meeru offered the higher standard, with better rooms and additional offers for entertainment, and a beautiful trip on a sailing boat, but clearly lacks a house reef for snorkeling or diving. Additionally the appartments are a little 'aged' and could require better maintainance for the much higher prices requested.
The transfer from Male was well organized, as was the check-in at the island. We had booked Jacuzzi Beach Villas, and asked for two rooms next to each other (we are a family of 4, with kids aged 19 and 18). This did not fully work: We had the appartments 109 and 111 for the first 5 days, which are well located close to the beach with good places in the shadow below palms; additionally the way to the diving station or restaurant was short.
The diving center is well organized, with friendly dive teachers and good equipment. All dives are from the boat, as there is no house reef at the island.
The restaurant is great - good offerings, with a friendly service. This we had experienced worse at Fihalhohi.
Small deductions for the overall ratings due to cumulative small problems at the appartments. Various lights did not work, so did the adapter or the hair dryer, and the air conditioning provided either arctic cold temperatures, or it was too warm.
For two days we participated in a sailing tour offered by the hotel without additional cost (we had to check out of our rooms), which was a great experience. The crew did a fantastic job to make this a very memorable tour!
After the tour we had rooms 115 and 119, which were comparable to the ones before - 119 maybe already a little too far from shadowy places at the beach.

My wife went to one session at the overwater Spa, which she liked a lot. We also heard from other guests that they appreciated the spa quality a lot.

Most additional services at Meeru (which obviously make this island a 4 star ressort, and make it more expensive) we did not use - neither the sport offerings (we went diving every day, and used the boat to go snorkeling), nor the TV, nor the evening attactions.
If we were to visit the Maldives for a third time, we would most likely select a more basic island again, with a good house reef.

Room Tip: With respect to the choice of rooms at Meeru: we had the impression from various reviews that the be...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Bernd G
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear Bernd,

Thank you so much for your kind review and taking the time to write us a feedback of your stay. We are pleased to read you enjoyed the quality of our spa team, the friendly service and good variety of food in the restaurant and also that you had a chance to enjoy diving with our professional dive team.

I totally agree it is a great experience to go on our cruise to see the unique of marine life, to do night fishing and having a spectacular barbeque on one of uninhabited island. I have shared your nice feedback with our crew members who made your trip through the North Male Atoll even more memorable. It is such a joy to have this crew in our team and they were pleased to learn about your positive comments.

On the other hand, I am disappointed to read that we could not completely exceed your expectation. The maintenance issues in your room has been investigated and fixed. I would like to take the chance to apologize.

Therefore, my team and I would very much appreciate if you could give us a second chance to serve you. (you queries can be sent to our Reservations Team: reservations@meeru.com).

I really appreciate your kind review about Meeru Island Resort & Spa.

Our Management Team and Staff are looking forward to seeing you as a Repeater guests in our Resort!

Meeru Island Resort & Spa

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We visited Meeru for 2 weeks from 4th December-19th December 2013 for our honeymoon. It was out of this world. We flew with British Airways which we would recommend to anyone coming from the UK as they provide direct flights to Male.
Our transfer from the airport was by speedboat and a lovely experience, the crew were all very helpful.
Once we reached the island we were greeted by Lesley our Hayes & Jarvis rep. Lesley was really friendly and gave us all the information we needed to know, without overselling the excursions etc. Throughout our stay Lesley was really helpful and approachable.
We booked 14 nights in a Jacuzzi Water Villa, originally we asked for the 700's, as we were on our honeymoon and thought we would prefer the adult's only area, however when we arrived we were given room 339. Rather than complain we decided to see what they were like in comparison to the 700's and we were not disappointed. The 300's are newer and much more spaced out, so you get more privacy both on your balcony and in your Jacuzzi (which is completely secluded and private), whereas the Jacuzzi in the 700's looks out over the sea where other guests are snorkelling, swimming and canoeing. The sea around the 300's is much calmer, which is better for snorkelling and swimming. If you can afford to we would recommend choosing a JWV over the other villa's, as the experience is amazing!
Our room was lovely, on the first night our air conditioning was making a lot on noise, we told Lesley and she arranged for maintenance to come out and fix it. It was done straight away and they fitted a new system without any trouble and we had no issues after that. Our room boy Ahmed was excellent. He was very helpful and hard working.
The restaurant which caters for guests in the south of the island was amazing. The food choice fantastic. Our waiter Hassan was very attentive and helpful.
The Dhoni bar was fantastic and all waiters were really friendly and couldn't help us enough, particularly Saeed.
Recommendations:
- The snorkelling around the 300's and honeymoon villa's is amazing - we saw hundreds of different fish, reef sharks (both large and small), sting rays and huge white manter rays.
- For snorkelling take your own mask and reef shoes as the one's sold in the island shop are very expensive. Also take an underwater camera, it's worth it for the pictures!
- Watch the sunset at the Dhoni bar before tea at around 6pm, it's amazing.
We didn't go on any of the excursions as we just wanted to relax, however the choices on offer are excellent.
Some reviews have mentioned the wildlife (ants, rats etc). This wasn't an issue for us. We did see a few ants in our bathroom and a few rats while walking around the island but they don't cause any problems. We also saw giant snails, fruit bats (the size of seagulls) that fly around the island during the day and night, different birds, different lizards, hundreds of crabs and one cockroach...however none of these bothered us one bit. You have to remember you are on a tropical island so expect some wildlife. We enjoyed watching them, particularly the herons and crabs on the beach.
We would highly recommend Meeru to anyone wanting to visit the Maldives. It's a relaxing, friendly and beautiful island, with a huge variety of activities and places to eat and drink, although you hardly ever see another guest, apart from at meal times.
Meeru is an amazing place and the pictures really don't reflect how amazing it is. We would love to visit again one day.

2  Thank Williams654
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Williams654,

Sunny Greetings from your holiday destination!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review sharing your holiday with us. I would like to personally thank you for your wonderful comments since there is nothing we love more than to hear our guests loved their experience with us! It is so wonderful to read that Lesley, Ahmed and Saeed were able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff and your representative truly care for our guests and we love to see that this shines through.
I was also glad that you particularly enjoyed your Jacuzzi Water Villas 300`s side , the variety of marine life, the fantastic food choice, the Dhoni bar while watching the sunset, and of course our amazing staff!
Thank you also for sharing your wonderful photos with us and your recommendation to other Tripadvisor readers.
We can`t wait to welcome you back soon. If you need any assistants with your future booking, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

It was always a dream of mine to stay in an over water bungalow. After reading the many reviews on Trip Advisor, we requested an over water bungalow with a sunset view in the 700's adult only section. I had sent 3 seperate e-mails asking for this but was assigned a over-water villa in the 300's (room 302, closest to the shore, pretty well no privacy). When I asked about this at check in, I was given pretty well a "too bad, so sad" response. I think they know you are now captive on the island so there's not much you can do and there is no need for them to go out of their way. I understand that there are logistics involved with room assignments but I honestly do feel that requests are pretty well ignored, so don't waste your time making any. Only when I insisted, did they make an effort to move us to another room. A bungalow was available in the 700's two nights later. So, rather than unpacking and enjoying a full 7 days, we lived out of our suitcases for the first couple of days. We received a letter saying that we could pick up the key for the new room at 9:00 a.m. That day, we got up extra early for breakfast and packed up for our move. At the desk, I was told our new room wouldn't be ready till 11:30. When I showed the person at reception the letter, so again pretty well gave me the "too bad, so sad" look. So, we got up early for nothing.
When checking in, their main purpose is to try and sell you excursions, spa treatments etc. rather than providing you with information. You are provided with 2 bottles of 1.5 litres of water in your room and it's replenished daily. There is no need to purchase more water. Simply take your bottle with you for meals. Also, there is no mention of free internet. If I didn't know this ahead of time, you would not know unless you asked. We had to have our suitcases out by 10 a.m. and opted to stay in our bungalow until it was time for us to actually leave. The room attendant was practically waiting at the door the whole time and was staring at us when we were sitting on the steps looking at the ocean. I'm sure there was pressure on him to clean the room but we were entitled to be there since it was before the check out time of noon.
Overall, the island is beautiful but customer service was definitely lacking. This spoiled what could have been a dream holiday. Though this is not among the most expensive islands, you are still paying premium dollar for the experience. The beaches in the north end (adults only) are nicer than around the 300's water villas. Beware of the very strong currents around the whole island. One highlight was the quality and variety of foods at the buffet restaurant. There is no need to have a la carte meals. We were on the full board plan, not all inclusive, since I do not drink but it's somewhat ridiculous to pay $5 U.S. for a diet Coke.
It's a beautiful place and we had a wonderful time but the reception staff need to improve their customer service skills.

Room Tip: 700's water bungalow The beach is nicer and it's adults only.
3  Thank BandLToronto
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear BandLToronto,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Nevertheless we would like to take the chance to apologize for your experience during your stay.
We were disappointed to read we were not able to help you in the way you expected it from us.
But unfortunately we are unable to guarantee a room location in advance. It depends on the availability we have on your arrival day. We always take your requests very seriously and try our best to allocate the rooms in the requested area.
I am also sorry to hear about your experience during your room move as well. This is not our standard and we have discussed your full review with the designated departments in order to avoid such situation in the future.
With regards to your internet, we should have informed you about our free internet on arrival or during your information meeting with your representative.
I hope that we will receive another chance to provide you with our regular high quality service.
Best regards,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here for 8 days and after a lot of research online and with my Lonely Planet Maldives book (including back and forth with the very responsive resort representatives), we went for the full board package, and splurged on the jacuzzi water villas. We're not really all-inclusive people, but in order to be affordable, this is the route to go in the Maldives. We had an amazing time here.

The good: resort was very responsive to my email questions before we even booked, we booked really far in advance (8 months), our room was completely amazing - over the water, large room, free water and coffee and tea, we got a room in the 700s which I requested about a month in advance (we had 715 which faced east and was great given that the winds came from the west - also great for sunrises), could swim right from our room to the little coral reef that's closest to the island and that had amazing fish (we saw all kinds of fish, lots of sharks, rays, even a couple of small octopus), food was varied - lots of kinds for everyone and I especially enjoyed the Maldivian-themed buffet one night, gym facilities were good, and even though the island had a lot of guests, it didn't feel crowded. We also tried the a la carte Asian restaurant one day for lunch and had the entire place to ourselves (note that the portions are big here - we shared an appetizer, a main, and a desert and were fine). The service was great - the fellows in the restaurant took great care of us (note to management: please commend Ahmed and Ismail in the restaurant near the 700s!), we only waited about 30 mins at the airport for our boat transfer when we arrived, and all of our requests were accommodated and staff were really responsive. We went to the house reef twice on the free boat, and signed up the day in advance on the ipads in the lobby areas (if you're staying in the 700s on the north side of the island there is a reservation area and small gift shop where you can sign up and also check out of your room). The small coral reef at the north end of the island was fantastic, although by the afternoon it got busy and murky, but we got out in the mornings and saw plenty of reef sharks, rays, and even a couple of very small octopuses. We saw a turtle when we snorkeled at the house reef off the boat. The free wifi is also great. We also had breakfast delivered to our room on the last day so that we could enjoy our own bungalow right til the last minute and it was well worth it. They also offered a 15 minute massage when you came to the island and I was then suckered in to booking a 1 hour massage for myself later in the week, but in all honesty, it was a fantastic massage, and worth getting at the over the water spa, too.

We had a spectacular time here - the resort is really well run and responsive to your needs. I found it somewhat annoying that we needed to pay for drinks (I'm talking nonalcoholic) with our meals, but this was still cheaper for us than the all inclusive route. Transfers to and from the island were well organized. All staff were really friendly, too. I would definitely recommend Meeru.

Room Tip: I followed others' advice and requested a room in the adults' only 700s section about a mont...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank d_p_richards
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear d_p_richards,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and your detailed description of your holiday experience at Meeru Island Resort & Spa.
I had the pleasure to share it with my team and all were truly flattered by your comments on the service and the organization. Your comments made us really proud.
As you realized, it is a unique experience to stay in a Jacuzzi water Villa with the perfect view of the Indian Ocean surrounded by crystal clear water. I am glad to read that you had the chance to see all the varied marine life which makes your holiday even more special. It is also such a blessing for us to have a beautiful house reef and most of our guests thoroughly enjoy their experience of our daily snorkeling excursion which is also free of charge.
I am really happy to learn you loved the Maldivian theme night which is very special to my team, as they are proud to share their unique culture and lifestyle to our guests. That is the best way to start a culinary journey and then join our traditional Maldivian night with dances accompanied by the traditional “Boduberu”. You put a large smile on their face with your comment.
Most of all appreciate that you shared your memorable stay experience and your high recommendation. We can`t wait to have you back for another spectacular time.

My team and I wish you a Happy New Year and all the best for 2014!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

OK so if I could give 4.5 stars then I would have done so for Meeru and this is killing me because I had a slightly snobbish impression of Thomson "resort" islands. I had prior enquiries for the Taj Exotica and Banyan Tree but because of the Xmas season these were both full.....wow I am actually glad that I had the opportunity to see what Meeru had to offer.
There are so many positives. The beach front Jacuzzi Villa we had was most definitely beach front...in fact you had your own private beach literally on your doorstep, white sand, azure sea, think paradise beach and no more than 5 steps from your front door, sheer bliss.
The island itself is very green and the gardens are perfectly manicured in a way which looks wild but you know it is ordered to within the inch. The paths are also natural and wind you through the magnificent trees and plants with any buildings nicely blended into the environment.
The Villa itself is well decorated and classy, the AC works perfectly and everything has a luxury feel about it. What was even more amazing were the bathroom facilities, partly outdoor with a really great jacuzzi which was more than spacious for 2 people and absolutely private.
Service was also very friendly and very efficient. Our waiter was very good, always smiling and always happy to help out with anything.
The island itself offers a heap of opportunities to sunbathe and explore and even though it was full it felt very quiet which added to the feeling of serenity and relaxation. The beaches are absolutely stunning, the sea is a breathtaking colour. I also would add that by far the adult only areas for me where the best but then I don't have children and the pool for families was equally great if not a lot noisier.
So where does it lose its half a star?
OK the buffet breakfast/lunch/dinner was not great. I mean it wasn't bad but it wasn't great. It actually offered a lot of mediocre dishes and I felt it was lacking in vegetarian options (my partner is veggie). The Asian dishes consisted of just one dish and there was one fresh fish or meat product at the carvery section. I can see they are trying to accommodate all nationalities and I suppose at these kind of resorts you will find people with less adventurous tastes but for me it just took it down to 3 star resort standards, it reminded me of some of the package places in the Caribbean. Sorry Meeru. On the plus side we tried the A La Carte places that you have to pay for and these were of a very high standard and very reasonably priced especially the Asian Overwater restaurant.
Another negative which cannot be helped was the lack of house reef. I went on the snorkel trip and it was good and no more than 10 minutes away but it is a mile out to sea and could be intimidating to poor swimmers and the time limit you are given takes away that relaxed lazy enjoyment you get from snorkelling (I was constantly having to look up to check to see if the boat was still there and make sure I wasn't the only one floating out and about).
We also had a few check out problems as previous people have mentioned. In fact I think I paid 3 times for little things they had forgotten to put on the final bill, if you just stay calm and feel the Meeru relax mood then you just take it in your stride.
Overall a fantastic resort and certainly somewhere I would be more than happy to revisit, not quite perfection but as close as you will get for the price.

Room Tip: I would avoid the Garden Rooms as they seem way below the rest of the resort. The villas with Jacuz...
3  Thank Adrian B

Dear Adibrown,

Sunny Greetings from Meeru Island Resort & Spa!

Thank you for your nice review you have posted and for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us.
My team and I were happy to see that the charm of your Jacuzzi Beach Villa worked so beautifully on you. As you mentioned, it is a unique experience to enjoy an open bathroom, Jacuzzi area by night and your own private beach. Thank you also for your positive comment about our Asian Wok restaurant and more importantly our friendly service.
However I am disappointed to read you had some issues during your stay and we couldn`t exceed your expectation on the food in our buffet restaurant. I have also noted your comments on check out which has been investigated. It is not our normal standard. I have shared your feedback within my team in order to continue the training in these specific areas and I will take your suggestions into consideration for further improvement. Please be assured I have taken your comments really seriously because it should not be your last impression of your fantastic holiday.
Adibrown, we would be more than happy to welcome you back in the near future to show you our improvement. If I can anything do for your next visit, please let me know.

My team and I wish you a happy new year and all the best!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and i went here on our honeymoon from November 6th until the 17th 2013.

Well where to start? It has been what seems like an achingly long time since we were wandering around the paradise of this island when in fact it has only been 4 weeks, 10 days and 10 hours or thereabouts since our toes were pushing into the sands of Heaven.

I have told myself not to go on for too long in this review because believe me i could wax lyrical about this island for ages so i will try and cover everything as succinctly as possible... here goes.

Having booked a jacuzzi beach villa in January, we spent a lot of time looking at the reviews of the island as the months went by and as expected became all the more excited about our adventure. Perhaps even more so, in that neither have been lucky enough to travel as often or as far before. In truth there was also a certain amount of nerves, certainly as regards hoping that the island would be able to live up to the stunning photographs and experiences of other travellers. Could it really be as amazing as it looked? And so imagine the joy in my new wifes face approx. ten steps along the pier on arrival, as she spotted a reef shark and a shoal of fish gently meander through the crystal clear Indian Ocean just feet from the shore, against the most stunning backdrop of white sands, lush green palm trees and the bluest of blue skies. A wonderful introduction to Meeru which pretty much sets the tone of the island - beauty and wonder.

To get to the island you will travel by speedboat or to be more exact a small air conditioned tour boat which takes around fifty minutes as it makes its way past a few other islands. Incidentally, we waited approx an hour between arrival and getting on the boat but this is only to expected bearing in mind that the airport at Male only has one runway, so you may have to wait for other passengers to arrive, otherwise the exchange here was well organised. On arrival at Meeru we were welcomed on to the island by the staff and taken the short distance to one of the bars to meet our rep and get our keys not forgetting a cold towel and refreshing fruit cocktail. Again this was well organised and quickly done especially considering the range of nationalities that were arriving. Soon we were being transferred by buggy to our villa. Our villa, number 637, in the adult only end of the island was ideal with a four poster bed, small couch, tv, a/c and storage. With a decked wooden entrance and wooden interior, gently illuminated by the quirky lighting the villas nestle naturally into the palm trees which fill the centre of the island. The bathroom/toilet is found outside to the rear of the villa accompanied by a double sink and shower as well as a couple of sun loungers, jacuzzi and shaded area. We weren't sure how much we'd even use the jacuzzi given that the Indian Ocean is on your doorstep, but this is actually a lovely area to sit out in later at night with a cocktail in hand as you look up at the crystal clear starry night as the palm trees gently blow in the breeze. Initially we had booked a beach villa but changed our mind and upgraded in advance mainly for the extra space and in hindsight i think this was right.

The island itself... yes picture Perfect... Idyllic... Heavenly.... basically unless you happen to live on one of the worlds most beautiful natural habitats there is nothing not to love about this stunningly attractive sliver of land. Seriously, every day we wandered back outside you can't help but be surprised, again, at just how beautiful this place actually is.

One of the many benefits of this island is that it's one of the larger islands taking about 45mins to walk around. I don't think we ever managed a single walk around however as we generally stopped at the conveniently placed bars for either a wee cocktail or a truly wonderful Iced Coffee and speaking as a tea person they are a revelation. As others have pointed out there are options for those who want to be active such as water sports, tennis, pitch and putt whereas for the rest of us, the chilled out ambience of the entire location was exactly what we wanted. It's actually surprisingly just how much this island possesses because be it the sports sites or bars/restaurants more often than not you don't see them until you are actually on their doorstep which is due to the care taken in making sure that the island always has the feel that you are a million miles from anything. Very rarely did we walk along the beach and see more than a couple of other people.

And i said i would try not to go on!!! Its impossible not to though.

So apart from the glorious location there is also the wildlife. Lets get the rat comments clarified right away. We saw five one night while sitting outside of one bar having a drink and they were very cute as they chased each other around and up and down the trees and always scarpering away when anyone went closer to get a photograph. You will see plenty of little geckos, lizards amongst the trees, dragon flies galore, the island herons, hermit crabs, fruit bats flying overhead and normal crabs... and thats just the land. Whilst there we also thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try snorkelling for the first time. Now i have no great knowledge of whats good or bad as regards this activity but i can say that as a beginner we thoroughly enjoyed this and were able to see a wide variety of wildlife under the water and all in the safety of waist deep water where we swam with an array of colourful fish, some of which were fairly sizeable and did make us change direction fairly rapidly as well. Jacques Cousteau i am not! Importantly, there are information boards around to give you advice if you are nervous about the water and the dive school can provide short lessons, but we didn't bother and had a great time. Having bought a snorkelling set with flippers for £20 each in Glasgow we only used the goggles and snorkel and that was perfectly adequate for our needs.

Apart from a short kayaking trip around the island the only other trip we went on was the sunset punch cruise, twice in fact. And like most people we were only there to see dolphins. Unfortunately they didn't appear the first time although it was nice to see the island from the top of a boat in the ocean. The second time though they did appear and it really is one of those sights which does have a certain amount of magic to it so don't miss this trip if you are there.

This review is going on longer than even i expected... but onwards. In terms of food,we have nothing but praise for variety, choice and quality. We were allocated the Maalan restaurant, and each day there was a range of food to be had meat, fish, pasta and vegetarian dishes, all plentiful and all great. As for the desserts - if you have any desire to become diabetic then this is the place for you - just fab especially the passionfruit mousse. My wife is vegetarian and like myself never had any trouble with the food.

Finally but certainly not least, the staff. All of the staff around the island do a wonderful job in maintaining the islands natural beauty, and basically being incredibly knowledgeable about each and every guests needs without ever being intrusive. If you need anything or want to know anything just ask. Also, a special mention to our friend Hassan who made sure each meal was accompanied with fun and puzzles. I hope he's been proudly wearing the St.Johnstone top we gave him and enjoyed the holiday he had coming up?

We were unsure about tipping before going but were told by the rep that $15 for the room boy and the same for your waiter would be fine and to leave it at the end of your stay. We didn't stick to this, but thats personal choice but thats the amount we were told.

I don't think i will ever type such a lengthy review ever again and scarily i know that there is far more i could ramble on about!!!! If you are reading this in preparation for going then i am very very jealous and if you are still undecided then don't be, just go. We thought this would be a holiday of a lifetime - It was and so much more, in fact before we had left we were planning on going back for our fifth wedding anniversary. Or if the lottery should be kind....

Room Tip: We asked for the adults only end of the island and were very happy. 637 was just a ten second walk t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank john e

Dear John E.,

Season’s greetings from your Heaven!

First of Thank You! Like you, I almost do not know where to start after reading and sharing with my team your wonderful review. We really appreciate that you spent so long describing your stay with us. You indeed covered everything. Thank you for the amazing description you made of our little paradise, I would not have described it better myself, everything is there. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your Jacuzzi beach villa and as you said the Jacuzzi is a great plus even if our Beach villas are also lovely. It was a pleasure for us to make you discover our famous Iced coffee, it is indeed here a MUST to try. The size of the island is perfect for all types of guests. It allows us to offer a wide range of activities like the football games but on the contrary you can also just chill out if you wish. And as you mentioned you can easily get this feeling of being alone in the world on the beach since you would barely see other guests. I am glad to read that your first steps in snorkeling were a successful experience and that you discovered the beauty of the marine life that Meeru can offer.
All the staff and Hassan are grateful for your kind words… and for the top also. The entire team hopes you would be back soon and hopefully this time again you would see plenty of dolphins!

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2013

paradise on earth, I think the best resort on the Maldives. They will see me back for sure. Always book a waterbungalow, it's sensational. The restaurant is great to, loved the buffets . The staff ever so friendly

Room Tip: sea bungalow
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Basil123452013
WalterKaufmann, General Manager at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear Basil123452013,

Sunny greetings from your Paradise on earth!

Thank you so much for your kind words. We can’t wait to see you back then. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you have a specific request on the location of your water villa and we will try our best to satisfy your wish.
All the team is thankful and glad to read that you elected Meeru Island Resort and Spa the best resort in the Maldives.

See you soon and Happy New Year Basil!

Kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meerufenfushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Lankanfinolhu Island
Bandos Maldives
Bandos Maldives
#1 of 2 in Bandos

Been to Meeru Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!