My husband & I travelled at the end of September and it was an amazing experience from start to end. We were first-time international travellers and were a bit nervous about what to expect.
We arrived in Male late at night and spent our first night near the airport. They called Meeru that night when we landed to arrange our transfer the next morning. We arrived back at the airport the next morning where a representative was waiting for us. We were transported on a boat with about 30-40 other guests which took about an hour. Upon arrival we were greeted in the Kakuni bar where we were handed a cool towel and a fruit cocktail. Check-in took about 20 mins and was seamless.
During the next 6 nights we were there we couldn't fault the staff or the facilities and the attention to detail is amazing.
We had heard of many people receiving upgrades but decided to just book an overwater Jacuzzi villa and I am glad we did, it was a dream. The overwater villas are close together but private enough that we were not bothered by our neighbours. We could snorkel from our front deck, the walk back to the Pavillion bar and pool and even to the main reception and dining room was more like a short stroll. We stayed in Room 328 and that side of the island in September was calm and made for great snorkelling/swimming in the lagoon. The other side of the island was much more windy but was relief from the heat.
We fell in love with the Dhoni sunset bar location and staff, in particular Saeed, Waheed, Alwyn, Peny, Faris but especially Bandara. They greeted us with a handshake and a beaming smile everyday and they laughed and joked with us throughout our stay. They made our stay so much more enjoyable and made it very hard to leave. Didi at the Farivalhu Restaurant also looked after us at every meal and knew our drinks order after the first day.
There are plenty of activities to do; sunset punch cruise where we saw dolphins, house reef snorkelling, golf driving range, but if you just want to lounge by the beach or pool you will also love it.
We booked under the all inclusive plus and we felt it was good value.
We were most nervous about the timing due to monsoonal weather and only day 2 & 3 were overcast, cloudy and it rained a few times. This didn't dampen or spoil our trip as we still used the driving range, swam and relaxed by the bar.
We loved the night-time entertainment and there was something on every night - live bands, crab races, cocktail party on the beach, Maldivian Cultural night and a disco night with an awesome DJ on our last night. We were also there for the full moon dinner but we had dinner at the Hot Rocks Restaurant on that night by the infinity pool & beach. Of the hundreds of guests there we had the restaurant to ourselves that night. Unbelievable!
We don't have any complaints about our experience at Meeru, there is something for everyone and it really is what you make of it.
Thank you to everyone who made our stay enjoyable, we are hoping to be back one day. A job well done and a credit to all!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male' Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 60 hectares (105 acres). Your speedboat transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island