We went to The Meeru Resort for 7 days in June and wished we could have stayed longer!! This island is pure paradise. It is quite a large island compared to other resorts in the Maldives which means there are better facilities and more things to do during your stay at the resort. We booked a Jacuzzi Water Villa and it was amazing and so spacious. We had a front deck and back deck where your jacuzzi is sitting. The great thing about the Jacuzzi Watervillas is you can just walk down your steps, pop on your snorkelling gear and get to witness lots of sea life from beautiful coloured and very unusual fish, black tip reef shark (very tame),stingray and lots more! The snorkelling here is amazing!!
The food at the resort is excellent and such a fantastic choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Buffet Restaurant. Our main waiter Marfaan in the buffet restaurant was very polite and friendly throughout our stay at Meeru. We also spent alot of evenings at The Pavilion Bar as it was located beside our Jacuzzi Water Villa. The staff here were very friendly,polite and great fun to be around. The barmaid Nella & barman Shareef were always smiling and were such a delight to see every morning on our way to breakfast and evening. We even nicknamed the bar Nella's Bar as Nella was always there and such great fun.
It was my Husbands birthday during our stay and we decided to book the Teppanyaki Table on the night of his birthday at the Asian Wok Restaurant. I cannot highly recommend this restaurant enough, we had such an enjoyable evening. Our Chef Trevin was a true gentleman and did an excellent job and the food was so tasty!! Well done Trevin! Our wonderful waiter Rainzy looked after us very well and finished off our night with a beautiful chocolate birthday cake and we all sang Happy Birthday to my Husband. We thoroughly enjoyed our night here!
The over-water spa is definitely a must do if you can...we booked a couples massage at the over-water spa which was very reasonable and a very relaxing experience, you can watch the fish and mini-sharks swim by as you face down looking through this amazing glass floor beneath you.
If you are thinking about going to The Maldives, Meeru is definitely the resort to go for. Meeru has so much to offer and the Staff are so friendly and happy here...we can't wait to return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only resort on the island of Meeru, North Male' Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 60 acres. Your speedboat transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island