Well, having been to the Maldives before, staying at the Filhalhohi resort, we thought it would be hard to match, we couldn't have been more wrong. Meeru just blew away our expectations.
Firstly, its fair to say we did book at the last minute saving £2k.
Everything about the island is excellent, well managed & a friendly atmosphere.
The food was just superb, we ate in the north restaurant and took great pleasure in seeing what Sasi the live chef was making for the day. More often then not, eating what he was cooking. Thats not to say the buffet food wasn't good, it was amazing.
Our Waiter, Ali was mad as a hatter, funny and friendly, the stories he told, he could write a book with.
The rooms were very nice indeed, we had the Beach Jacuzzi Villa, though the jacuzzi didnt work very well, we spend all of our time snorkelling and didn't want to jacuzzi much anyway.
The beaches were beautiful, however something which is out of the islands control was the amount of rubbish that appeared on the west beaches, in the 2nd week left a bit to be desired. I have to say that the island did control this very well and had regular beach cleaning patrols.
Plenty to do on the island from Canoeing, wind surfing, driving range, snooker, pool & cycling, though you had to hire the bikes which I found odd as you could cycle around the island in less than 10 mins. Surely this would have been better to be free...
The snorkelling on the island wasn't too bad, we found 2 main reefs on the island, a long 100m reef just west of the north restaurant and a smaller reef just east of the north Spa villa. Snorkelling under the water huts was best on the island. The north water villas had many Rays and some sharks, the East water villas had an abundance of smaller fish along with some sharks and hugh 3ft fish. The best was on the house reef, which you could take a twice daily boat to, free of charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only resort on the island of Meeru, North Male' Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 60 acres. Your speedboat transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island