Our first trip to the Maldives and my husband and I couldn't fault a thing. Mixed reviews online always make you worried but if anyone had cause to complain
they must be the most picky people ever. Speedboat transfer both ways was comfortable, and greeting at resort was friendly welcome cocktail and cold towel much needed after long flight, quick check in and buggy ride to north end of Island to our villa. We had a sunset side jwv which was more than perfect, plenty of room, private terrace with sea views and able to watch the amazing sea life day and night ( we slept outside one night which was amazing), jaccuzi with amazing views of sea and sunsets. North end Restaurant was wonderful and our waiter Ahmed was a lovely chap, great food selection for breakfast,lunch and dinner and drinks, cocktails, beers and wine with all inc plus was great. Bar staff were very friendly and attentive ( not so much in south end ) . Rooms were cleaned daily if required and turn down service at night which was a nice touch. Reception staff not so good but we didn't really need them so not that worried. Not much in the way of evening entertainment but each bar had a lovely relaxed feel to spend time after dinner just chatting and taking in the evening views whilst listening to some cool music. The only trip we did was the Sunset punch cruise, don't expect to get drunk as only had one drink but the focus for us as weather was bad that night was
seeing the dolphins... Amazing! Free trip on AIP so well worth it. For us it was the perfect chill out holiday we wanted, good accomadation, food drink, weather, staff. Couldn't ask for more, loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male' Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 60 hectares (105 acres). Your speedboat transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island