We booked Meeru for our honeymoon, had booked them 6 months prior to our honeymoon with Hayes and Jarvis. I had done a lot of reserch on the maldives and meeru stood out as being one of the best resorts. Therefore we paid a considerable amount of money to stay in a JWV for 8 nights on Full Board package...
As it was our honeymoon I emailed the holiday prior to our visit to confirm our room and let them know we wanted our JWV from day 1 as Id heard of the overbooking nightmares. So imagine our surprise when we got the hotel and were told we were being downgraded to a beach villa for 2 nights as no JWV were available? The receptionist that signed us in wasnt interested or bothered with the fact that it was our honeymoon and we wanted the room that we paid for. She considered it adequate that we offered $210 dollars per night free and and an upgrade to All In as adequate compensation for the downgrade. When we told her we didnt want the compensation just the room we had paid for as we were only there for a short period... she shrugged walked off and tried offering us a better deal.... no apology or no hint of remorse... lets just say we were pretty unhappy with the start of our holiday!
We decided to move into the beach villa (225) as we had no other option and this was nice and clean but not ideally located. One thing we noted was that the room wasnt cleaned often enough.... our room boy only came once in the evening and after we called 3 times for it to get cleaned in the beach villas...
When we finally moved into our Jacuzzi Water Villa (716)....it was amazing! Very clean, tidy and really nice decorated. I would definately recommend booking one of these rooms if you can.... we saw lots of fish, sharks and turtles from our balcony and some really nice sunsets too.
The resort itself was very nice and well maintained. The waiter we had (Fazool) in the Malaan restaurnant was excellent as were the chefs and the quality of the food. Bar service was fast, efficient and friendly too.... so we were very happy with that aspect of the resort.
The only excursion we did was the sunset cruise and that was a good laugh and we saw lots of dolphins.
Overall, Meeru is a very nice resort and the staff are very friendly. The reception/ check in service,however, really lets it down and doesnt give a good first impression especially when you pay over £5000! They need to improve this aspect of things and solve the overbooking issue.... if this can be resolved then I'd give it 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male' Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 60 hectares (105 acres). Your speedboat transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island