We just came back from Meeru and all I can say is a paradise!
The island is beautiful. You can walk around in about 45 minutes. We were there from 2nd to 14th of May and stay in beach villa in 400's. We did request room there before we came and we were very happy from the location. This part of the island is the best for us. We spent days near Pavilion pool and bar, snorkeling near JWV 300's and just had relax on the beach and evenings in the Dhoni bar, where were the best staff ever. They made my days! Thanks for best service, especially for Ferdinand!
Farivalhu restaurant was very good. Our waiter was very nice and helpful. Food was just so perfect. There is no much choice of it but everybody will find something for yourself. Bread, soup, omelette, chicken and some desserts were to die for. The bad point is that I put on weight there :)
I tried some cocktails (Maldivian dream, Tropical Paradise, Sweet dream) and desserts not from all inclusive and well was so good! Worth spend an extra money.
We went for 3 excursions. Firstly we were on "Hopping Island" trip where we visit 2 local islands, 1 picnic island with great place for snorkeling and 1 resort "Paradise Island". It was nice to see how the local people lives and work and also compare Meeru with another resort. We really enjoyed this excursion. Secondly we went for "Sunset punch cruise" which was for free if you are all inclusive. We were a bit disappointed as we saw only 3 dolphins but we enjoy this trip as well. And the last one was a "House reef" excursion where we saw beautiful natural reef with lots of colourful fishes.
One of the best experience on the island was the overwater SPA. I had 2 treatments- Moisturizing Coconut Cocoon and Coconut Hair Mask and both were fabulous! The lady made such a great job and after the treatments I felt so relaxing and pretty.
Also we met a lovely people in Meeru, not only the staff but also we made friends with another two couples and we had a wonderful time together.
I will just complain about our room boy as the standard of cleaning was very poor. He just made a bed, swept the floor and left new towels. Everywere was a lot of dust and desks and floor were sticky and dirty. We did complain about that to reception and after that was better but still it wasn't 4 star standard. Luckily we didn't spend too much time in our villa and it didn't affect our stay. Besides the room looks very well. Our bed was comfortable. There is everything you need. They fill up daily your shower gel, shampoo and conditioner and also fridge with soft drinks, water, sweets and alcohol.
I know people complaint about the rats but we saw just 2 in the evening in the middle of the island and they were so little and cute so don't be scared. They are harmless.
I forgot to say: you don't need to take any shoes! The sand is everywhere and it is so nice feeling.
We engaged in Meeru, had a wonderful time and it will be always in our memory. I hope we will come back there for our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male' Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 90 acres. Your speedboat transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island