my wife and I stayed on Meeru for our honeymoon and we had a great time. We originally had booked a beach jacuzzi villa on full board. One gripe I do have is that my wife doesn't drink alcohol, so it didn't make sense for us to go on all inclusive, so we had to pay for all of our drinks. This was remedied half-way into our stay because there seemed to be a problem with the bookings of the rooms, and one of the staff asked if they could have our room for the night and if we minded going on a boat for one of the cruises. My wife and I had looked at the cruises when we arrived, but they were for 2 nights and we only really wanted to spend our honeymoon relaxing so we didn't want to do them, but this was for one night - I could also sense their desperation so asked if we could be upgraded to a jacuzzi water villa on the east side as well as all inclusive when we returned, and they were only happy to oblige - so that was a great delight for us, as we could see sharks and stingrays and all kinds of fish just off our back door.
The snorkling at the island on the cruise was so awesome - we saw a turtle, heaps of fish and one of our guides said he saw a big shark (that's a good thing if you ask me - I wish I saw it!) the staff on the cruise were also really friendly, although Areef cheats at Uno.
The food on Meeru is also pretty good as well - it is a little shame sometimes, because they have the freshest fish however because they are cooking such large quantities, the quality isn't what you may hope for, but it is passable. I was also concerned that being in the Maldives would mean a premium on bacon or pork products as their is with alcohol - this was not the case, really good bacon. I would also recommend the lamb chops as well. Our waiter Mousa was really friendly.
The only other critique I would have is that reception always seemed really busy, and was perhaps under-staffed. some would say that parts of the island were too windy or noisy, but the island is such that you can find a quiet/sunny/shaded/active area no matter what your fancy.
All in all, we had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male' Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 60 hectares (105 acres). Your speedboat transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island