“A Neighborhood Gem!”

Cafe Porto Bello
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

While visiting my cousin and her family in North Attleboro, we were treated to dinner at this great little restaurant, five minutes from their house. What a wonderful little neighborhood gem! Oh, it was a nice evening. The food was excellent and my sister in law went on and on about the penne a la vodka. I had eggplant parmigiana and it was very good. But the best dish of the evening was the jumbo, really good cannoli with pistachios on one end and chocolate chips on the other, it was to die for! We had a fun experience with great service and it became a very memorable evening. However, there is one thing that puzzles me, how could such a good restaurant have such bad bread? The bread was like Wonder bread with a tough crust! I really believe a cute Italian restaurant with such good food should have great bread. The dip for the bread was strange tasting and I think they need to rethink these items! If I am ever invited back to MA, I want to eat here, again!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Porto Bello

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went in for dinner at 6 last night. Fortunately it was not busy I have eaten here in the past when busy and the sound level is unpleasant. Our server was attentive and very pleasant throughout our leisurely three hour dinner. I had the special shrimp dish, it was prepared Francese with angel hair, it was excellent. My friend enjoyed the chicken Cacciatore. It was a great place on a Monday evening to catch up, our water glasses were filled repeatedly and we were not rushed. I would definitely go back on a quiet night.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Service was horrible, our server spent most of her time chatting with the hostess, I had to get up and ask her if we could place our initial wine order. We sat for 10 minutes while she chatted up the hostess so I got tired of waiting and really wanted a glass of wine. The restrooms were horrific. Food was expensive and marginal. Wont be back. With a little work, this could be a nice place....just lazy staff.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Right in the heart of N.Attleboro this resturant is great for a good Italian meal.The dishes are not over garnished and well made with love!! The veal is one of my favorites but its all good!! The wait staff is very nice and professional and the manager know simply as TJ is very good and knows his stuff from wine to top shelf scotch and is qiuck to serve you a drink!!I love this place and I find the place very clean and the way the kitchen is open for all to see realy says alot!!! I have had meals at the top Italian resturant and payed big money too this place will serve you a good meal for a good deal and thats what is all about!! Thats why I say CAFE BELLA

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I took my Mom for lunch a couple weeks back to Cafe Porto Bello. I hadn't been there in years but remember it was good the last time I went. When we sat down and ordered I was very surprised at the cleanliness of the restaurants. The hardwood floors were not only in rough shape but they were also pretty dirty. As I continued to look around I found more and more that was dirty including the windows which had dead bugs around them. It just looked run down and needing some large improvements. The cafe was also very empty for lunch which also concerned me. We were in fact the only customer for most of our time there. The service as far as the server was good. She was friendly and attentive but the time to receive the food was excessive. It took around 45 minutes to receive our food. The chicken parm I ordered was average. It was obviously not freshly made and the pasta sauce was a little sour. I would not return again anytime soon.

1  Thank SeverusAlexander