“Great food, less than great service”

Bella Sarno Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food, less than great service”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here this past Friday night with my boyfriend. Live around the corner and found some great reviews online and decided to test them out. We were sat right away in the dining room where we could still hear the love musician in the bar side. This was a plus as she sang great music! We were greeted by someone who dropped off a bread basket with three small discs of bread about the size of a half dollar. The oil and garlic to dip was extremely bland. Eventually we were greeted by our server who made us both feel rather uncomfortable with a blank stare and bizarre smile. We ordered a pitcher of "The best sangria ever" which was true to it's title. I ordered chicken parm with house made pasta and pink sauce while my boyfriend ordered Alfredo ($16) and added chicken ($6). I am not opposed to paying the price for delicious food but $16 dollars for a bowl of pasta with no broccoli or meat is kind of silly to me. Anyways, the dinners both came with salads topped with their house creamy Parmesan dressing. The dressing was pretty flavorless but fine. While waiting for our food the gentleman who greeted us brought us more bread, this time with butter. After a long wait, maybe 25-30 minutes our food was served. My chicken parm was delicious, and so was the side of home made pasta and pink sauce. The portions were pretty generous. My boyfriend, who never expresses any sort of opinion, good or bad, about anything was beyond disappointed with his meal. The Alfredo sauce tasted like a big pile of plain old heavy cream. There was no hint of butter or cheese or even salt, just milky pasta. Anyways, we ate, drank the pitcher of sangria, and waited. Finally the boy with the bread from earlier boxed up my meal (my boyfriend did not take his home as it was pretty bad) and we waited. Finally our waitress came over with that bizarre stare and smile and left the check. Overall, I am eager to return based on my meal but will avoid the Alfredo and this waitress like the plague!

North Attleboro
“Good Meal”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went to dinner on a Tuesday night and they have a 2 for $30 price fixed menu. There was 3 of us and they allowed us to take advantage of this special. We all had eggplant parm with a more than generous family style side of penne. The meal included a glass of wine and a salad. Their sauce is really, really good. Still have issues with their bread. Not really very good Italian bread. It seems like such a easy fix, but over all food was very good.

• Visited March 2013
Bristol County, MA
“Very tasty entrees”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Italian restaurants are fairly common - Bella Sarno stands out.
Many Italian style restaurants offer large portions that are enough for a couple of meals. Or flavorful entrees that make you want more. Bella Sarno entrees are both. I ordered one of my Italian favorites, chicken parmigiana. The entree arrived, filling the plate, and the pasta was on the side.

The pasta deserves a special mention as it is home made and you can tell the difference between that and dried pasta from a box. The only downside is that the pasta comes family style. I didn't ask but I don't know what they would do if members in a party wanted different style pastas. (a small issue)

The only downside was the desserts. The dessert menu was limited and, while good, were not as fresh as their pasta. A place like this should offer warm desserts as a follow up to a great meal.

With a varied menu and friendly wait staff this should be your next choice for a night out.

• Visited January 2013
New England
“Great restaurant in an area where there aren't many good Italian restaurants!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We recently heard that the owners of Pat's Italian restaurant in Johnston, opened Bella Sarno in North Attleboro on Route 152. As this is near our home, we were very excited to hear that because 1) we LOVE Pat's Italian and 2) there aren't a lot of really good "non-chain" restaurants near our home.

Well, we decided to try it out to celebrate my brother -in-law's brithday. There were 5 of us, on a Saturday night, and we will definitely be going back!

Bella Sarno was terrific! After a short wait of about 5 minutes for the 5 of us, we were treated to delicious Italian food, with home made pasta in a very comfortable atmosphere. Three of us had the Bracciole, which was terrrific! It could have been a bit more tender, but the flavor and the pasta sauce and the home made pasta was delicious! Bracciole is hardly ever on restaurant menus, except, occasionally as a special, so to have it on as regular item is a plus for me.My two other bracciole fans also enjoyed theirs.

One of us had the chicken marsala and she said it was very tender and delicious. And, another had the nightly special of tilapia puttanesca with home made pasta and she loved it.

All entrees come with soup or salad and the salad was large enough (not a tiny "side" salad) and fresh and cold. We tried the chocolate cake for dessert which was also good!

Service was prompt and not pushy. There was time between courses, which I love since I hate to be rushed or have my main course arrive when I am still eating my salad.

They have a great wine list and I had a delicious DaVinci Chianti.
the prices are very reasonable and the portions are large. We all took home 'doggie bags".

So, we know we will be back and will be taking our friends.
If you are in the neighborhood, it's definitely worth the trip. And, if you live North of Providence, but don't want to go to Lucianos' (which is excellent, but more dressy) for Italian, you should make a trip to Bella Sarno. You won't regret it! It's delicioso!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank brebeans
Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Service too slow”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

While the food was good the service was incredibly slow.To wait 20 minutes to be offered a drink is way too long.The same with our food order..they say it's because everything is cooked to order but still too long for us.

Visited August 2012