“great food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Buono Bistro
Ranked #17 of 75 Restaurants in North Andover
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Fine italian dining, full bar, romantic atmosphere, live music on weekends, take out available for lunch and dinner, extensive wine and martini selection, reservations accepted.
north andover
“great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

My date and I both chose the margarita chicken. I had mine with roasted potatoes and a vegetable medley and my date had hers with pasta. The sauce is what made this dish so great. It was made with grand marnier, Orange zest and maybe lemon. Our waiter was very attentive during the meal but I had to go looking for him to get the check.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

North Andover, Massachusetts
“Something new this past year..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Very impressed with quality and if you like orzzo it is a must.

Visited February 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Everything was bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

we'd eaten here once before and were pleased, so decided to have sat. night dinner here. We arrived and were told we would have to wait. Surprising since we could see open tables, but we didn't have reservations and assumed the tables were reserved. Then overheard staff talking about "VIPs" and holding tables for VIPs. Don't know who is considered a VIP in this restaurant, but this is not the type of place that I might choose to visit if i were someone of such status. Nonetheless, after waiting more than 30 minutes and seeing customers leave but none arrive, we were finally seated. We ordered scallops wrapped in bacon and tomato, mozzarella, basil appetizers. The tomatoes were anemic and sliced in uneven chunks, as though a child had thrown them on the plate. The mozzarella was fine but there was no basil on the plate - there were sprinkles of oregano. Not inedible, but not what it was supposed to be. A young woman delivered a metal dish of what I thought looked like snails. They were burnt scallops. Our server came over and cringed when he saw the dish. He said that he'd seen the plate in the kitchen and it should never have come out because it was burnt. He took the plate and promised to get a new order. It arrived shortly before our entrees. I ordered a rib eye, got a strip steak. Ordered it cooked medium, it arrived grey and overcooked. I could tell as soon as it was placed on the table. When the server asked if I'd like to cut into it to make sure that it was cooked to my liking, I agreed. When I had difficulty cutting it to it as it was obviously overdone and dried out, I told him that it was overcooked. His reply: "I can take it back and have them throw it on the grill for a few mintues if you'd like." I was stunned and as I was responding, he walked away. Hello??? I couldn't believe it. I tried one bite and couldn't chew it, it stayed on the plate. Spouse's entree was a seafood special. The dish looked well put together with a variety of seafoods and a lobster claw rising up and out of the dish. However, when the claw was cracked, it was pink and slimy - it was raw. It had never seen a pan, never mind been in one. It was disgusting. Server returned and saw my steak still on the plate and inquired. When he finally took a look at my plate he realized the problem. He was very apologetic and asked if he could get me another. I declined, said that I was all set. He responded that he would have another steak cooked and packed to go. When he saw the lobster claw, he also cringed and asked what the problem was with our table since this had not happened at any other tables that night. Sure. Took the seafood away and offered dessert. We declined, asked for the check. Insisted we couldn't leave, dessert would be on him. Well, since we were using a gift certificate from restaurant . com, his offer wouldn't make much difference to our bottom line. We agreed to two cups of tea and two slices of cake. Tea arrived first - two cups of water and two wrapped Lipton tea bags. My spouse asked if my water was hot, it was warm. Spouse's water was cold, as in tap water cold. Unbelievable! We didn't even bother to bring this to the server's attention, it was futile at that point. Cake arrived and no surprise when I bit into first piece and had a mouth full of paper. I spit it out and when server came over and saw cake still on my plate, approached slowly and said please don't tell me.... yup, the cake was no better than the rest of the meal. I told him that at this point, we were beyond unhappy, I was about ready to lose my stomach. The raw lobster was something that nearly caused me to vomit, and I don't think I recovered from that. He was apologetic and offered to give us his business card. I asked if this was for me to call him from the emergency room. He chuckled and said I was "cute"...... ????? Really??? I was serious, and a bit insulted. He presented the bill, we left the money and included a 20% tip as the poor food quality was not his fault, but in hindsight this was overly generous given his lack of listening skills. Being apologetic was one thing, but at some point someone needed to get into that kitchen and give them a wake up call. The server said the restaurant was very busy and apparently overwhelmed. The kitchen area is open and as I viewed it while leaving, it looked like a small group of frowning, disinterested people who were simply going through the motions. Hard to believe that anyone can mess up every single course, and so badly. Overcooked meat, raw fish, cold water, etc etc. What a waste of time and money. I left here feeling nauseous and would never return.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank reesecat
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good value for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

Had a great lunch of Chicken Parm with ziti & my partner had Chicken Cacciatore with linguine. Lunch portion sizes were ample. The warm oven-baked bread served with seasoned oil was tasty. Note to restaurants serving warm bread is a plus! Our server was attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is very cozy with a separate bar area. It’s not a large restaurant so I would consider making reservations for dinner.

• Visited March 2012
Middleton, Massachusetts
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I went there with 4 girlfriends and we had a great dining experience...I read the other reviews and had the opposite experience..Wait staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was reasonably priced and very good. I had the eggplant with a side of meatballs-yummy...Definately try it!!!

Visited February 2012