“You'll pay for the ambience”
Review of Brewhaha

Brewhaha
Ranked #8 of 59 Restaurants in North Adams
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Home style cooking and baking in a cosmopolitan setting. Serving sides of jazz, Berkshire street life and light cafe fare.
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a lovely, relaxing independent coffee shop. A nice option if you're not a fan of chains. However, a light breakfast for 4 should not cost almost $40! Our party of 4 ordered, in total -
2 bagels
1 bialy breakfast sandwich
2 muffins
1 latte
1 coffee
1 water
1 fruit smoothie
Everything was fresh and delicious, but so overpriced.
Grand total? $36+ plus a few bucks for the tip jar.
Next time, we'll find a diner.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

One of the only coffee shops in town, I think this place is popular for that reason. The food is expensive and the guy behind the counter is rude. The ONLY reason I come here is for the internet, but not even that is worth the visit being that half the time, it's down.

On the plus side, they offer meals that are not your ordinary. The food is more "chic" than good. Just not impressed. The one other bright side is that the ladies that work there are friendly.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Even though I return to my hometown every summer, this was the 1st year I've ventured through the doors of BrewHaHa. I am not a coffee drinker and the name lead me to believe it was a coffee shop. Luckily, a smart uncle dragged me and my kids in for lunch one day. They have a great menu of lunch items, plus a huge selection of coffee and non coffee drinks. I ordered a grilled cheese with tuna, aka tuna melt, which is something I can't easily come by in my Southern city. Not only was it great, I will honestly say it was the best I've ever had. So good, in fact, that I had to go back 2 more times this trip to have it. They are well known, I found out after the fact, for their seafood chowder. With good reason. My 2 year old couldn't get enough. Over all, our entire party of 4 adults and 2 kids left our 1st, 2nd and 3rd visits very, very satisfied. My only regret is that I hadn't investigated this great restaurant sooner!

Small con: Counter service- the order process is a little slow because they write everything down and then ring it up, but the food comes out hot and freshly made in a reasonable amount of time. It's not super cheap but the quality of the ingredients backs up the prices. This isn't Subway and you don't want it to be!

Reviewed July 20, 2010

I recently moved North Adams and have become a frequent Brewhaha customer. The first time I went in their it was a sensory overload. There's always a fantastic mix of music playing, the place smells amazing, and the owner has stuffed every corner with something to look at. You can tell a lot of time and thought has gone into the place and it has a very personal feel. Sometimes it will be jam-packed and other times you can just quietly enjoy a book. It's true the wait can be a little longer then other places...but it's well worth it. The menu is vegetarian friendly and the breakfasts lasts all day. Try the breakfast wrap or the huge pancake and add some of the best home fries ever. Also the muffins are to die for...seriously. Let them grill it.

If you're close to poor like me then a whole wheat bagel with fresh garlic scallion cream cheese and a mug of hot coffee is the perfect snack and comes in just under $5

Now I've worked up an appetite...
...wonder where I'll go...

1  Thank Littlecitylivin
Reviewed May 8, 2010

More a morning breakfast place for a bagel and a coffee than anything else. Ordered the small salad and cup of soup for lunch.... $11 and change. Salad was sparse and split pea soup was tasteless. Don't mind paying for good food but this lunch was a joke. Way too.. "Nose Up In The Air" for my taste. I live in town and don't eat here much. Now I know why.

2  Thank sdemo66