“do not eat here”

Cuisines: Chinese
rarotonga
“do not eat here”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I ate in this place about 8 years ago and it was great. So now back in town I invited relatives to join my family and myself for dinner there. It was totally different: It is a self service all-you-can-eat restaurant with hardly any food to choose from. What they did have did not look at all appetizing. There were 9 of us and every one of the group was disappointed at the quantity and quality of the food served.

• Visited August 2013

New York
“The most awful restaurant I ever stepped foot in”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stopped in to get some "to-go" from the buffet while passing through town. They charge by the pound like most Chinese buffets for to-go orders. First of all, there was NO FOOD! They only had two tables of food and all of the trays were either totally empty or only had a very small amount left in them. The restaurant had only about ten people eating, so I don't understand why they were out of food. I almost walked out, but decided to try a spring roll and some fried rice with a steamed wonton, just to get something in my stomach. I couldn't even eat it. Rice was cold and the rest was undercooked. Rubbery hard wonton wrapper and spring roll was not fried all the way through and the stuffing was disgusting. I threw it all out and ended up getting McDonald's drive thru which was sadly a huge improvement in culinary artistry. Never again.

• Visited March 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“China Buffet-Delivers The Goods...Supoib!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Buffet served in China Buffet the day we went was extremely delicious and beyond what we expected for our family dining experience. This is good Cantonese food at a bargain price.The dishes to choose from seemed never ending. They ranged from the tasty Traditionally familiar to the surprisingly scrumptious...fish, shrimp, chicken,lobster sauce,vegetarian delights ... and a light, delicious Duck Sauce too. For only 10 dollars a person and All You Can Eat, this place is a GEM. Your taste buds will be delighted. Superb.

• Visited November 2012
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“fair price, good selection, but not grade A”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

You get what you pay for. $6-$9 all you can eat. Lots of space. Clean. A typical chinese restaurant atmosphere. Nothing fancy. If you want better chinese I suggest going to a non buffet restaurant. If you want to leave full for under $10 here you go.

• Visited August 2012
Valatie, New York
“Sorry but nobody can make me go there again”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Buffet food labels were handwritten sloppily and placed over the wrong food. A worker was standing right outside the front door, smoking as we entered. I think it was the owner. It seemed dirty. I wanted to cry. Can't believe I paid for it and even worse, that the food entered my body. Yuck.

Visited November 2011