“A North Adams must see!”

Jack's Hot Dog Stand
Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in North Adams
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Do not miss this Noth Adams eatery. Small, not fancy, limited seating. Great hotdogs, price point $. Eat in or take out you will not be dissapointed.

1  Thank Alan B

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I can't really add any more than has already been said by others. Some corrections I would make 1.) the dogs are not tiny. There is a tradition of tiny hotdogs in the area and Jacks are not them, 2.) they are not the best dogs ever. If somebody thinks that, it is sad. 3.) the place is so small I have a hard time believing there are really 12 stools in the place.

Normally I would not plug another reviewer’s opinion, but I think dpskayak’s (January 2013) review of Jacks is really good. Don't go for the food, go for the experience!! The food is good, prices are great, but it is the atmosphere and interactions of staff and patrons that make a visit to Jack’s so memorable.

My only advice for anybody going there for the first time – don’t go during the lunch rush. That’s almost too much experience.

1  Thank Escarcha
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've been eating in Jack's since my dad took me there when I was too small to climb up on the stool. I take a trip there every time I find myself within an hours drive of North Adams. I've yet to find a place to compare it to.

1  Thank robert h
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is your typical "local" place. There was 8 of us taking up most of the 12 seats n the place & it cost less than $25.00! We LOVE this place. The grands all insist on going to Jack's!

1  Thank Karen J
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great burgers on steamed buns! It was like stepping back in time. We couldn't believe they're still charging 1950s prices there! Great guys behind the counter.

1  Thank Beth H