What hasn't already been said? This place is a dump.
Some low-lights from my stay:
1. Being told by the "manager" (who was some guy of south Asian descent who was clearly intoxicated) that the only thermostat for the whole complex was in the room I was staying in, and asking me to turn the heat down to 60 before I left. I was in such a hurry to get the hell out of there the next morning I'm sure I forgot.
2. The shower/bathroom looked like something that belonged outdoors at a campsite. It looked like it was cobbled together with 2x4's (along with flimsy sheets of plastic in the shower itself), with exposed piping anywhere.
3. Beds that looked like they hadn't had their linens washed in weeks. This alone should have been a deal breaker, but unfortunately I was exhausted and not thinking right.
4. Not being able to sleep AT ALL (despite being so tired I could hardly think, which is the sole reason I decided to stay in this cesspit rather than just taking one look at it, writing the $47 I paid for the room off, and leaving immediately) because some hee-haw who was probably hopped up on crank plus had 3 teeth left his truck idling outside all night and was yelling at his girlfriend/hooker/kidnap victim/whatever she was.
5. Leaving the next morning with an excruciating migraine from the horrible air in the room as well as a lack of sleep.
HIGHLY recommended for your next romantic getaway.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Redwood Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Redwood Hotel North Adams