“Go somewhere else. Sleep in your car. Anything other than staying here.”
Review of Redwood Motel

and 1 more site!
Redwood Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in North Adams
Reviewed December 1, 2012

What hasn't already been said? This place is a dump.

Some low-lights from my stay:

1. Being told by the "manager" (who was some guy of south Asian descent who was clearly intoxicated) that the only thermostat for the whole complex was in the room I was staying in, and asking me to turn the heat down to 60 before I left. I was in such a hurry to get the hell out of there the next morning I'm sure I forgot.

2. The shower/bathroom looked like something that belonged outdoors at a campsite. It looked like it was cobbled together with 2x4's (along with flimsy sheets of plastic in the shower itself), with exposed piping anywhere.

3. Beds that looked like they hadn't had their linens washed in weeks. This alone should have been a deal breaker, but unfortunately I was exhausted and not thinking right.

4. Not being able to sleep AT ALL (despite being so tired I could hardly think, which is the sole reason I decided to stay in this cesspit rather than just taking one look at it, writing the $47 I paid for the room off, and leaving immediately) because some hee-haw who was probably hopped up on crank plus had 3 teeth left his truck idling outside all night and was yelling at his girlfriend/hooker/kidnap victim/whatever she was.

5. Leaving the next morning with an excruciating migraine from the horrible air in the room as well as a lack of sleep.

HIGHLY recommended for your next romantic getaway.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Bill C

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The first night we stayed 2 North Adams police cruisers paid a visit to an adjacent
room. Never did find out details for the visit, but complaints from an unsatisfied
customer would be a good guess. The second day there we returned to the room
to find: overflowing wastebaskets, unmade beds, unvacuumed floor, dirty towels
only. I was able to take a pile of clean towels that the proprietor had left unguarded
in the motel office. This place should be shut down.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Carl S
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The owner of this motel will cheat you any way he can. We paid for two nights and wanted clean towels the second night. Not motel policy!! How cheap can you get?

No maid service, no drinking cups, insufficient light ... We can only echo others' sentiments.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank Bob M
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The other reviews are spot on. I'll tell you the punchline upfront: Didn't stay there even though the room was prepaid.. Here's the color commentary: The bad feeling started the minute I drove into the empty parking lot--it's high season in the Berkshires. After calling the telephone number of the remote owner, being told there was no reservation (if only that were true), having to produce the paperwork... the onsite "manager" --using the word extremely loosely --brought us to a room. I immediately went into allergy red alert: the room reeked of of what smelled to me like mold and if wasn't mold, nothing I wanted to be smelling in any case. Walked out to request another room and noticed the doorknob was loose. The "manager" was still out in the parking lot. Told him that the room smelled and that the doorknob was loose. He went over to the door to give the knob a try and the entire mechanism literally came out in his hand. The stuff of reality TV, if it's not your reality. Room #2 had one very, very ratty towel and bugs in the sink. Thank goodness there were vacancies elsewhere. I was prepared to sleep in my car rather than be up close and personal with whatever might be doing in those beds. This place wins "the worst" award, hands down..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank Diane R
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have traveled all over the country and have stayed at many places around the world. This place is the WORST! It is absolutely disgusting. The owner is this guy who answer an out of state phone number left on the front desk, doesn't give his name, is incredibly unpleasant and is completely unwilling to see reason about the filth he is renting out. The one person who works on site and passes out room keys said the following, "I don't even know who I work for. It's just a bunch of guys who don't ever come here. I would never recommend that anyone stay here. You aren't the first person to refuse to stay, and you aren't the last." The rooms smell disgusting, the TV's don't work, the beds are filthy and the bathrooms are grotesque. It appeared that the other folks who were there lived there long term. I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if the place was rampant with drug use. I did not feel safe there and had to leave. I have stayed in several 3rd world countries and assure you that this place is worse!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank nakeeyad
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I travel extensively up and down the east coast and through the midwest and this is among the worst places I've stayed in over 4 years. Rooms are very poorly lighted. They are lacking in amenities. They Don't even have ice on the premises. You have to go to a grocery store and buy a bag of ice if you want ice for anything. I will NEVER stay here again even if it means an hour drive.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank LHtrucker
Reviewed October 22, 2011

If we had the possibility to read the other reviews in advance, we would not have stayed here - because a lot of other hotels/motels had no vacancy we spent 90$ for the room in the Redwood - it's the worst motel we ever stayed - dirty, old, unfriendly reservation-agent....all the other bad reviews are true! Do not stay in this motel!

• Stayed: October 2011
Williamstown Motel
Williamstown Motel
#3 of 13 in Williamstown
Blackinton Manor Bed & Breakfast

Been to Redwood Motel? Share your experiences!