“Perfect compliment to a stay in North Adams”

Gramercy Bistro at MASS MoCA
Reserve with OpenTable
Gramercy Bistro at MASS MoCA is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in North Adams
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: St Anthony Drive
Description: Chef Alexander Smith is always committed to using the finest and freshest ingredients around. supporting independent farms, locally and abroad, since opening in 2001. we buy organic, farm raised food and are proud members of Berkshire Grown.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Gramercy's was my wife and my first dinner out as a married couple. We were on a 5 day honeymoon and I wish we'd saved this gem for last, as it was delicious. We wandered in on a slow Sunday night and immediately noticed the nice ambiance and decor. It was modern without the pretension, but perfectly warm after coming in from the below zero wind chill walk from mass moca.

The wasabi crabcake appetizer we selected was amazing. Spicy, sweet and savory all at once with string wasabi that cleared my wifes sinuses and left more for me. I was so grateful when my wife gave me her last few bites. Her pork dish was great with perfectly cooked veggies (they got the brussell sprouts just right. My filet au poivre was extraordinarily tender, cooked exactly as I'd asked, and wonderfully peppered (as one might expect). We didn't even have room for dessert.

The price was high, but I'd argue worth it. The service was great and unobtrusive. The only server on duty that night also politely took our photo. Simply wonderful.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Two couples who were celebrating a birthday, we decided on the Gramercy Bistro for the quality of the food. It did not disappoint. We received excellent service and the food was well prepared. It was a Monday night in September, so it was quiet; yet, the atmosphere was perfect for what we wanted. Great time with close friends, we could converse, relax, and enjoy the food.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We had lunch at the Bistro, and enjoyed the food, which was well-prepared and well-presented. The wine list was solid, the service pleasant and personable. The outdoor terrace was a quiet spot to take a break from the museum and watch visitors coming and going while we enjoyed a leisurely meal.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

good food, we went on a night where there was only one server and bartender in the place so it was a bit slow -- but food was good

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We enjoyed the scallops and the filet. Delicious spinach salad. It's very convenient if you stay at Porches. The atmosphere is relaxing. We liked it enough to go twice in three days.