The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA
Holiday Inn Berkshires(North Adams)(Great Value!)
$173
The Williams Inn(Williamstown)
$249
$212
Official Hotel
Cozy Corner Motel(Williamstown)(Great Value!)
$89
Villager Motel(Williamstown)
$59
Green Valley Motel(Williamstown)
$59
Berkshire Hills Country Inn(Williamstown)(Great Value!)
$99
All reviewsrow houseshot tubold millfire pitlunch boxyear roundspiral staircaseone bedroom suitecontinental breakfastmuseum of contemporary arthard boiled eggsunique hotelgranolareception areaturn down servicefitness roomfitness center
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We are now traveling New England States since a week. We stayed in Boston, Jackson, Killington, and now here in the Bershires. By far the best hotel during our trip. Friendly service (what is not "normal" in the US because Europeans are much more service oriented). The setting is different. Meaning that it us not one of the normal hotels you find in the US a million times. It's different and nice. A heated pool, a sauna. All what you want is here. I really recommend this place!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 6, 2011

First, I am a clean freak and this hotel made me feel as if I met my match. It was impeccably clean and I mean impeccably clean. The bathroom was beautiful and so was the room. There were only a few negatives, it was indeed noisy from traffic on the main road, however I think if we would have closed the pocket doors (as other reviewers suggested) while sleeping it would have been much better. I guess I just did not believe that it could be that loud. The bed was okay in my opinion. Also, I had done a lot of research before staying here and had asked the front desk about breakfast delivery to the room, I was told they no longer offer it or do not offer it (can't remember). Not wanting to argue and thinking that things may have changed, I went back to my room, and put the doorknob hanger out for breakfast room service choices just in case- it came. Breakfast is left at your doorstep in cute industrial lunch boxes. Adorable. Long story short, if I had a reason to come back to this area, I definitely would. I have already recommended the hotel to everyone I know. It's pluses cancel out any negatives. Thanks Mass Moca wish there were more hotels like you!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed for a night on our way back from Vermont to Boston hoping to visit MoCA
We were not sure what to expect as could be a love it or hate it experience.
We loved it!
Made up of several refurbished mill workers cottages the hotel is a unique experience and well worth a visit.
Our room was basic and simple but clean, fantastic bed linen, and with an eclectic collection of objet d'art on the walls. As an interior designer I can only describe it's style as "Granny Chic" Sadly we got a room without a porch!
Only accommodation complaint is that the door to the building bangs shut so you can hear other guests coming in and leaving which is disturbing during the night.
There is a sauna, heated outdoor pool and hot tub which is open with your room key 24/7
We had it to ourselves at 07.30 in the morning which was a wonderful start to the day watching the sun come up through the trees and the mist lift.
A self service breakfast in the main building is included in the room rate and while a cooked breakfast is not offered there is a good choice and the quality is excellent.
The staff were friendly and helpful and we loved the resident cat who chose to sit with us while we had a night cap.
Sadly the museum did not open until 11 am and we had to be on our way so we cannot review MoCA.
For lovers of quirky, retro, modern art, friendly service and great sheets we highly recommend Porches.
North Adam is not great but nearby Williamstown is beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I've been to a lot of hotels around the world, and Porches is my favorite. It's not the fanciest, but it's simple, elegant, and relaxed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My family went to the Porches for my mother's birthday. The staff could not have been any nicer and left her some chocolates for her birthday so that was a treat when we got to the hotel. North Adams is a small quaint New England mill town so we enjoyed walking around the town for a little while and we spent an afternoon at MassMoca and the attached restaurant, the Gramercy. The breakfast was great at the Porches and the beds were also super comfortable.

Room Tip: The suites were roomy and had great bathrooms with a jacuzzi, which was a perk.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family