“Fun time”
Review of Windsor Lake

Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in North Adams
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Windsor Lake or "Fish Pond" as it is referred to by locals is wonderful place to be on a sunny day. It is great for families. There is a roped off swimming area, playground, picnic tables, and snack stand.

1  Thank Rasocb

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We camped here at Windsor Lake. The campsites are not on the lake, which is fine. They are nice wooded sites with plenty of space for each site. The lake is beautiful, free and offers swimming. There is also an adorable cafe on the lake called Amy's.

1  Thank Beth H
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Growing up in North Adams, I spent plenty of summer days as a child (and summer nights as a teen) at Windsor Lake, called Fish Pond by locals. After I left western MA, I remembered it as dirty, dingy, ugly. I have no idea why!! Recent trips back with my 2 young children have proven those memories very wrong. While the water is definitely not Carribean blue, it's clean. I adore the expanse of grass for laying around, picnicing, and playing frisbee. The throw back playground is a hit with my kids. They can dig in the sand for hours and swim safely in a shallow area roped off for smaller kids. Big kids can have plenty of fun romping around on the beach and in the water. The snack bar serves up sweets and fried goodness, just as you would expect. My entire family, including my husband who grew up on the coast, enjoys spending hours and hours at this quaint lake.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Fish Pond Aka, is a great family location. The snack bar is very good, parking excellent, and plenty of play/relaxation area to enjoy warm weather. Get there early if you plan a day picnic to secure your idea picnic table space.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great Lake and view, I really love going there with my daughter. I just don't know why they hire inattentive life guards! Not friendly as well. Beach is usually not in good condition. I think this beautiful lake and surroundings can be improved.