This building used to be a Holiday Inn, but has been completely renovated with aspirations of joining the "boutique"/trendy class. The renovation has basically succeeded in that the property is now in good shape and has more personality than your typical suburban hotel. In some sense, the renovation also fell short because there is only so trendy you can get within the parameters of the original building, and some of the touches (little haiku everywhere, for example) are just silly.
Overall, considering the proximity to Boston, I'd have to say that it was an excellent value. We will return.
Did not try the restaurant.
* Modern decor with more style than your basic suburban hotel
* Friendly staff
* Covered free parking (great in winter)
* Right by intersection of I-90/Mass Pike and I-95/Route 128; easy access to both
* Adjacent to terminus of "D" branch of the MBTA Green trolley line. Leave your car at the hotel and take the "T" to downtown Boston etc.
* No noise problems encountered during our stay
* Comfortable beds
* Plenty of hot water during our stay
* Well maintained
* Free internet and no charge for local phone calls
* Excellent value for this area.
* Room was cramped (basic 2-double-bed room)
* Faint mildew odor in bathroom
* Shower only, no tub (at least in our room)
* Internet was sometime slow (but at least it was free)
* Other than the "T" station, there is nothing immediately around the hotel -- no restaurants, stores etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape the hectic pace of the city yet be close enough to easily visit at this contemporary boutique hotel adjacent to Boston train station and offering complimentary WiFi, 24 hour business center and state-of-the-art fitness center. Inside is the highly acclaimed BOKX 109 American Prime, a modern steakhouse for drinks and dinner and Phi Cafe featuring Starbuck's coffee, light breakfast and lunch fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Indigo Newton
- Hotel Indigo Boston