“Comfy rooms”

Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed June 26, 2014

One thing I really loved about this place : the bed. Big and very comfortable. Once in I didn't want to get up. The room was a good size, and the place is quiet. The location was good for me as I had a shuttle taking me to the office in Newton. Breakfast is good. The bar tender was very nice as well. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Littlebeeez:

Thank you for choosing the hotel Indigo Boston - Newton for your recent business trip.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our comfy rooms.

We hope to see you again soon!

Stay Inspired,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We just spent a week at the Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside. We chose this based upon it's proximity to the T and my husband's Boston office. We could tourist and he could easily access work. We requested a room with a King bed and pull out sofa but were told they don't guarantee requests! What? Other hotels manage to guarantee my choice of rooms, just fine. I was left with the impression that they didn't HAVE to since they stayed booked, so they didn't. That was the first inkling of the type of customer service we would experience. Rude front desk, rude housekeeping.

We ultimately did NOT receive the room we requested and had, instead, a room with 2 double beds. I suppose it's not a big deal but it is NOT what we asked for and they really didn't care. Oooooo - the room is really small and BEWARE the boxes that hold the mattresses - I have the bruises to remind me!

My biggest issue was the cleanliness of the bathroom. You KNOW it is bad when your teenage daughter comments on the hair and GRIME at the base of the shower walls between the shower and the sink. Really grimy all along the bottom of the shower the entire length on the outside. Mold and grime around the drain in the sink - it wasn't a stain as I could easily remove it with a washcloth. Eeew. Blood or feces print on the wall where one would expect a light switch to be - the switches are oddly located outside of the bathroom. The print is easy to see and, I suspect, still there. It was a really dirty bathroom.

Keurig is nice and coffee was good.

Restaurant is pretty expensive. Their coffee was not good. Stick to your Keurig.

3  Thank mumziepooh

Dear MumziePooh:

Thank you for choosing the hotel Indigo Boston - Newton.

I am very sorry that you experienced housekeeping issues with your room. Based on your description the room was clearly not ready for occupancy.

Your comments have been shared with the hotel management team to ensure corrective actions are taken.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I had to be at an early meeting on Monday so booked Hotel Indigo for Sunday night, specifically because of the pool. I arrived at approximately 1:30pm, checked-in and was given a wristband for pool access. This should have been my first warning. After moving through a large crowd of non-hotel guests waiting to get into the pool area, I arrived to a very crowded, very loud pool atmosphere.
What I was not told and what was not listed anywhere on the website or in reviews was that there are Sunday pool parties. There were no available chairs and when I asked for one, I was told I would have to pay $10, even as a hotel guest. I had already chosen to pay a higher rate at Indigo (compared to other full-service hotels in the area) because of the pool so I did not think it was right that I would be charged an additional $10.
I then tried to get lunch but the restaurant was closed and I was told I could eat outside on the pool deck. Again- there were no seats that were unoccupied or did not have a "reserved" sign. After seeking help, a waitress was able to seat me at a table marked "reserved" after asking several managers if it was okay.
The overall experience was extremely frustrating and dissapointing primarily because of the fact that I did not know the hotel hosted pool parties. I was hoping for a relaxing afternoon by the pool and my experience was the complete opposite. If not for the full day cancellation fee charge, I would have checked out immediately and gone elsewhere.
On a positive note- the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank J O
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear J O:

Thank you for sharing your comments on line regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

I am very sorry that you pool expereince was negative affected by the volume of customers pool side on Sunday. We are reviewing the decision to host events of this size in the future.

Your comments will certainly be considered as a final decison will be made very soon. I will reach out to you directly and offer you the opportunity to return for a complimentary stay on the future weekend.

Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed over night for business, and it was great! The staff is super friendly and accommodating - they go the extra mile to make your stay even better - willing to book rooms and have household items if you forget! The rooms are also very nice and clean. I didn't get to try the restaurant downstairs during my stay but I hear the food is great.. will definitely be coming back again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Liz K:

Thank you fo choosing the hotel Indigo Newton and sharing your comments regarding your stay experience.

We are thrilled that enjoyed the inspired service provided by our staff.

Please come and see us again soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Very nice place to stay, nice, clean rooms. Decently sized fitness area and an outdoor pool. I agree that generally the location is not the best right by the highway, but on the other hand within a walking distance to T-station Riverside. There is a good restaurant downstairs, great for dinner, but not some much for breakfast. Service in the morning is slow and menu is limited.

I would definitely recommend it though if you are visiting any of the nearby businesses.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Grove Street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Agnes L:

Thank you for choosing the hotel Indigo Boston - Newton for your recent stay in the Boston Area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments.

The hotel's location next to the Riverside Green line Station is very convenient for our guests. We are please you enjoyed the dinner experience in our Bokx 109 restaurant.

The Team here is addressing your concerns regarding breakfast timing and menu options.

Please come and see us again soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

The hotel is a nice value for the Boston area if your destination is in the suburbs. It is about a half hour drive into downtown in normal traffic. I don't recommend this hotel if you plan to spend a lot of time in the city. (We did and the drive was stressful!)

If you do need to go into the city, there is a train station located within a short walk. The hotel is also right next to the highway. I was pleased that I didn't notice noise from the highway or the trains in our room during our two-night stay.

As for my initial apprehension, the hotel exterior is a bit dark and dated in appearance. The hallway leading to our room was also dark. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw our room. It was very modern and comfortable. The staff was also very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Anne W

Dear Awwasti:

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton for your recent stay in the Boston Area. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and services provided.

Please come and see you again soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I'd rate the Hotel Indigo at 3.5 stars if that were possible. Our room was clean, fresh-looking and comfortable. The hotel is mostly disadvantaged by its situation, overlooking the highway on one side and Grove Street on the other. The beds in the hotel have a badly-designed, jutting wooden frame that you keep knocking your feet on painfully and our pillows were lumpy. Noisy but powerful A/C unit. The two elevators are slow, leading to long waits in the lobby and parking lot levels in particular.

2  Thank bpch
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear bpch:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor. We value the feedback of our guests and are always looking to improve the product and services provided to each customer.

I am sorry that you experience a noisy AC unit in your room. They can be set to run continuously or shut off so they do not disturub your sleep. Many of guests enjoy the pool deck view on the back side of hotel which is more inviting that the adjacet highway.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Boston Marriott Newton
Crescent Suites Hotel
Crescent Suites Hotel
#3 of 11 in Waltham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick

Been to Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside? Share your experiences!