Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
$183
  • Restaurant
$112
Travelocity
Sheraton Needham Hotel(Needham)(Great Value!)
$168
Hotel Boston(Boston)
$212
  • Breakfast included
$152
All reviewsaveda productshardwood floorscovered parkingmbta stationoutdoor poolgreen linemodern decorfree parkingoff the highwaybar restaurantbusiness centerfive minute walklate at nightfenway parkriversidecabanahip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel decor was nice…I'd describe it as 'boutiquey with a modern flair.' I LOVED the covered parking (snow and sleet in Boston is a bugger…covered parking made this a non-issue). I enjoyed a nice dinner at the restaurant bar one evening (which was consistently busy while I was there) and the bartenders were great. My only complaint was with the cleanliness and condition of my room. There were coffee stains on the closet from a previous occupant, the shelf in the bathroom was slanted and resulted in my deodorant plummeting to it's watery death (it fell right into the toilet), and there were mysterious markings on the floor (dirt or something). To top it off, I NEVER got a copy of the paper in the morning (although all of the other rooms around me got one). I will probably give it another try due to it's proximity to my work, but may consider driving a little further for a better experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Flyrodtrouter
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience on Trip Advisor.

I am very sorry that we did not live up to our standards and your expectations. The issues you encountered should not have occurred and will be addressed immediately.

I will reach out to you off line to personally to ensure a return stay to the Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Well, there is not much to say about the hotel: the room was nice, the staff friendly, the location convenient. Great fitness center (including mats!) and a fancy bar (which gets quite crowded). I stayed there for a class at Babson College (their executive center was fully booked). One suggestion: make sure to replace coffee capsules in the rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room on the upper levels, away from the bar and from the elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Uskern:

Thank you for making the Hotel Indigo you home away from home while attending a course at Babson College.

The staff is thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I would stay here again. Indigo is much different than very old, refurbished (and expensive) hotels in the heart of Boston. It reminded me of places I have stayed in Europe, which often don't have creature comforts normal in the US, like space, but more interesting style.

The room was small with Ikea-like furnishings. The floor is a wooden-textured laminate...which was not as welcoming as carpet on the feet. There is not a real closet but hanger space is integrated into a piece of furniture. Not a coffee drinker but the room had a Keurig machine. Included WiFi gave me no problems. I did not notice some of the maintenance issues others noted. My gripes were poor water pressure and the bed pedestal that I kicked a couple of times as it protrudes further than the mattress. The bathroom was shower only with a small pedestal sink...OK for just me in the room but possibly tight with another guest.

Amenities exceed the limitations of the room. The restaurant, BOKX 109, was very good--food, service, and interesting crowd (on a Tuesday evening at that). The gym was more functional than expected with 6 assorted cardio machines, free weights, and just enough free space for a couple of people to exercise or stretch out of others' way. The available conference room looked very stylish from outside.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dred313,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Indigo Newton MA.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience and the amenties of the hotel and Bokx 109 restaurant.

I will reach out to you directly to determine the room number you occupied to investigate the water pressure and bed frame issue you described.

We look forwad to hosting you during your next trip to the Boston Area.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The good
Price for the "Boston Area" was about half in town prices. Plus as a rewards member free parking(which in Boston can run $50 a night!) both positives.

Easy to find. Close to Riverside T.

Friendly staff.

Comfortable beds!

The bad

The parking was in a covered garage out back. Traveling alone I felt uneasy returning in the evening.

The elevators! I found 2. You have to take one to get up out the garage, up to the lobby, then up to your room. It was a busy hotel and these were not enough. I was there on a Thursday. I can't imagine what it was like on a weekend. In the morning it was worse as housekeeping uses those elevators as well. I waited a long time that morning(15 minutes)

The floors are laminate, which at first I loved! No gross carpet. But then the upstairs room came back. It was noisy! You hear everything with those floors. So I would suggest asking for top floor.

And my bathroom really had no storage space. A tiny shelf. My makeup bag had no place to go. And the tiles in the shower were moldy. A little bleach would have been helpful.but overall clean with decent bath products.

The TV, very limited channels.

So bottom line, you get what you pay for. The slight inconveniences were worth the almost $300 a night savings on the room. But you have to decide if it's worth it for you. I had a car. That is why the free parking was a big selling point for me. It took about 20 minutes to get into the Fenway area by car from here,

Room Tip: Ask for top floor to eliminate noises from upstairs.
Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Javamt
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Javamt:

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed impression of your Hotel Indigo experience. I am glad you enjoyed the value proposition of staying in the adjacent suburb of Newton as compared to downtown Boston.

We hope to be your home away from home during your next trip to the Boston Area.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is our first Indigo hotel stay in the priority club hotel chain. We picked this hotel because of it supposedly modern style and close to where we are going to visit. We do not like the hotel because the room is small, with 2 beds, there is barely room to walk around. And, we always hit the bed frame which is rectangle that has sharp edges.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jackiesyu:

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hotel Indigo Newton on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry that you had an issue with the bed frame sticking out and causing an issue during your stay. I will reach out to you privately to determine which room you occupied to make certain the bed frame is in the proper condition and location.