“Comfy bed but tiny room”

Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a great place for one person for one or two nights. Our room was very small but I would say this hotel is perfect for business travelers or those needing a comfortable place to stay for a night or two. I liked how our room had a small window that we could open for fresh air but the location of the hotel is pretty noisy outside.

The restaurant was very good and all of the staff we encountered were very nice. I was a little put off when I was checking in because the woman at reception told me there was no reservation with my very unique name. Luckily I had my confirmation number handy and she found the reservation.

We did not use the pool but it looked nice and it was nice to enjoy a cocktail by the fire they had out by the pool in the evening.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear beth5496,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Janice A

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Since when do you reserve a hotel room three months in advance, with a credit card and you get a call on the answering machine, two weeks before your stay, saying are you going to come to our hotel, please call to confirm. Oh it happens to be a college parents weekend. Maybe they can make more money for the room or they are overbooked. This action is despicable. On top of that, I am a gold card member for this chain of hotels. Would actually prefer to stay at the closer Crowne Plaza, Oh well, Will not eat at that restaurant when I go HA, and will double lock the door.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ronald R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear rescigrj,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We regret to read your disappointment towards the level of service you received. Please be assured that the points you've raised in this review will be looked into and be addressed accordingly.

Once again, thank you for sharing a valuable feedback.

Joel B

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I love this hotel and have been staying here since they opened. Bokx, the restaurant is great, with an awesome staff. Pool is beautiful. This hotel is easy to get to, and just a very relaxing and comfy place to rest up.

Room Tip: The rooms are always freezing when you first enter. Every room, every time. So I usually turn the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for continuing to choose the Indigo Hotel Boston - Newton for your trips to the Boston Area.

We are pleased to hear that you continue to enjoy our hotel and the amenities it offers.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit.

Jim H

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed in IHG properties around the globe, but I have never seen anything like this one. Despite booking and paying in advance for a King with a sofa bed @$250+ per night, we (my husband, daughter, and I) were shuttered away in a room only marginally larger than the kingsize bed it held (no room for a rollaway). Everything from the bed to the curtains was shabby and rundown, we are talking holes in the sheets, damaged headboard, stains on the chairs and walls, broken window shade. As if that were not enough, the air conditioner roared and clanked endlessly. Our request for a room change was met with, "Sorry we are booked up." Indeed they were booked up, with people yelling, running, and vomiting in the halls (but that's another story).
To their credit, the staff did the best they could, but if all the have is sheets with holes in them and frayed towels, that's all you are going to get. Five days into our 11 night stay, and after a meeting with head of housekeeping (a really nice lady who I suspect was given they short end of the stick by the management who did not want to deal directly with a complaining guest) we were finally moved into a room matching the one we had booked and prepaid. The saddest part of this whole experience was watching some really good hardworking people have to deal with a property that was crumbling around them. This hotel has a great staff, but they have nothing to work with. We saw a man filing in the starches in the elevators wall paneling with a Sharpie.
Over the next 4 years I will doubtless make several trips to this area to visit my daughter in college, and as I live on the other side of the globe my stay will no doubt be 7+ nights, BUT will I stay here you ask?
The IHG should be ashamed of itself, for not supporting its hotel staff with a better facility and supplies. Moreover, despite being Platinum Club members, for several years, and staying with the brand around the globe I'm not sure my family and I will ever stay at another IHG property.

BTW: Were we offered a discount on the nights in the down graded room, NO.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Donna T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Donna T,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I appreciate your kind comments on our hotel staff. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards particularly the quality of your room accommodation. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves. Your comments are shared with the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P

Reviewed September 4, 2013

overall the hotel was very nice. the rooms were small, the bathrooms were TINY, the beds were comfy. The hotel staff was very nice and prompt. The pool area and bar is great, I only wish I'd had more time to lounge around the area. The restaurant food was yummy! The business center is spacious and quiet. The only drawback to our trip was the restaurant server Saturday night who seemed distracted and inattentive. I would recommend this hotel and will return in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear mary jo b,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know we were able to meet your needs during your stay. My apologies for any disappointment you had with your restaurant experience. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C

Reviewed September 3, 2013

we were tired-driving through the rain, and decided unexpectantly to stay the night in the area. We Googled and Hotwired on line, only 1 hour prior to arrival. I thought to myself that a place with a reasonable price that had a room must be a dive or worse. What a pleasant surprise! This was a beautiful hotel-the bed was super comfortable, and the staff was friendly. The breakfast choices were adequate,and not pricey for a hotel. Will probably stay here again,this time as a planned stop.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton as your port in the storm.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your service experience, the comfort of our beds and breakfast in the morning.

We look forward to hosting you again during your next trip to the Boston Area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Although it's a little difficult to get to if you don't have your own transportation, the Hotel Indigo certainly was a wonderful place to be for my business trip.

The staff was quietly helpful, the decor tasteful, and the tuna tataki was wonderful! I didn't get a chance to use the pool, but the ideas of little tent cabañas that face the pool was a very good one.

I'd stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Indigo Boston Newton and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

The entire hotel team is excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will return again!

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton @ Riverside Station

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Boston Marriott Newton
Crescent Suites Hotel
Crescent Suites Hotel
#3 of 11 in Waltham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick

Been to Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside? Share your experiences!