“Short Stay”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Newton
Clare
“Short Stay”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for a family wedding. The hotel itself looks alright from the outside but the inside and pool area is very nice. The rooms are clean and comfortable (apart from the base of the beds sticking out which led to a few bruises). The bathroom was clean and fresh.

The restaurant is expensive so we ate off site when needed.

It is located a 5 min walk from the T station and this brings you to Boston centre.

The pool and bar area are nice with outdoor fire pits and covered areas for some shade during the day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear garyproftraveller,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us. However, I am deeply sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Hastings, Minnesota
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've stayed here several times (for business) and it's okay for the most part. Today, I happen to be extremely hungry as it's 4:45 and due to a crazy meeting schedule, I haven't eaten yet today. I got back to my room and grabbed the room service menu. Understandably, there are limited options prior to the dinner service but it clearly states that beginning at 4pm you can order a few meals. I called down to get one and was told "There's no food at all until 5." Although on the verge of eating my own arm at this point, I calmly told him that the menu states I can order a "whenever item" at 4. If it was possible to "hear" someone roll their eyes, I could swear I did but his tone was rude and inappropriate. He basically told me to go pound sand.

I then called the front desk to talk to the hotel manager. By all means if Larry (the rude restaurantuer) is right then they should know that every menu in every room has a mistake on it. He quickly told me that he would reconnect me to "the Manager" at the restaurant and would get my order placed.

Guess who answered?? My old pal Larry! Through dripping snarky sarcasm he pretended to be thrilled to help me. I'm getting my dang turkey wrap (but let's be honest...we all know someone spit in it by this point).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Susan R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Susan R,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience your restaurant experience may have caused you and for the unacceptable service you have received. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Newton hotels

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo Newton/Riverside this past weekend.
The hotel was a pleasant surprise. Being an employee of 2 hotels in New York, I am very critical any time I stay at a hotel. This hotel met all my expectations. It is located outside the city, but it is right next to the last stop on the T - Green line. We were able to get everywhere we wanted to go with the T. We went into Boston to Fanuill Hall and the Wharf without the worry of where to park. We even went to Fenway Park to a Red Sox game and were able to get back and forth without a problem. I would definitely stay here again.

I do want to mention one stand out employee, Mike the chief engineer. He was so friendly and helpful. We met him on the elevator and he greeted us with a warm smile and a hello. He helped us with directions and suggestions. He even helped us with an air conditioner that was giving us problems. All staff members that we met were friendly and helpful, but Mike stood out. He is a super star.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Smtsannec
Somerset, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The rooms seem great until you wake up in the middle of the nite to use the bathroom and your leg meets the bedframe that sticks out 5" at the perfect height to maximize shin pain. The coffee shop opens too late and by the time it did open I had to wait behind a large line. Luckily I woke up and hit my shin on the bed frame again. It didn't help with my mood but it woke me up.

Also had a $44 dollar steak at the restaurant downstairs. The sales pitch on the steak got me.
was it the most expensive steak I ever paid for... I think so
was it the best steak I ever had? no
though I did like their "B-1" steak sauce

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Travis H
GeneralManager21, Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
wayneH....

Thanks for the heads up. We have had a few guests mention the issue abount hitting their ankles on the bed frames. They are very high quality mahogony frames that we would hate to change out. One of the solutions is to router the edges and restain them. It would have to happen in the offseason but might do he trick. Thanks for the comment.

Hotel Manager
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed here on business for several nights, thought it a bit over priced, not close to anything to eat or do, except the train station, access to the hotel during rush hours is challenging. The rooms were very clean, modern in design, walk in shower, has one of those small round toilet bowls that I find too small for a 6'1" 200 lb man. Laminate flooring was a treat, no disgusting carpeting. The bath towels were rough and not very plush.

Maybe I am an idiot, however, the only window shade was a light curtain, when the sun rose, so did I. Fortunately, sometime during the night they turned out the parking lot lights, so the room was not as bright.

For the price, you would think they would have cottenelle toilet paper or something more fitting (Costco toilet paper maybe), they had the cheap see through two ply you get in public restrooms.

Sure beat staying at the Best Western in Framingham.

Room Tip: I would presume that rooms on the pool side would have a better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager21, Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
ValricoJoe,

Glad you liked your stay. It's a neat hotel isn't it. Thanks for the kind comments. I will pass them along. I addition to the shade in the room there should also have been a sheer? We'll check it out. Thanks again for the nice review.

Manager
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Clean, executive type, parking, metro at walking distance. the price was acceptable. the restaurant is good but expensive. The only reason to stay here is because is close to the highway. The green line is good but the trip form the hotel to downtown is very far away (40 min).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager21, Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Luis C.

Thanks for taking the time to send a review. Glad you liked our central location and services. I will share your comments with our staff. I hope you will stay with us again shoudl you return to the Boston area.

Hotel Manager
Oregon
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Recently stayed here while apartment hunting in Boston. The train station was right next door and was easy to get to.

The hotel was nice and modern looking. The bed was very comfy and we got a great night sleep. The room was a bit small and we could hear everything from the hallway. Those were the only issues though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager21, Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
TomM8...

Thanks for the review. Glad you liked our proximity to the Riverside Subway station and it's easy access to Boston. Good lluck apartement hunting and thanks for staying with us.

Bruce Leaver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Boston Marriott Newton
Crescent Suites Hotel
Crescent Suites Hotel
#3 of 11 in Waltham
Residence Inn Boston Watertown

Been to Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside? Share your experiences!