“Very Nice Crowne”

Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is the first time that I have stayed here,rooms are claean and updated,breakfast buffet was excellent,located downtown a little tough to get to. Parking in the secure garage is easy. Staff is very friendly check in was a pleasure,whether traveling on business or plesure this is a great property.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 10, 2013

After staying at some worn out Crowne Plaza's in the past few months, this was a welcome treat.

Room was in great shape and I had a great view of the highway the hotel is built over! Staff was very friendly and answered my questions honestly and not just what I wanted to hear. Bar/food area is clean and neat, if anything it is a little small for a hotel this size.

If was going to complain about anything it would be that the hotel is located in the middle of a very busy hwy circle and crossing the street can be a real task.

There are plenty of places to eat with-in walking distance if you don't want to eat at hotel.

I did not realize how close I was to downtown Boston until I was leaving and saw my GPS said 2mi to Cambridge....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank richard9i
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I and my girlfriend really love this hotel. We always stay at this hotel when we visit Boston. The location of the hotel is good and the staff are very professional and helpful. The rooms are decent size and very well maintained. Moreover my girlfriend really loves the bath products they have. And so much so that we even ordered them from Amazon after trying at the hotel. They gave us free breakfast coupon for our second visit to the hotel which was a nice gesture. The breakfast buffet is good and warm. Although I would just like to add that if you don't have a car, then you have to take an express bus which costs $4.50. Or you can take a T bus from Kenmore station which takes longer but cheap.

There is a Chicago uno gill restaurant for a decent dining. Especially, we love the Prana restaurant nearby.Try the restaurant if you are up for some vegan food.

All in all, a decent price hotel with good rooms and excellent service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

It isn't I stay at a hotel built on top of an expressway! And it is unusual to find ear plugs next to the bed...

And the heating and air conditioning systems are a bit dated!

But if you need to stay in this part of Paton and want a nice ran room with great friendly staff, a great rate then you have found the right hotel.

Staff could not have been better! I was at a Fairmont last week; and this staff was better! Spotlessly clean! So turn up the TV have a glass of wine and forget the highway underneath

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank SouthernTravel
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton. I go to Boston College frequently and this hotel is by far the most convenient. The front desk staff was extremely cordial. Had a problem with the remote control for my television and the housekeeping staff helped me out. The room was clean and well thought out. Nice bathroom and shower. I would highly recommend this hotel when visiting the Newton/Boston area. Some may say there is a problem with highway noice from the Mass Pike, it was not a problem for me.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the opportunity of staying Friday night at the Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton for a Saturday conference.
Although you really need to follow your directions to get to the hotel from the Mass Pike, this hotel is definitely worth the round about entry.
Check in was great - very personable staff.
Paul in the lounge area was attentive and our meals were good - the chicken quesadilla was delish.
The conference banquet was great - attentive staff and wonderful service.

The room was large and very clean. One of my friends noted the sound of the traffic (this hotel is over the Mass Pike) in the evening, but it did not effect my sleep.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2013

we were on the 9th floor and are both deep sleepers, so the traffic noise was fine. Our room had a weird plumbing noise every so often that seemed to come from the toilet-- it happened so often and was such a piercing noise that it was really bothersome for our three-night stay. I think we heard the toilet flush for every guest room in our line of plumbing.

The view was nice though, and the room was clean. Housekeeping only came by once during our three-night stay, but it was okay. The pool and fitness center were definite plusses-- very clean and pleasant to use for exercise. The hotel also provides complementary water bottles at the fitness center, which was great.

For the price of the rooms (booked on hotwire), I would give it 4 stars. Remember that they charge $9 / night for parking and do not provide a free breakfast. The internet is okay, but not fast, and there is no fridge / microwave in the room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lilly C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Lilly C,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Boston Marriott Newton
#2 of 3 in Needham
Residence Inn Boston Watertown
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham

Been to Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel? Share your experiences!