All reviews charles river the concierge lounge view of the river a marriott rewards member indoor pool business trip mass pike stayed here for one night riverside station fitness center convenient location off the highway green line lobby starbucks parking boston
Reviewed September 11, 2018

This hotel is mostly geared towards business travelers. During my stay there were many professional meetings going on. It is nicely located at the junction of I-95 and I-90 making it a good choice for travelers desiring to take a night break, but also for visitors who need a cheaper option than downtown Boston. The layout of this hotel is weird and confusing; the lobby is in the 4th floor which is considered ground floor since it is at the same level as the parking. My room was in the 6th floor at the end of the building and would take a good 5 min walk from the lobby to reach it. If you have a status with Marriott, there is a concierge lounge in the 7th floor serving decent snacks and drinks for free but you have to pay for alcohol. Even tough the hotel is located outside the city, the huge uncovered parking lot is not free.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
ChristopherA2540, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear JayD2006,

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Got the opportunity to spend time here again after a number of years. The rooms have been updated with new technology. Room service has changed from a typical room service to delivered boxed food. This is a good change - lesser service charge. The personnel working the Concierge lounge are very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
ChristopherA2540, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Dear kdbauder,

Thank you for your feedback and we hope you have the opportunity to come back soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2018

This hotel had a very reasonable rate for my last Boston business trip - $300 a night cheaper than the in-town Marriott! Also parking is free vs. the $50 rates in-town. The commute into Boston was not bad off rush hours. The room was a little smelly but not insufferably. The only real negative is the breakfast buffet is $20 which is a non-starter for a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
ChristopherA2540, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear TravelShoeZ,

We are pleased that you found our hotel convenient and that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

im staying here for the weekend as are a lot of other Holy Cross alumni. The room is nice and it is clean. We met in the lounge area last night. It was quite full and clearly under staffed. It was impossible to get a servers attention. Needless to say our bar tab was fairly low. I ordered room service for breakfast. What I expected was an assortment of muffins, bowl of fruit, pitcher of coffee, silverware, butter, etc. What I got was a shopping bag with 4 "to go" Starbucks coffees, plastic silverware, no butter, 1 banana (and I dont like bananas) and a single muffin which was okay. I eat better at the Hampton Inn...and its free. Were planning to meet for Bloody Marys shortly....hopefull they are good!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo

Dear 990traceyq,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I apologize that your experience at the bar was not up to par. Our team will use your feedback to improve and we hope that you'll stay with us again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2018

We stayed at all kind of the Marriottes and were happy when for our 50th Anniversary my sister gave us a stay at the Marriott. The room was fine , with the balcony, which, unfortunately had a view of the tent wall. We asked the Reception to change the room and mentioned that we came to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. Within a few minutes we were given a room with a beautiful view on the Charles River. An hour later , relaxed and happy we were surprised by the knock on the door. " Happy anniversary" said a pleasant woman handing me a small bag.
We do not know how comfortable the bed is, or how good is a buffet breakfast, however we do know that a handwritten card with personal messages from Martha, David, Athena and other employees warmed our hearts and brought tears to our eyes. And Champagne and chocolate helped, of course! Thank you with all our hearts! We rate you the best!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Christopher A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Dear Nadrod,

Congratulations on your anniversary. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your special day and celebration with us. See you next year?

Thanks for staying with us,