“The Staff Are Awesome!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newton
Bellingham, Washington
“The Staff Are Awesome!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed numerous times at this hotel. I really like the hotel and the restaurant. And the staff are just the best. They have been so wonderful. Stephanie Forkin in particular deserves huge praises. Due to the snow, the place where my partner and I were going to teach was closed. Stephanie and her staff scrambled to set up a meeting room for us. Amazingly, we were able to start with everything we needed practically instantaneously and received thoughtful attention from Janice. The weather also caused a little accident, and Hazem, front desk and bell staff were very kind and helpful. Robert, the restaurant manager, and his waitstaff are wonderful. I wish I had taken down everyone's name to mention—but all were great, and we were shown kindnesses and favors by the fabulous Carl and Rui Lee. At the bar, Sue and Elisa are terrific.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MarkJ007, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for posting your recent experience at the Newton Marriott. I am thrilled to read your comments relative to your experience with our staff service. I will be sure to share with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon we hope.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Connecticut
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Has been around almost 50 yrs. recently upgraded. Place has good parking, clean and quiet rooms. Staff always helpful. Proximity to BC means that it is a beehive of activity during football weekends. Visiting team most often stays there. Rooms as expected from a Marriott. Comfortable, clean and quiet. Nice lounge which gets a decent crowd. Absolutely nothing within walking distance. Great proximity to Rt 128 and Mass Pike. Loads of good restaurants with 15 minute drive.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback relative to your most recent stay at the Newton Marriott. We are indeed now the 2nd oldest Marriott hotel but as noted have made many renovations to keep the hotel looking fresh. I will be sure to share your comments with our team and we look forward to seeing you return soon.
Montville, New Jersey
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The hotel is located on Commonwealth Ave- about a 20 minute drive to Boston. Very convenient while visiting BC. This is an older Marriott- but it has been updated. Very large outdoor parking lot (no garage). You enter on the 4th floor and from previous reviews- I knew to ask for a higher floor- above the lobby. Room had 2 double beds - a little tight for 3 people, but comfortable. Walls are very thin as we could hear the TV blaring from the room next door until late at night. Staff at front desk were friendly. We were on the 5th floor- nice view of the river. About 5 miles from Boston College.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for rooms above the 4th floor. Lobby is on the 4th floor- past reviews stated musty b...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank auntiebling
MarkJ007, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Newton Marriott. we will update your profile for a room above the lobby floor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mark
Plano
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed for one night while traveling for business. As per other reviewers, I did ask for a room close to the elevator so I didn't have a walk. When I asked about it at check in, they immediately moved me to another room, saw I had extra towels requested and proactively said they would bring those. After I broke my phone charger, they even let me use their charger to charge my phone... Mr. Stan (sorry, I didn't get your last name), was polite, courteous and on top of things..
Buffett at breakfast was great with a view into the frozen tundra of MA.

The negative about the hotel -
In this day and age and service, do you really need to charge $13 for Wifi?

Room Tip: Ask for rooms closer to the lobby (its a LONG hotel)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CDarveaux
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here several times for business. Clean, comfortable rooms with an excellent front desk staff.

Seems like restaurants are far away (only about 10-15 minutes), but it felt longer.

If you are a runner, there is access to a trail system about two blocks away.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nathan J
Colchester, VT
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights while traveling for business. My room had two beds but was best suited for a single person, as it had only two small drawers for clothes. The beds were okay, pillows, marginally okay. My room had a small fridge, but it is hidden behind cupboard doors, so I forgot to clean my stuff out. The bathroom is as small as it could possibly be. The business center computers worked well. USA Today is free and available in the lobby.The pool was nice and the fitness room, adequate for my needs. The restaurant food was overpriced, even for a city hotel. Since we were in a blizzard, I went to breakfast in the dining room and was told, the buffet only was available, $16. The waitress came right away and asked if I wanted OJ but didn't mention, $4 extra. So my breakfast of oatmeal and fruit, coffee and OJ cost about $20.

Room Tip: During a snowstorm, ask for a river facing room. Much quieter. The snow clearing goes on all night.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SG_ColchesterVT
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The Riverbend Restaurant is in need of a MAJOR fumigation. What an horror show as clients were having lunch--and fruit flies were having a convention, hovering above our wine glasses and salads. It was like the flies knew when to land; when the wine arrived at the table. The waiter acknowledged there was a problem. Nothing was done. I suggest the Newton Board of Health inspect this restaurant. And we were staying at the hotel too. Makes us think, what is flying around the Executive/Club Lounge?

Room Tip: No so much a room at the hotel. It was the Riverbend Restaurant with the fruit fly problem.
Green Features: The need to spray........big time. So what if the chemicals are not good for the planet. Flies in a restaurant is not a good thing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TourduCanada
HotelMgr12, Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear TourduCanada,

Thank you for your feedback. Your experience is certainly not our standard. We will investigate your concerns. Our goal is to provide a great dining experience for our customers.

Best Regards,
Guest Relations

Travelers are raving about these Newton hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Crescent Suites Hotel
Crescent Suites Hotel
#3 of 11 in Waltham
Residence Inn Boston Watertown

Been to Boston Marriott Newton? Share your experiences!