Boston Marriott Newton
HotelIndigo.com
$164
$155
  • Pool
The Walker Center(Newton)(Great Value!)
$115
$159
AC Hotels
$189
$165
All reviewscharles riverthe concierge loungeview of the rivertypical marriottfull service marriottindoor poolan older propertyhotel shuttlebusiness tripriverside stationmass pikestayed here for one nightfree internetfitness centerconvenient locationgreen linelobby
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Arrives shortly before 4 and our room wasn't quiet ready but when we returned we were pleasantly surprised with the Presidential Suite - I suppose a perk from being a Marriott Rewards member.

Suite was lovely two-story room. Loft are containing a queen size bed (not ideal since I was traveling with my 13 year old son) and a very nice bathroom with sinks in a hallway that could easily be described as another room

1st floor had table with four chairs, bar area with two chairs and a seating area with a love seat, two chairs and sleeper sofa (awful mattress).

Two story high windows filled outer wall with view of the Charles River and small seating area with two adirondack chairs. River view obscured by free line from 6th floor and by Stone wall taller than chairs - security and/or privacy?

Restaurant decent - could accommodate gluten free so nice. Nothing really close by as
It seems to be located in a residential area however restaurants within 15 minute drive were very nice. Seems the be more of a conference hotel Definitely need a car.

It was a peaceful place - much needed after having spent several days in downtown Boston over the holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

A classic and nice Marriott. I used my points to stay. One of the most fastest check-in and check-out. No smoking rooms as Marriott policy in US. (You can smoke in front of the hotel.)
A Modern, clean, comfortable room as usual at a Marriott. Small but modern bathroom.
There is a Starbucks cafe at the lobby. Huge car parking, surprisingly full every night, weddings and corporate stays, and hotel charges $9 per night. Internet is not free at the room but at the lobby, where you can see a lot of people sitting and connecting to internet. I was leaving early in the morning and coming back late at night, so that I can't say much more. But... No safe and no minibar at the room. (There is a small refrigerator.)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel is in an odd location, a very large hotel nestled in a residential area. Not much dining options nearby, and not really much to do after dinner, and it was quite clear that the hotel is geared towards conferences or corporate retreats. Other than the location, everything inside the hotel is standard Marriott, clean rooms, comfy beds, and reliable internet connections. The breakfast at the concierge lounge was very basic, had one of the smallest selection of food for a Marriott lounge.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Huskies92
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Spent one night here while attending a reunion of friends nearby. Check in was efficient and pleasant, public area attractive. Our room was on 3rd floor with partial view of Charles River. Room appeared somewhat dated as it and bathroom were small, but immaculate and well equipped. Beds were very comfortable and the A/C worked wonderful, considering it was 94 degrees outside that afternoon. Big drawbacks: no free wi-fi in rooms (Marriott Courtyard a couple miles away has it), and noise from loud guests on either side and in the corridor was significant. We did not have any meals here. Local friends advised us that hotel has had problems with car break-ins, so we were pleased to see guard sentry box as we entered the property. It is a little challenging to find the hotel at first, but once situated, easy access to I-95, Rt 30, and Mass Pike (I-90).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
MarkJ007, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service you received from our associates during your recent stay with us. I apologize that your neighbours were less considerate regarding noise levels. We try to operate a busy hotel and hope that all guests realize that they have neighbours.
We hope to welcome you back to the Newton Marriott soon.

Mark

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here for a conference June 11-16, and found the staff gracious and helpful. My room was very comfortable, with soft cotton sheets and feather pillows.
Leaving hastily on Sunday, I did not realize until the following day that I had left 2 drawers filled with my clothing, jewelry, Ipod, and Kindle. Calling the operations manager, Carolyn Sylvester, my anxiety was immediately allayed. She personally checked on my belongings, which has been turned in by the housekeeping staff. Carolyn arranged for everything to be shipped at no charge to me the next day. What a relief to discover everything intact when I opened the boxes!
Kudos to Carolyn and the housekeeping staff for their honesty and efficiency!
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business