“Great Hotel. Nice stay”

Boston Marriott Newton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stay at this hotel a couple times a year. The rooms are very nice and the beds are very comfortable. The Internet has quite a bit of speed and bandwidth available. The restaurant has very good food a great service. The gym is very good with plenty of modern equipment to get your workout on. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
MarkJ007, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Newton Marriott. It appears that you got to enjoy many of the hotels amenities. We appreciate you choosing us and look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon.

Mark

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel several years ago and although I didn't have any issues, the stay wasn't memorable enough to make me want to come back. I recall that the hotel as well as my room looked very dated . It was a nice surprise to see the refurbished hotel. I loved the new look of the hotel. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. I asked for a king size bed and, although the hotel was crowded, they were able to honor my request. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I appreciate the comfortable full sized pillows. I did not have any noise issues from the heating/cooling system in the room which is often a problem in other hotels. The view of the river was beautiful as was the wonderful landscaping during my walk along the river. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
MarkJ007, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your posting relative to your most recent stay at the Newton Marriott. We try to pleasantly surprise every guest with our new look and our customer service. I am glad that you tried us again. We hope you won't make it so long before we see you back again.

Safe travels.

Mark

Reviewed May 13, 2013

A solid Marriott property with a beautiful water view setting. Good location to major highways. Very professional and pleasant staff. Nice lobby area. Had a king room and the bedding was great as expected. As an older hotel where the rooms have been refurbished, this place is great!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water have great views!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in October of 2012. The room was spotless and airy and a good size room. The people treated me like I was the President of the United States. I went here because I just wanted to get pampered and be able to stay at a very reputable hotel. It was so comfortable in the room and I was able to sleep so well, which, usually is not the case. I woke up the next morning and had a wonderful breakfast. Yes, I would stay here again. It is pricy but, once in a while you have to give yourself a treat.

Room Tip: I think you would be happy in any room here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed a weekend for a high school reunion. Room was adequate, but the bathroom small. Towels were thin. A good value because of the block rate for the reunion. Not so, if I had to pay rack rate. Restaurant was very good, but maybe a little pricey.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to Boston for the weekend and chose the Boston Marriot Newton due to the reasonable rates and the proximity to the T. The free shuttle service to the T was a great way to have a stress-free trip into Boston. We requested a room on the first floor and had a door in our room that opened to a beautiful terrace with couches to sit on and enjoy the scenery. Our room charge also included breakfast on Sunday which was a fabulous brunch. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel as an alternative to staying in high priced downtown hotels.

Thank Kathleeng. F
MarkJ007, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for posting your comments relative to your most recent stay at the Newton Marriott. I am thrilled that you got to enjoy all that the hotel has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I took a group of middle school students here for their class trip to Boston; we chose to stay here because the hotels in downtown Boston were prohibitively expensive.

The hotel was a great place for us to stay; the breakfast was excellent in the mornings. There were a lot of food options even for picky eaters. There were a lot of fresh fruit, an omelette bar, lox and bagels, and the usual bacon, sausage, eggs, etc. Our server, Sue, was great with the kids and super helpful to the chaperones.

The staff was very accommodating to us. Issues come up with middle schoolers, and they responded quickly and helpfully to help as much as they could. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 3 in Needham
Allston / Brighton
Hotel Boston
Hotel Boston
#76 of 85 in Boston

Been to Boston Marriott Newton? Share your experiences!