Boston Marriott Newton
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$153
$144
$159
$149
  • Pool
$112
Sheraton Needham Hotel(Needham)(Great Value!)
$168
Hotel Boston(Boston)
$212
  • Breakfast included
$152
All reviewscharles riverthe concierge loungeview of the rivertypical marriottfull service marriottindoor poolan older propertyhotel shuttlebusiness tripriverside stationmass pikestayed here for one nightfree internetfitness centerconvenient locationgreen linelobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was at this location when I was feeling less then 100%. Normally when you are sick you want to be home but these beds were amazing. I wish I had stayed longer to recoup at amazing hotel. Plus it is very easy on and off the expressway.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here for three nights for college tours. I actually made reservations after reading about the beautiful view of the water. Our room looked out onto the parking lot.
The positive points are that there is a Starbucks in the Hotel lobby. The coffee that they offer in the room is disgusting. On our second morning, after we showered, we realized that there were no towels. Just two washcloths for three of us.
The hotel lobby smells like fish and a very cheap perfume.
Had to pay extra for wireless which is ridiculous! I have stayed in cheaper hotels where the wireless if free with the room.
A quarter roll of toilet paper was provided with the room, for 3 people. No extra rolls.
The covers on the bed were stained in several spots.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HotelMgr12, Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Nina,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am sorry to read that you did not find your room to be properly supplied. This is certainly not our standard. A clean and comfortable room is our top priority. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the Starbucks in the lobby. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly if we can be of assistance.

Guest Relations

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here for three nights on a recent college tour and found it very pleasant. The beds were comfy and the room was quiet even right by the elevator. The clam chowder was wonderful and the view from the restaurant was beautiful. The lobby Internet connection was not great and I finally gave up and used one of their computers. I don't understand the steep fees for in room connection when not as nice properties make it available for free.

1  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here for business and it was average at best, I was actually a little disappointed. The interior room was a typical Marriott but the age of the building came through. I have traveled to so many Marriott's that have been recently updated that this was just an average stay, nothing spectacular.

1  Thank khagerty2002
MarkJ007, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for comments on TripAdvisor. The Newton Marriott is indeed one of the original Marriott hotels built in 1969. So there are components of the hotel that speak to that construction era. However as you will have seen, the interior has been remodeled on this beautiful setting along the Charles River. We have a true spirit to serve and strive to exceed guest expectations which I hope to see you come back for. Thank you once more for your comments.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel was great. The room was great, wonderful pillows and loved the room. Starbucks coffee in the lounge was great in the morning. Great food. Expensive Internet in the room but otherwise the room was comfortable. Hope to come back again and see the sights.