“New England Dance Festival held at the Boston Marriott in Newton Mass.”

Boston Marriott Newton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newton
Niskayuna, New York
“New England Dance Festival held at the Boston Marriott in Newton Mass.”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We just attended the New England Dance Festival for four days, staying at the Boston Marriott in Newton Massachusetts. The festival was a great event to attend. We had a blast dancing and taking lessons thoughout the weekend. The Marriott was a great location to hold this event. There was plenty of free parking. The rooms, while on the small side, were comfortable and clean. Our maid service did a fantastic job. They had our room cleaned within an hour or two of us leaving the room in the morning for our dance lessons. The only complaint we had is that the Marriotts use they down quilts as your blanket and this got hot during the night. Also our room did not have a refrigerator or microwave but our friends did have one. So the next time, we will be requesting a blanket and a refrig for the room. My biggest complaint is that they charge $13.95 a day for Internet access. It is however free in the lobby. In this day and age, this should be free in every room. Lower priced budget hotels like Comfort Inn and Best Western offer this free as well as provide you a free continental breakfast so the Marriott should take a cue from them and change their policy to at least give you free Internet. We did not eat dinner there but did have the breakfasts Buffett. While it was a bit pricey, it was really good with homemade omelettes and fresh fruits etc. We did find some local breakfast places that were half the price and just as good. Check out Heidi's or Mel's Cafe for better alternatives.

Room Tip: This is a big hotel, so if you have difficulty walking, ask for a room close to the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 13, 2012

1. Room 272 on 8/3 – 8/4/2012;
a. Patio blocked off,
b. Stairs lead up to bathroom, light switch at top of stairs, no lighting on stairs.
c. No railing on stairs to bathroom.
d. Access to left side of closet ONLY from stairs

2. Ice machine filthy on 2nd floor.

3. Sat., approx. midnight fire alarm evacuation, again 7am on Sunday.

4. Convention of approx. 200 young adults, who partied well into the night. Friday night after an hour (around midnight) people were sitting outside our room on the first floor, had to contact front desk regarding noise level. Again, around 4am, partying in the hallway.

Room Tip: Be aware if room is located below the lobby. Ask to see room!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cnovotny
MarkJ007, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dera Valued Guest,

Thanks you for your comments relative to your most recent stay. Certainly any time the fire alarm sounds it can be an unsettling experience, for it to happen twice is a rare occurrance and I know disappointed many of our guests. We pride ourselves in creating a wonderful experience for people away from home. My hope is that this isolated occasion will not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Newton hotels

NJ
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is a very, very largefull-fledged Marriott property. Convenient to highway. Probably 20 minutes outside of Boston. Nicely decorated and well maintained lobby. Check in was very smooth. Concierge staff was very professional and accomodating. Did I mention that this is a very, very large property? Walking from the lobby to my particular room was a long haul. The parking lot is equally large. Parking fee is $9 per day, but I was not charged this amount. Nice surprise. WiFi is not free - costs around $13 a day. This is not unreasonable considering the room cost around $130. My double room was long and fairly narrow, but comfortable. The bathroom is on the small size. Room was clean and well maintained. I was only here for a brief stay, so I can't comment on ammenties, i.e. pool, gym, food. I look forward to staying here on future visits.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stay here if you get a low rate and do not mind a reasonable distance from central Boston. Staff is friendly and efficient, service is good, rooms are clean. Swimming pool with salt water is nice. $13/day charge for Internet access is outrageous, but same in the hotel lobby is free. Major problem is the extreme noise pollution in the hotel lobby. The acoustics are horrible with or without the piped-in noise.

Room Tip: Aim for rooms in the upper floors (6 or 7), looking over the Charles river and away from the confere...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank IGF
New York, NY
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stay at the Boston Marriott in Newton about 6 times per year for work. I wouldn't recommend staying here if you need to be in the city. I stay here to commute to a client in Wellesley, which works out fine (as long as you have a car). Everything about this hotel is pretty average. It seems to be a bit old, but everything is still clean and in working order. I have never eaten dinner at this hotel, but the breakfast in the lounge is always fine, and there is also a coffee shop in the lobby. The hotel bar is good and open until 1am. I have never had a problem with service - my only compliant is I usually can't get a room with a king bed even though I am traveling alone for work. It also seems that the rates are a bit high - I am traveling for work but I would be hesitant to pay for this hotel out of pocket because it seems a bit overpriced at certain times of the year. I recently stayed on a Monday night in July and it was $279/night. Otherwise, it meets all of my needs for business travel.

1 Thank kerrilynn124
Winnetka
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The hotel is what you'd expect in a Marriott; clean, comfortable rooms, etc. I was attending a buisiness meeting in the hotel, so location didn't matter. I took a shared van service called Knight's to and from the hotel and airport; $37 each way. I ate at the hotel twice and found the food tasty and reasonably priced for a hotel. Nothing is all that close to walk to, so a car is needed.

I've lived in Boston and know all the neat htings the city has to offer a tourist. While there is commuter service nearby, if you want to spend your time in and around the historical area, I'd select something a bit closer in.

Room Tip: I had a balcony facing the river. Not all rooms have a balcony, so ask for it!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Positives: Very clean hotel and a nice staff. Negatives: not close to downtown Boston, it's a 45 minutes ride with the T. There is nothing to do within walking distance from the hotel. This is not hotel for vacationers, more for business.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Crescent Suites Hotel
Crescent Suites Hotel
#3 of 11 in Waltham
Residence Inn Boston Watertown

Been to Boston Marriott Newton? Share your experiences!