“Very good, but not great. Pleasant atmosphere and the service was fine. I don't remember what I ate, which means is...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 51 Lincoln - CLOSED

51 Lincoln
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Columbus
Transit: Newton Highlands T stop on the Green Line(D) is located two blocks from the restaurant at the base of Lincoln Street.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2008

Very good, but not great. Pleasant atmosphere and the service was fine. I don't remember what I ate, which means is isn't a 5 star or favorite.

Boston
“I so wanted to like it but....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2008

This place is within walking distance of our house and looked pretty inviting from the outside. Even though I specifically requested to be upstairs when I made our reservation, they seated us in the basement and acted annoyed that we would be disappointed. The management was rude, and unsympathetic the food unremarkable, and the basement atmosphere the pits (literally and figuratively). They did nothing to improve our visit or encourage us to return.

Newton, Massachusetts
“meals are better than desserts, but overall very good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2008

meals are better than desserts, but overall very good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It's a shame. The food was very good, but the service was offensive. I'll never go back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food, pricey, but nice for an upscale evening in Newton (versus trekking into Boston). Small restaurant, so...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2008

Good food, pricey, but nice for an upscale evening in Newton (versus trekking into Boston). Small restaurant, so reservations are a good thing.