“A chance to explore”
Review of The Biltmore

The Biltmore
Reserve with OpenTable
The Biltmore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 257 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A gastropub restaurant in Newton, The Biltmore Bar & Grille offers contemporary American food, hand-picked craft beers, and creative cocktails.
Nashua, New Hampshire
“A chance to explore”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Grabbed lunch at The Biltmore with a group of coworkers and was very pleased with the service, food, and atmosphere. Loved the turkey club!

Go here looking to explore! With a limited selection of salads and sandwiches, you may find yourself having to try a dish you wouldn't otherwise choose.

• Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
“Biltmore Burger”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Biltmore Burger is one of the best burgers I've ever had. They also have sausage fritters with apple butter, which are fantastic. I hear good things about the chicken and waffles as well.

• Visited August 2013
Wellesley, MA
“Pork, Pork, Chicken”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My 10-year-old son thinks that the Biltmore is synonymous with Hog Wings. He also thinks that they have the best fried chicken (and waffles) in the world (which I guess, is "in Massachusetts). I happen to agree with him. Biltmore is our favorite neighborhood eatery, even though we live one-town over. While the front bar can be crowded and boisterous (during major games) - and you have to go through it to go to the dining room, the back room is actually quite calm and surprisingly family friendly. Tables are widely spaced and the banquet seats are very nice for young kids - there are two "box-seat" tables way in the back that is even more secluded it you need more privacy or a corral around your young kids. Now, the Hog Wings. They may not be on the main menu but appear on the "Bar Snack" menu. But if you like pork, you have to try it. The pork rib (on the bone) is boiled and then fried so it is soft inside, and browned outside. A buffalo-wing blue-cheese as well as a hot BBQ sauce are provided to give that "wing" taste. Three of these chops can serve as your meal with a side dish. We tried the Pork Belly Fritter on a recent visit. These are ball-shape fritters with a very soft, almost like blended/melted/creamed pork belly, perfected fried. The accompanied Chicharonne (fried pork rind) was chewy on the first try. After a comment to the server, the manager brought over a freshly prepared patch without our asking. Very nice. Now the Chicken and Waffle. It is a brined chicken batter-fried to dark brown. The crust is crispy (EVEN ONE DAY LATER) with a hint of maple syrup. It is one of the best friend chicken dish around. The waffles are very good too. Other items on the menu are all good. The burger is huge and juicy and memorable. The only bad news on the last visit? They stop serving house-made potato chips. It's probably something that takes up too much attention and fryer space when the restaurant is busy. But it is a sad omission to my kids. Hope they will bring it back in the Fall. (Please bring it back in the Fall!) They recently added some outdoor seating in the back alley; it would be nice on a summer evening, for tables of twos.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Douglas L
Pasadena, Texas
“Delicious!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I came with a large group and we were seated quickly. They have a great beer selection. I had the Lagunitas.

The burgers looked great, butI had the chicken and waffles. There were 3 giant pieces of chicken and a delicious waffle underneath. I couldn't eat it all.

• Visited June 2013
Newton, Ma
“Excellent Comfort Food”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Perhaps my wife and I made the mistake of going to The Biltmore on a Saturday night when the Boston Bruins were in a playoff game. The quality of our meals was wonderful, however, the service provided to us by our waitress was quite slow. I suspect the wait staff was too busy providing drinks in the bar area to pay attention to the diners in the dining areas.

My wife really enjoyed her appetizer of Grilled Asparagus with a deep fried soft poached egg in a citronette sauce. My wife asked the waitress if she could find out what the ingredients were in the sauce, but the waitress was not able to get the information for her. The egg was most interesting: imagine, a soft RUNNY poached egg encased in a deep fried breaded coating!!

My Caesar salad with white anchovies was ample and delicious. The romaine lettuce was fresh and crisp and the flavor of the dressing was bold.

My wife's Biltmore Burger with Vermont Chaddar and Appplewood Smoked Bacon with lettuce, tomato, and onion and Handcut Fries was excellent, tasty, and quite filling.

My Fish & Chips was among the best I've ever had, with fresh, flaky fish in a perfectly fried breaded coating.

After we finished our meals, we sat and waited for over fifteen minutes until our server brought over our check.

All in all, wonderfully prepared fresh food, but stay away on Saturday evenings!

• Visited June 2013